Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 12th May 09, 12:02 PM
    • 1,236Posts
    • 3,568Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    Survey Stashing: GlobalTestMarket hints & tips
    • 12th May 09, 12:02 PM
    Survey Stashing: GlobalTestMarket hints & tips 12th May 09 at 12:02 PM
    What’s this about? Willing to give your view on the Labour Party, answer questions about your sex life, or test out the latest moisturiser? If so, it’s possible to earn 100s a year, without any special skill or talent. It’s all about stashing cash from filling in online surveys or taking part in focus groups.

The first point of call is read the full Survey Stashing guide.
    Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

GlobalTestMarket

If you want to discuss survey sites in general please go to the Survey Stashing Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related Survey Site Discussions
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 12-05-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Page 2
  • frostyglow
    I have been a member for about three weeks and get near daily surveys, all of which take 2-3 minutes before telling me I don't meet the profile. It is quite frustrating and I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Originally posted by janey_uk

I've been signed up a few weeks now with exactly the same problem!! I'm still filling out the surveys as they only take a few minutes, but I haven't yet got one which I've completed! On 55 points that 1000 point goal looks miles (and years) away.
    • Fire Fox
    • By Fire Fox 9th Jun 09, 2:39 PM
    • 24,851 Posts
    • 28,907 Thanks
    Fire Fox
    It says you can refer a friend on the GTM site, but I can't find any information about whether there is a points bonus for doing this nor how to refer! Does anyone know?

Stick with trying to complete the surveys even if you never qualify. I joined in January and have only ever qualified for three, yet I have just calculated I have reach $19!
    Last edited by Fire Fox; 09-06-2009 at 2:42 PM.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️ Trainee Rosie the Riveter.
  • missminnie
    I'm waiting on a cheque from them and just wondering how long its going to take? I realise it's coming from the US so will probably take a bit of time, but a rough idea would be good.
  • Luksi
    Can take up to 6 weeks, but from experience I'd say 2-4 weeks the most.
    They tend to post them in a batch, so even though you requested it on, lets say, 5th of August they might send them out on the 13th or so.
    Check their blog for information:
    hxxp://blog.globaltestmarket.com/
    • lilbooboo
    • By lilbooboo 15th Aug 09, 7:39 PM
    • 393 Posts
    • 1,021 Thanks
    lilbooboo
    definitely my favourite, have received cheques twice from them now, both amounts between 30- 40. They do take a few weeks to arrive but definitely worth it. I also like them because you still get points when you don't qualify, so you're always getting something towards your 1000 points total!
    • SusanSpain
    • By SusanSpain 21st Aug 09, 2:00 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    SusanSpain
    Hayley11 - I was refused to as 'not to our standard'
    I was honest about all details, including income..
    I then received an authorization code to my email, but when I tried to activate it it would not work, so I wrote to their helpdesk, who replied immediately - but informed me I would not be allowed to join due to 'standards'.

Seems a mixed bag of success, so possibly no great loss...
    (NB - see my post on Lightspeed - I was refused to join their list too!).
  • DeejayJonny
    i have tried to register with global test market, but when i fill in my details and address it still asks for state or province, but only gives options for american states. Has anybody else had this problem?
    • libra10
    • By libra10 6th Sep 09, 7:01 AM
    • 11,778 Posts
    • 270,964 Thanks
    libra10
    If you go here

http://www.globaltestmarket.com/join.php

and select English for country, it seems to let you type in county rather than pre-set details.

HTH
  • DeejayJonny
    thanks, got that sorted. hopefully i can make some money now
  • mary86
    Hi Eager Learner

Thank you for the latest Daily Clicking Guide. No probs opening the attachments.

I already belong to some of the sites you mention but will join the others through your recommendation links, it's the least I can do for someone as generous as you.

Do you really fill in sign up forms and requests for insurance every day?

Thank you again, Mary
  • MacsReturns
    I signed up with GTM, and the first survey came in a couple of days -- I completed it okay, but no points arrived in my account. Anyone else have similar problems?
  • full-time-mum
    I've been with Global for about 4 years now and received a few payouts. Whilst yes, I do get alot of 'don't meet profile' you are awarded with 5 points for it. 1 point = $0.05, which all adds up for when you do get to do a survey.
    Also worth mentioning, both myself and my partner recently got to test products through Global. Partner got to keep hers, I had to send back but got a 3 Boots voucher as well as 100+ points for taking part.
    Originally posted by mcweasel05
    Last few surveys that I haven't qualified for have given me sweepstake entries rather than points. Anyone else got this? Won't stop me doing the surveys but is a big disappointment if this is the new system as those 5 points soon added up.

How do you get involved with testing products with them?
  • Lethal
    Depends on the survey type, i just done 3 survey for them today, 2 of which i qualified, the 1 i didn't qualify gave me 5 points. I think its just that survey that done it for you.
    MSE allowed me to see the light
    • lilbooboo
    • By lilbooboo 11th Sep 09, 7:13 PM
    • 393 Posts
    • 1,021 Thanks
    lilbooboo
    full time mum.......i've noticed that as well, in the last week there seems to be more 'sweepstake entry' surveys creeping in and felt a little disappointed for the same reasons as yourself, though i had one survey today which was '5-15 points' so there's hope...i don't know how to test products for them either, i've been with them over 18 months and only had surveys, on a very regular basis, but no products to test ever...
    2018: moisturiser cream
    2019: Tomato seeds
  • Lethal
    point surveys still exist. I also was disappointed 2 weeks ago when i got only 3 sweep stake surveys, but yesterday i received 2x 5-35 and 1x 5-40 and this morning 1x 5-50 and the only 1 i didn't qualify for gave me the 5 points. So the sweepstake surveys also come up but the point surveys are still around
    MSE allowed me to see the light
  • AliceMegan93
    Just cashed out with these and started doing them in March so a good few month but definately worth it if you have the time
    Wins 2009: 57 totalling 3083
    November - Peroni Bottle Opener, Jonas Brothers DVD, Loreal Glam Shine Lip Gloss, Richard Hammond Blast Labs, St Helier T Shirts, McCain Chips
  • MacsReturns
    Whooo - came home tonight to find two surveys waiting for me, one of which was a 75 pointer

I think I've sorted my earlier problem of points not registering, in that I've done all my recent ones using Internet Explorer instead of Firefox (I've always said you'd have to pay me to use IE ) and that has worked fine. So I did bag the 75 points this time
  • Bananasplit
    I'm 15 points off payout and the last 8 surveys have always said I am not target for this. It's getting quite frustrating now!
    • lilbooboo
    • By lilbooboo 21st Oct 09, 12:39 PM
    • 393 Posts
    • 1,021 Thanks
    lilbooboo
    i agree, at one time, you would only have needed to do a maximum of 3 surveys to get those 15 points even if you didnt qualify as you were always guaranteed 5points but now if you dont qualify it's often a 'sweepstakes' outcome...seems everything is changing...
    2018: moisturiser cream
    2019: Tomato seeds
    • libra10
    • By libra10 21st Oct 09, 3:53 PM
    • 11,778 Posts
    • 270,964 Thanks
    libra10
    GTM used to be one of my favourite survey companies, but these days I'm not eligible for most surveys, and I'm sure they have reduced their rewards. You only seem to be offered around 30 or 40 points a survey these days.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,799Posts Today

7,568Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Gumtree: @MartinSLewis Hi Martin, we do not tolerate unscrupulous advertising by third parties on the Gumtree platform and are working?

• Today's Twitter Poll: How do you view nuclear power? Is it an environmentally friendly form of clean renewable ene? https://t.co/WE5pRJ1Jsx

• So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Follow Martin