PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Missus_Aka
    Missus_Aka Posts: 285 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    p.s make sure you dont buy from tesco express stores petrol stations etc because they are not covered under the price guarantee
    SPC Member#1096 Target £150 Feb Count £82.18
    Aug Make£5P.DayChal £0/£155
    My August £100 Grocery Challenge £49.90/£100
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    £5.99 spent today, although most of that was on toiletries and although i've included them in my total for now, if I get close, I may have to rethink things (they'll last me months!)

£1.99 in Superdrug on 3 x shower gel.
    £3.00 on 2 x shampoo and 2 x conditioner in Morrisons and £1.00 on some cherry tomatoes.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • sazzledazzle
    Options
    He He I love this challenge, though think I may have sounded like a mad women walking around mr T counting my shopping as I went. Thought I would use my £4 off Mr T till voucher, and mr S £2 off £20 spend voucher, then found another Mr S £2 voucher so thought hey I will give this a go, and they took all three. So I saved £3.91 on multibuys, and then had £8 taken off with Vouchers. Total shop £25.28.
    Cant believe how well I am doing bearing in mind I am now buying for 3. then got a nice call from my Bro who is currently staying with us, and he is offering to buy Chinese after my meeting tonight so that is a meal saved for another day and a nice treat.
    MAY NSD's

• rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    scrummy gluten free Banana and Walnut loaf. ... /QUOTE]

its in the index :T omg I'm quick today! :D
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • katholicos
    katholicos Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    Not very precise GC calculations but i think i have spent about £25 so far this month, though perhaps less actually. Hope you are all doing alright, will start the enormous task of catching up with the thread now :)
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 11 March 2011 at 8:16PM
    Options
    Hippeechiq wrote: »
    I'd like to, but I really don't "get" that pay-back-double-the-difference/10% -thingamejig that MissAka is talking about. I'm sure she's explaining it well, but I can be such a dim old bint :o

i dont quite understand it either :o

sistercas Really hope your keep your job hun - fingers crossed

thankyou and to everyone else who has sent me good wishes , i really appreciate everyones support
    rosieben wrote: »
    scrummy gluten free Banana and Walnut loaf. ... /QUOTE]

its in the index :T omg I'm quick today! :D

lol you are doing a fab job :T :A
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just back from te$co i'm not gonna add my spends til my voucher comes in cause i'm gonna make it off and spend it next month (how long are they valid?) i did spend £8.50 in iceland tho on some nuggets and chicken burgers and chips for tea (chilli will go into the freezer) and some bacon for butties in the morning :) will add that tomorrow aswell when i know wat my acual total is

all i can see is i'm glad i don't buy branded foods too often that wasn't much food for £32 :( and i forgot the ham til i was threw the til lol
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Mrs_Money_Penny
    Options
    Hi All, Managed a small shop this afternoon of £20.18 for the week. Have a good weekend everyone.
    2024 Decluttering 3273 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Missus_Aka
    Missus_Aka Posts: 285 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    they are valid for 28 days please make sure you keep your receipt you need it to redeem your voucher i staple mine together
    SPC Member#1096 Target £150 Feb Count £82.18
    Aug Make£5P.DayChal £0/£155
    My August £100 Grocery Challenge £49.90/£100
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    will do thanks :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors