Options

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    hightara wrote: »
    DoaM which section should I try?

It seems to me that Section 20 (15) may be relevant.
  • hightara
    hightara Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you DoaM
    Lenovo/Motorola really make you jump though hoops harz99.
  • newatc
    newatc Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is probably too late and not relevant to this particular situation but I was having problems with wifi dropping.
    But the situation on my phone seems to have been resolved by changing the wifi setting "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to Always.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    newatc wrote: »
    This is probably too late and not relevant to this particular situation but I was having problems with wifi dropping.
    But the situation on my phone seems to have been resolved by changing the wifi setting "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to Always.

Thanks, but makes no difference to mine.
  • hightara
    Options
    newatc thank you, but harz99 and I have done I imagine everything suggested,

I got this

Thank you for contacting Moto & Lenovo customer support.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the provided timeframe for a refund. Unfortunately your purchase was completed with PayPal, which does not allow refunds after 60 days from the date of purchase. Hence your refund has to be issued by a different department, located in the US. This type of refund has a standard timeframe of 6-7 weeks for processing, as you have previously been advised.

I have forwarded the case to the relevant department in order to find out whether this timeframe could be shortened. Their answer is the following:

"Once the echeck is created (should be done today), we can request an expedite. However, for out of country check refunds they typically take the full 6 weeks."

This means that we will do the utmost in order to try and shorten this timeframe, however we can make no promises on the outcome and you should expect at least 6 weeks for the refund to be processed. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

For any further assistance or information please do not hesitate to contact us, quoting your Customer Reference number. We are reachable on 03339 997 550 to discuss the matter further with one of our experienced customer service agents. Please contact us any time between the hours of 8am and 6pm from Monday to Friday.

Yours sincerely,
    Giulio
    Moto & Lenovo Customer Service Centre
    https://www.motorola.co.uk
    https://www.lenovo.co.uk
    Question Reference # 180131-025519
    Date Created: 31/01/2018 10.10 AM
    Date Last Updated: 31/01/2018 10.10 AM
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hightara wrote: »
    So https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/resolver did not work in my case, Martin Lewis...could you check who will actually help me and harz99

Nobody other than you is going to help you (and certainly not ML). If Resolver hasn't worked then realistically all you are left with is a Letter Before Action followed by a Small Claim, if you think you have a strong enough case to win at court.
  • hightara
    Options
    thank you agrinnall, only another couple of weeks for the refund.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    So, I decided to see what escalating via Resolver brings, apart from learning of the 21 days they then require you to wait before a final escalation - not a lot so far.

No contact or response to my escalation whatsoever.

Am now taking another tack to see where that leads while the clock ticks on to enable the final Resolver escalation date.
  • hightara
    edited 11 February 2018 at 8:58PM
    Options
    harz99.
    thank you and to Doam agrinnall newatc for your help
    I still have not got a refund.... I did send this..please correct me if I am wrong.

Marcus Frost, Chief Executive Officer
    Motorola Mobility UK Ltd
    Redwood, Crockford Lane
    Chineham Business Park,
    Basingstoke, RG24 8WQ

Dear Mr Frost

Reference: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Consumer Rights Act 2015

I am writing with regards the MOTO Phone XT1805 GB 3+32G GR DS
    I purchased from you on 05 NOV 2017 for £ 223.10 which is not as described, of satisfactory quality nor fit for the purpose due to the following problems:
    Wi-Fi persistently dropping. Further details to support my complaint are enclosed.
    The Consumer Rights Act 2015 states that goods should be as described, of a satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose. As the Mobile phone is not, you are therefore in breach of contract and I would like to reject the goods and request that you issue me with a full refund immediately.
    You have already had one chance of repair, which did not work. I was told my refund would be forth-coming.

I look forward to a full response to my letter within 7 days or I shall seek legal advice in order to take the matter further.

I will of course be sending this via post. For legal reasons.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxx xxxxxx

really appreciate it DoaM if you could help harz99 and I
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Did you buy direct from Motorola? That letter needs to be sent to whomsoever you purchased from.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure