IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

TnC Parking Charge Notice

Options
Lewigreening7
Lewigreening7 Posts: 5 Forumite
Hi there, I received a ticket on my windscreen in a private car park after being approximately 20 mins or so over my displayed ticket on the day. I was issued with a £100 fine just for this which I found to be excessive (putting it lightly). Decided to just not pay it as I know they're not a council or police issued ticket (which I will always pay when in the wrong). I have now received this letter (attached image) from what I believe to be a debt collecting company. I was only a short time over so feel very reluctant to pay that large amount however I don't want anybody turning up at my parents door demanding huge sums of money (says there will be added extra fees if I don't pay up in 28 days!?).

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated.

TY

hxxp://tinypic.com/r/2dudsa8/9

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    correct TNC are a nasty greedy debt collector , cant see your link , who was the parking Co?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't see that link but if it's a debt collector letter, no thanks, unimportant. End of discussion.

I said this to someone this afternoon, as we do almost every day:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74284697#post74284697

You need to read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread. Please no asking where it is, look at the words below that tell you where it is, 2 clicks back. NOT on a phone!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lewigreening7
    Options
    A local one, RCPP they're called, in the city where it was issued (Norwich).

Sorry I'm being !!!!!! how do I upload an image to the thread that I've saved on my desktop !?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    We don't want to see a debt collector letter ever again. Honestly.

That is not what this forum is about and there is nothing new to add to the sticky thread. :)
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you cannot post a link to your own pc NOR can you upload pics to this forum either

use tinypic to host any pics and add a dead URL link to them , changing http to hxxp

read post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread about debt collector letters

in future , follow post #1 of that NEWBIES thread to appeal these tickets, because that £100 charge has been around for over 6 years and if a court decides you must pay it, then you must

the PPC has 6 years to try a court claim (an MCOL , google it)

and its not a "fine" , its an INVOICE
  • Lewigreening7
    Options
    So they're all generic? And can be ignored? Thanks I just really don't want my mum to end up on Ch5 :rotfl:
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Please read NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST.

We have no time to waste on debt collector pointless threads (sorry, just boring).
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Lewis. Welcome.

You would be wise to change your forum username to something more anonymous.

The MSE Forum Guide explains how to do that:
    Q. How can I change my username?

A.
    In most circumstances, this is not permitted.

The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk. This usually means you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something that gives away your identity within your username.

If you fall into this category, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com and request that it is changed, giving three alternative usernames in order of preference.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So they're all generic? And can be ignored? Thanks I just really don't want my mum to end up on Ch5 :rotfl:

did you miss the fact that those sheriffs all have court orders clipped to their clipboards ?

in fact , they have HIGH COURT WRITS because its already been to their county court and a CCJ issued, plus its a debt over £600 which means its been escalated to the HIGH COURT for enforcement

if the vehicle is in your mums name, then she better ensure that if it went to court she fights it at the time, to avoid a CCJ and therefore avoid being on telly , if its in your name , then the same applies to YOU
  • Lewigreening7
    Options
    No the car is in my name. But the car is registered to my mum & dad's address because I am away at Uni.

Why are you advising me to fight it now and respond when all other correspondence seems to be to completely ignore these bogus letters?

Am I really liable for a £100 fine for being less than 20 minutes over my displayed ticket? Confused :/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure