PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• mummyjane
    mummyjane Posts: 391 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spent £21.64 in A**a today, didn't plan on buying anything but ds is off school poorly and feeling very sorry for himself. I stocked up on his favourite yoghurts and stocked up on pizza mixes and yet more baking goodies. Kids off to grandparents tonight so I am going to catch up on my housework and get some batch baking/cooking done. I thought I might try doing a huge batch of twinks cookies and freezing the dough. (If I only make a few at a time I might not be tempted to eat them all :D). Also planning to cook and freeze some chilli and spag bol for during the week.

Veg box came today, not impressed as half the carrots were mouldy and squishy :eek: going to email them now and see what they say. Also had peppers and mushrooms which I'm going to chuck on a hm pizza for us tonight :p
    GC 2023 June £72/500 NSDs 1/10
  • lauzellen
    lauzellen Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    Went the corner shop for milk and sandwich stuff (was going to do big shop in supermarket but DD not feeling v well) and ended up spending £13.60 :eek: So i'm going to do my main shop online to a lower budget.
    Daughters Sealed Saving Pot - start them young :money: £90 :T
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    spent £33 today on

organic chicken £10 - I know, I caved in for a treat this weekend
    2 seabass for £2
    fruit 10 oranges 8 apples £2
    500g beef and 500g lamb for curries which should get 3 meals out of each
    1 pork chop
    bit of lunch after missed it earlier
    coleslaw to go with HM pizza for tea

Only need some milk, bananas, juice cartons and that should be it
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Hippeechiq
    Hippeechiq Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to, but I really don't "get" that pay-back-double-the-difference/10% -thingamejig that MissAka is talking about. I'm sure she's explaining it well, but I can be such a dim old bint :o

MRSMCAWBER Fabulous weight loss - that's a fantastic achievement! Well done you :T

sistercas Really hope your keep your job hun - fingers crossed

Well I'm mightily impressed with myself this week. Another NSD today, bringing by total to 7 - not in master Ramjets league :D, but all the same, I've only spent £2.54 so far this week. Sadly, that will all change tomorrow, but for now I'm going to bask quietly in my own glory :rotfl:
    Aug11 £193.29/£240

Oct10 £266.72 /£275 Nov10 £276.71/£275 Dec10 £311.33 / £275 Jan11 £242.25/ £250 Feb11 £243.14/ £250 Mar11 £221.99/ £230
    Apr11 £237.39 /£240 May11 £237.71/£240 Jun11 £244.03/ £240 July11 £244.89/ £240
    Xmas 2011 Fund £220
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lol thats cause it's really confusing, i had to rea dthe thread in food shopping about 4 times before i got it, and even then only got it because i saw what others had done

oh i have a few more lol
    cornflakes 500g £1.89 (£1)
    sprite tins X 6 £2.89 (£1.50)
    diet pepsi 2ltr £1.79 (£1)
    always untra normal 16's £1.99 (£1)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • scotsaver
    scotsaver Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    martafdz wrote: »
    scotsaver, your dish sounds lush! How do you make the HM chips? I used to fry them (and loved them!) but my DH does not like anything that has been fried pretty much. I mean, he would have it but then would say about how better and healthier they are in the oven... :( Do you make them in the oven? Anyone?

To make my Homemade chips I just wash the spuds, leave the skins on, chop into chip size and pop into the deep fryer.:o They are delicious and our only sin (I think). They taste lovely with the Skin on, especially if they are homegrown spuds - oh, I can't wait until later in the year when we have homegrown again.:p I have also done them in the oven, same method but lay on the tray, a little Olive Oil, season and sprinkle with Paprika to make spicy wedges/chips.;)
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    I managed to break through my 8st barrier this week -so 8st 1lb gone -just the last 4st7lb left to shed :j

Well done MrsMC - that's fantastic, enjoy the shopping for new clothes.:D
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• Missus_Aka
    Missus_Aka Posts: 285 Forumite
    edited 11 March 2011 at 5:24PM
    Options
    ok just to recap:
    te$co price promise:your shopping will be cheaper at mrt then mra or double the difference back (comparable items only)

as above my 2 tre$emme shampoos were £8.60 at mrT but only £4 at mr A so tesco can be a voucher for double the difference so £9.20 voucher more than what i spent

at the 10% one is @sdas price promise: we will be 10% cheaper than te$co or give you the difference back (comparable items only, must be 8 different comparable items in your basket)

when looking for comparable shopping it is easier when you look at branded products you just have to make sure they are the same weight amount etc, it is easy to do this if you go the te$co price Checker and go to check product
    SPC Member#1096 Target £150 Feb Count £82.18
    Aug Make£5P.DayChal £0/£155
    My August £100 Grocery Challenge £49.90/£100
  • quintwins
    Options
    also just wanted to add, you can only get £100 dtd per month per household from te$co and i think 4 reciets aswell

to get everything in my list i looked at the bogofs on the te$co site as it's well known they put them up before the offer, it was shocking how many were cheaper then i searched a few things i needed anyway
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Missus_Aka
    Missus_Aka Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    get around the 4 receipts/£100 thing by using by registering a clubcard to another address/ email address, i can use my mums clubcard/email address because she has loads of money and cant be bothered with these things, she gives me her clubcard vouchers anyway.
    SPC Member#1096 Target £150 Feb Count £82.18
    Aug Make£5P.DayChal £0/£155
    My August £100 Grocery Challenge £49.90/£100
  • quintwins
    Options
    ahh wouldn't it be lovely to have loads of money lol, i was gonna recommend my mum tries this so can't use hers not that i'll need any more than 4, is it only 4 vouchers or 4 shops, cause i already did 2 lol xxx
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family