'What’s the ultimate luxury possession?' poll discussion

Options

Comments

• giovanni
    giovanni Posts: 415 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For the purposes of the poll - a private plane - would be cool (if that includes a pilot in the price). Realistically, I'd keep the cash and bank it and go on holiday with the interest gained.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My idea of pure luxury would be to hire my favourite artists to perform for me on a tropical island, while being fed sushi by gorgeous men in trunks. Where's the option for that, eh?

We tried for you - managed to source everything but the sushi - so didnt put it in.... sorry! :(
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 June 2009 at 7:20PM
    Options
    I'd choose the supercar... as long as I also had somewhere I could go reaaaaaaaally fast :D :j

MSE_Martin wrote: »
    We tried for you - managed to source everything but the sushi - so didnt put it in.... sorry! :(
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Being a tropical island, one of the men could show his prowess, and go fishing.
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    Options
    None of the options appeal to me in the slightest

.A. A Supercar. driving is an evil necessity and given the amount of traffic lights and speed cameras about you might as well have a Fiat Uno.
    B. Holiday Apartment. I don't want the hassle of maintain a home thousands of miles away. I also don't want to holiday in the same place
    C. A Helicopter. I'm scared of heights.
    D. Serious Bling. Fake is safer to wear and looks as good. Also OH used to be goldsmith so I'm a bit blase about bling.
    E. A Yacht. Don't like sailing.
    F. Chalet in the Alps. too cold and same reasons as holiday apartment
    G. Private Plane. What's the point if I don't have a holiday home to go to?.
    H. Total Plastic Surgery Makeover. I'm still getting old and it won't change my personality.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • maryotuam
    maryotuam Posts: 506 Forumite
    Options
    None of the above have any relevance if you don't have good health or people who love you:confused:
    It's great to be ALIVE!
  • I'm_With_Stupid
    I'm_With_Stupid Posts: 6,448 Forumite
    Options
    I like skiing, and it's one holiday where you wouldn't get bored going every year, so probably that. The others are the sorts of things that would look a bit stupid without the associated riches.

I'd have a fast car if I could have a track to go with it, but I wouldn't want one just to pose in.

I reckon a swimming pool would be something I'd actually want if I could pick any luxury, because it's something I'd use every day. I love swimming, but hate having to spend all of your time dodging other people.
  • Mozette
    Mozette Posts: 2,247 Forumite
    Options
    Really wouldn't want any of those, but I went for the gold. Says nothing about not being able to pawn it.

Given the choice I'd have Eric Cantona
  • eileenfromplaistow
    Options
    Don't rate any of them. Would rather have a nice cottage in a beautiful part of the UK (Lake District, Cornwall...) or even a barge on a canal, and then let all the relatives have the use of it.
    (Thought the Swiss Chalet would be nice, but we almost all have dodgy joints now!)
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We're such a grateful lot :rotfl:

A free prize worth £500k and no one wants it :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income