47kg Propane Calor Gas Prices - What are you paying?

Options

Comments

• skitler
    skitler Posts: 3,065 Forumite
    Options
    im sure it was £65 last time (may) but ill check and get back.

south part of the north west
  • CHRISBY
    Options
    So , I just have been searching in Oxfordshire, We were paying £60 per 47KG bottle delivered and fitted if required.
    Calor GAs themselves have just quoted me £55 per bottle inc delivery and fitting. Just ordered 9!

Anyone looked into the Bulk tanks as an alternative? We have plenty of space and use around 5/6 47KG bottles per month over the winter......................... TY
  • solar_power
    Options
    Back in early October we needed a 47kg bottle and found out our previous supplier (Countrywide) had stopped delivering to Wales, and they referred us to Calor.
    Having seen on here a mention of a firm selling 47kg bottles on ebay, we gave them a go. Alfresco-gas-direct £58.99 delivered,
    came in a few days no problems.
  • frugalstephen
    Options
    Just bought a cylinder for the first time in ages. Well, pleased to report that the prices in Northern Ireland have at last plummeted. One single 47Kg bottle cost me only £87 delivered!! :rotfl:
  • previous supplier £57.50,new supplier £45 del and connected and price fixed till 31/3/14
    chesterfield area
    eta sorry forgot id posted this -)
  • goldjohn
    Options
    I also use GR Grimes, priced at £54.5 delivered last order. Thoroughly recommend this outlet for reliable pricing
  • john_dougherty
    Options
    Just been quoted over £98 for a 47kg in Newtonmore Scotland is this the most expensive gas?
  • RickMoney
    RickMoney Posts: 157 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Paid £68 for a bottle delivered in the Warrington Area last week.

If you buy from someone new, what happens with the empty bottle - do you return it to the old supplier?
  • frugalstephen
    Options
    Yes, most suppliers will just lift the 'old' bottle no matter who supplied it. If it's a fresh 'new' delivery with nothing to collect, you normally have to pay an additional deposit for the bottle.
  • RickMoney
    RickMoney Posts: 157 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, most suppliers will just lift the 'old' bottle no matter who supplied it. If it's a fresh 'new' delivery with nothing to collect, you normally have to pay an additional deposit for the bottle.

Thanks for that, don't recall an additional charge on the first bottle but good to know if I shop around.

Now to find the best deal coming into the cold months....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure