Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    I think a day in bed may be just what you need calley. Be kind to yourself xx.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    I think a day in bed may be just what you need calley. Be kind to yourself xx.

Tea,

I have to many duvet days as it. And I need to be somewhere by 12. So need to go and get ready and have a shower.

But thank you.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Glad you're feeling a bit brighter today lambyr. We're always here whenever you need a good old vent (clearly I make good use of this service :D)

Also, don't be at all embarrassed about any medical issues - have you seen the sort of should-be-TMI stuff some of us come out with on here? :rotfl:.

Don't apologise for being ill and feeling bad! Just because other people in the world have their own issues, it doesn't mean you're not allowed to complain once in a while. It must be really hard caring for your mum - perfectly understandable that when you're tired and ill you just need a good old moan. Seriously, I'd be doing it all the time :o.

It is a tad embarrassing when I spend a shocking amount of time making trombone-like noises from my bottom! :o:rotfl: I'm pretty lucky that E has a sense of humour about it all.

On the carer front, I forgot to mention, I was asked to write a blog post for a carer's support service based in West Sussex (I'm not based in West Sussex or anywhere close) a few weeks ago. :)

Calley - I don't know how much this will help but I've never really thought too highly of myself either. I have a self-deprecating sense of humour, which really just serves to mask my own insecurities. I think we all have a habit of identifying what we perceive to be our worst traits and amplifying them.

I suppose I haven't been hurt very often. The way my life has gone has provided few opportunities for relationships so no real chance of being hurt in that way. I did, however, manage to date some right numptygoggles when I was younger.

For the longest time, I went through life thinking relationships were something for other people. Not me. I'd see friends and family getting married, having kids, being all sickenly happy and here I was... alone. It's different in my case, I know. But I could reel off a list of things that I dislike about myself, things that make me inherently unloveable in my eyes... but I think the difference is what we see about ourselves is not what other people see. When you're low on self-esteem it's baffling that someone can take an interest, but someone did take an interest in you, and no doubt many other people will. For whatever negatives you perceive within yourself, you're still the charming, sweet, caring, considerate woman who comes on here near-daily and shares support and advice to others. No one, not even yourself, can take that away from you - and there will be people out there who are desperately seeking someone with those qualities.

I know it might not seem like it now, and it might seem like an endless wade through the toads to find your prince (sorry for the yucky cliche) but don't give up, and don't punish yourself for something that isn't your fault. Life's a series of moments and each one does not have to inform the next if you don't want it to.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling a bit better Lambyr, pain's never good but at least you've got it down to a tolerable level.
    I know you said that there are things which could explain why your mum was as she was last night but I think it's fair enough to be a bit annoyed by it and it's probably worth mentioning to her, when she's having a good moment, how it made you feel.

Numptygoggle is now quite possibly my new favourite word - certainly my favourite which is clean enough to be posted here.

Calley - I hope that whatever you've got to do at 12 goes well. If it's not going to take too long then give yourself some time this afternoon to relax and hopefully things will seem a bit more positive when you're not dealing with being overly tired too.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Lambyr wrote: »
    Calley - I don't know how much this will help but I've never really thought too highly of myself either. I have a self-deprecating sense of humour, which really just serves to mask my own insecurities. I think we all have a habit of identifying what we perceive to be our worst traits and amplifying them.
    This also completely true of me, I do all those things.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why do people bring children into work?
    An hour of a sugared-up three year old running around the place is not conducive to concentrating and getting things done...
  • tea_lover
    Options
    Iz, I got an email last week from someone asking me if it was ok to take their dog to site for the day! We're talking construction site, heavy machinery, long hours..... the mind boggles.
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh dear, Izadora... kids in work! Yikes. Unless you work at Willy Wonka's factory, or the development department of Toys R Us, that kid is probably going to be as bored as the children in the clinic last night... and we know how that ends!

Gave in about an hour ago and had to take some co-codamol again because the pain was starting to crank up, and just had something to eat and popped an ibuprofen (so much for my plan to only take that at night). Still if it's inflammation of the ear canal, an anti-inflammatory makes sense, right? That's how I'm going to reason that one away. And that's basically 12 hours between painkillers so if I'll be pleased if I can keep that up.

Managed to do my work for E's dad for the day. There's not a lot to this job right now so I was able to power through it! (Insert muscle-flexing smiley here!). Unblocked the toilet as well.

Am supposed to be resting and now would be a good time to do that as everything is quiet, but kinda at a loss for what to do.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • tea_lover
    Options
    Watch the Olympics lambyr! It's generally getting started by this time of day (4hrs behind). Last night of the cycling tonight - am really going to miss it!
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    The cycling can get really exciting. I was bouncing up and down on the edge of my seat for the two team pursuit finals :D
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback