IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

TnC Parking Charge Notice

Options

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No the car is in my name. But the car is registered to my mum & dad's address because I am away at Uni.

Why are you advising me to fight it now and respond when all other correspondence seems to be to completely ignore these bogus letters?

Am I really liable for a £100 fine for being less than 20 minutes over my displayed ticket? Confused :/

what , like a library book late

NO !!!

in the case of a parking co , they cannot FINE you , they can send an invoice for breaking there terms and conditions , if you fail to pay it , they can take you to the county court

have you seen how often this lot do court? http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/RCP_Parking.html
  • Lewigreening7
    Options
    Ok that's really helpful thank-you. I just found the original ticket and I was charged for:

Parked after the expiry of paid time.

Expiry time: 15:49
    Issue Time: 16:04

Amount due : £100.

So I was 15 minutes over! lol

Is it worth appealing and offering a settlement for the short period I was parked over? Like £5 or something. Or just completely ignore all engagement until they leave me alone?

Thankyou
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    No, otherwise we would have told you to appeal

IGNORE debt colelctors. End of. IGNORE THEM.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 May 2018 at 1:27PM
    Options
    I suggest you edit your posts , edit all of your posts and remove any hint of who did what

what happened on the day happened to the DRIVER

what happened SINCE that day happened to the KEEPER

the words "ME , MYSELF & I" do not exist in this topic, so dont use them unless the driver has been outed to the PPC or the debt collectors

keep the paid for ticket and all paperwork in a folder

its not worth offering anything at this stage, that tells them they have a frightened fish on the hook and to push for more, like OLIVER

they wont leave anyone alone until 6 years have elapsed

the trick here is to keep all paperwork, IGNORE the debt collectors and come back if you get a formal LBC or an MCOL in the post , within 6 years
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 15 May 2018 at 1:29PM
    Options
    I did liven up your link to tinypic but it shows your name, so I took it down again. That picture needs redacting.

hxxp://tinypic.com/r/2dudsa8/9
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,897 Forumite
    Options
    Lewis, why have you totally ignored post #9?

It is in your own interest to use the advice you are given.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it worth appealing and offering a settlement for the short period I was parked over? Like £5 or something.
    No, remember we've seen debt collector letters chains and laughed at them for a decade.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Clairesuth
    Options
    Help please!!

I received a parking charge from TNC back in December on my windscreen, as it wasn't a council parking charge I did not pay it and ignored it. I got a letter back in May to say the charge of £100 was now to pay as I had not paid the initial charge. I ignored this again as I wasn't sure it was a genuine company. I've recently received an additional letter on 23rd June that says:

Now charging me £160!! (£60 admin charge)

Outstanding parking charge notice,

Despite our letter of, your PCN has still not been paid nor have you advised us that you were not the keeper or the driver of the vehicle on the date stated. However the time to appeal has now passed....
    Failure to act today will result in the immediate referral of the matter to our litigation department.
    Etc etc.

I contacted nottingham council parking services to ask their advice. They weren't sure it sounded genuine and said to contact the company directly - I called them up and they said I would need to pay it.

What do I do? I know it's too late to appeal now so am I just going to have to pay up the charge??

Help and advice appreciated!
    Claire

I called nottingham council parking services and they were astounded
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You don't get help by posting in someone's thread like this

Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

So go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this

Then if you have any questions not covered by the faq start your own thread

Please delete your post above
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Options
    Clairesuth wrote: »
    Help please!!

I received a parking charge from TNC back in December on my windscreen, as it wasn't a council parking charge I did not pay it and ignored it. I got a letter back in May to say the charge of £100 was now to pay as I had not paid the initial charge. I ignored this again as I wasn't sure it was a genuine company. I've recently received an additional letter on 23rd June that says:

Now charging me £160!! (£60 admin charge)

Outstanding parking charge notice,

Despite our letter of, your PCN has still not been paid nor have you advised us that you were not the keeper or the driver of the vehicle on the date stated. However the time to appeal has now passed....
    Failure to act today will result in the immediate referral of the matter to our litigation department.
    Etc etc.

I contacted nottingham council parking services to ask their advice. They weren't sure it sounded genuine and said to contact the company directly - I called them up and they said I would need to pay it.

What do I do? I know it's too late to appeal now so am I just going to have to pay up the charge??

Help and advice appreciated!
    Claire

I called nottingham council parking services and they were astounded

I give in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business