Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wish I could get more excited about the Olympics. I enjoy gymnastics but not a lot else and IzHe loves pretty much all of it, especially the cycling. The other day when it was GB v Australia I was trying sooooo hard to join in with even a little bit of his excitement and I really don't think I could've cared much less.

Lambyr - 12 hours between painkillers is great. It's not that often that I'm in pain but when I am I tend to be counting down the minutes until I can take more after about 3 hours.

Is there any telly you need to catch up on or a book you've been meaning to read? I generally find they're the best things for me if I need to rest.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Izadora wrote: »
    I wish I could get more excited about the Olympics.

I'm obsessed :rotfl:. I really enjoy the sports I like anyway (track cycling, gymnastics, athletics, diving) but I also love getting engrossed in something I've maybe not seen much of before... like kayaking or fencing.

I've been screaming at the TV at all sorts of things this week that I never knew I could get excited about :D. I was watching trampolining in the pub the other night.
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to admit, the Olympics aren't really my thing. I like the ice hockey during the Winter Olympics but obviously that's not really relevant to the Rio ones... :rotfl:

I did just watch some women running around a track for a bit though, interspersed with some men doing a hop skip and a jump! :D

Mum seems to be enjoying it though so I've left it on.

I think I'm too tired to focus on reading a book at the mo. Might go and play with my city cos I can do that without putting the headphones on and making my ear ache :)

The other night I was counting down the minutes until I could have the next painkiller... along with "What do you mean two more hours?!" being sobbed into my pillow. :rotfl: I think the extra strength of the co-codamol is a boon here! :)
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • tea_lover
    Options
    Without meaning to sound at all patronising (honestly, am really sorry if it comes across that way!) be careful with the co-codamol. It is shockingly addictive, in a really short space of time.

I was prescribed a small amount over 10 years ago and have been taking stupid amounts of it daily ever since. Have tried to stop many times but just can't. I live in fear of the day my repeat prescription is refused.

I'm sure you are far more sensible than me (most people are :D), just take care x.
  • Izadora
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    be careful with the co-codamol. It is shockingly addictive, in a really short space of time.

Which is why I was a little surprised when my doctor gave me a prescription for just over 200 tablets in one go!!
    It was after an operation, I'd asked for a repeat prescription of 30 tablets and he gave me a prescription for 28 days at the maximum dosage you're allowed!!
  • tea_lover
    Options
    200!! It's so wrong that I'm jealous of that. I have a repeat prescription for 100 of the 30/500 tablets - I can just about eke that out to every 3-4 weeks by taking the 8/500 OTC ones too. But then that just means even more paracetamol so I'm sure it's not any better.

It does amaze me (not in a good way!) that I put the repeat request in at least once a month and it's never questioned. I've been doing that for the last 10 years.
  • Izadora
    Options
    200!! It's so wrong that I'm jealous of that.

Erm, a little bit, yes!! :rotfl:

You'd probably want to hurt me if I told you how many of them I ended up getting rid of when they ended up out of date...

I only used to take about 3 or 4 a month as I found they were really good for dealing with period pains.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Without meaning to sound at all patronising (honestly, am really sorry if it comes across that way!) be careful with the co-codamol. It is shockingly addictive, in a really short space of time.

I was prescribed a small amount over 10 years ago and have been taking stupid amounts of it daily ever since. Have tried to stop many times but just can't. I live in fear of the day my repeat prescription is refused.

I'm sure you are far more sensible than me (most people are :D), just take care x.

Oh Tea, Thats not very good.

I have it as I have a bad back. And when I was height of my depression I was also prescribed a box of a hundred.

I know they can be addictive but I personally have never found that. Even when I take the max dosage for a couple of days. Some times I don't even think they help the pain at all.

Husband has it for his hip pain he gets because he hitches his knee on this affected side.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • tea_lover
    Options
    Yep, the first ones I had were for endo pain (think period pain x1000) and they did help a bit. To be honest they don't even take the edge off the endo pain anymore but they do ease the crushing rebound headaches for an hour or so.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Tea I am concerned about your cocodamol levels. Ironically taking them regularly can cause headaches. X
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure