* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Ok folks, I need your help.

I've ordered a set of 4 Christmas decs for DB, SIL and DNieces * 2. You can put little things in them, I'm not sure of exact size yet but I'm thinking lindor type size. Assuming there are any left from the box I'm working my way through, I'm going to put one each in the adult ones, but the youngest DN (3yrs) has a pecan and likely walnut allergy. Whilst she's prob ok with Lindor, they do say 'may contain nuts' so I don't want to risk it.
    What else, wrapped and of a similar size could I put in for both DN?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Ok folks, I need your help.

I've ordered a set of 4 Christmas decs for DB, SIL and DNieces * 2. You can put little things in them, I'm not sure of exact size yet but I'm thinking lindor type size. Assuming there are any left from the box I'm working my way through, I'm going to put one each in the adult ones, but the youngest DN (3yrs) has a pecan and likely walnut allergy. Whilst she's prob ok with Lindor, they do say 'may contain nuts' so I don't want to risk it.
    What else, wrapped and of a similar size could I put in for both DN?

Would a Kinder Egg fit in? Depending on their ages, they may also enjoy the little toy that the come with.

Equally, does it have to edible? I'm sure there are lots of small and affordable toys that would fit
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Would a Kinder Egg fit in? Depending on their ages, they may also enjoy the little toy that the come with.

Equally, does it have to edible? I'm sure there are lots of small and affordable toys that would fit

Each decoration is about 6cm x 4cm - the internal size is just a little larger than a Lindor but not much - so a Kinder egg wouldn't fit unfortunately. I'm not sure of any little toys that would fit, plus I just wanted to pop something in as a surprise, but I've already done main gifts so thought something like a Christmas choc would be enough.

I did wonder about Moam sweets when I had a look out today, could just pop a little block pack of those in each perhaps?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• savingmonkey
    Options
    Each decoration is about 6cm x 4cm - the internal size is just a little larger than a Lindor but not much - so a Kinder egg wouldn't fit unfortunately. I'm not sure of any little toys that would fit, plus I just wanted to pop something in as a surprise, but I've already done main gifts so thought something like a Christmas choc would be enough.

I did wonder about Moam sweets when I had a look out today, could just pop a little block pack of those in each perhaps?

Hi, my daughter has a nut allergy and I have got a pack of individually wrapped dairy fudge from Asda to go in our homemade crackers as these are good for adults as well as kids :) There is no nut warning on the pack and cost about £1. The other supermarkets would do similar but not sure if they would say may contain nuts. Otherwise the Moam sweets sound a good option.
  • junior_j
    junior_j Posts: 4,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Asda do very mini packs of nut free chocolate buttons? They're in a food aisle but not choc aisle. Pretty sure tesco do the same type of choc.
    Thanks for wishes for my uncle. They stopped the chemo & now have him on another form of treatment. For some bizarre reason, the hospital doesn't provide it directly (in Ireland), cousin had to go into local chemist to order it, which then had to be shipped from UK, and he had to take to the hospital, no, I don't understand the logic either. Anyway, as cousin had to order it, he decided to look up cost, we should never underestimate the costs involved in treating our loved ones and should definitely crack down on the wastage, not just in bureaucracy, but those "patients" who waste resources. The six week course is costing almost £70,000, ok, there will be special prices for health services, but it is indicative of the costs the health services are prepared to pay to do all they can to treat our loved ones and yet you get drunken idiots who not only injure themselves because of their own stupidity but are abusive to the front line services, they should be charged for the treatment! Rant over :)

All done now, just as well, as barely at home before I travel to Ireland for Christmas.

Hope you are calmly stressed!

It's sad to hear all of the faff that comes with medicines and that the cost of life literally comes with a price tag. Lots of well wishes for your uncle.

I spent hours in resus on Friday night , they wanted to keep me in but had said the on call neuro surgeons refused to review me. I was an emotional wreck and as it was Southampton hospital and not Portsmouth where I'm from , I had no one with me. Suffering on at home and hoping for the best.

Just put the tree up., me and mum are going to decorate it later and hopefully watch a Christmas film.

Will do a longer post later. Love & festive wishes for all.
    NanMias - cyber granddaughter!
  • willbennett123
    willbennett123 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 December 2019 at 8:17PM
    Options
    Hi All,
    Attached is the Latest Recommended Posting Dates for Christmas Delivery 2019.
    http://https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalmail.com/files/2019-08/consumer-latest-recommended-posting-dates-2019-v1_0.pdf
  • Beshki
    Beshki Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trying to make a ‘coffee lovers gift’ for a tenner. Have bought a mug, some amaretti biscuits & a bag of coffee beans. Just needs something else or a couple more bits to bulk it out, but are cheap.
    Does anyone have any ideas please? Thank you :)
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Make some coffee truffles or coffee fudge? There are lots of recipes online. Or if you’re not a cook, maybe buy a tub of Roses (they’re on offer in lots of places for £4 or even less) and take all the coffee creams out to add to the mug?
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Brilliant idea about taking the coffee creams out CJ. You could get some festive coffee flavouring if they like that sort of thing BESHKI - they have some at really good prices in B&M.

Sorry to hear you’ve been poorly again JJ, I hope things get sorted for you to enjoy Christmas.

I was just reading a comment on a post from JOYFULLYFESTIVE on Instagram about maybe not doing a big Christmas dinner on the day and I’m seriously thinking of ringing the changes next year and having brunch about 11:00 on Christmas morning for those that stay here (me, DH, DD2, DGD and DGS3) and then a festive buffet in the afternoon for everyone we spend the rest of the day with. I quite like the idea of a laid back day although I do t know how everyone else will feel. Maybe after they’ve tasted my offerings at dinner this year they’ll be all for a change next time :rotfl:.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 9 December 2019 at 8:34AM
    Options
    The coffee creams is a good idea but I am not sure Roses have had coffee creams in for a few years now.

Lots of syrups/coffee flavourings in various stores at this time of year so maybe that is an option.

Also if flavoured coffee is an option then Beanies have a variety of christmas flavour jars at £2.50 or they do little sachets of flavoured coffee too I think.

Maybe a coaster to go with the mug?

Dunelm had the coffee stencils in the other day when I was in store. Know they are more for cappucinos etc but just another idea that came to me.

A coffee measuring scoop/spoon. I have seen some before that act as a bag seal clip too but i'm not much of a coffee lover so sorry no idea where
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport