A success story.. *almost*

Options

Comments

• Pricefamily4
    Options
    Hey brag all you want you have obviously earned I am debt free apart from a new huge mortgage but I had about £8k when I was 18 that I learned the hard way (with some tough parenting) to pay off, stupid credit card companies sending out free money to someone when they have just turned 18!!! anyway maybe your bottle of bubbly could come from u-switch for changing your gas/electricity and prove your true MSE credentials!! lol

Well done and if you keep it up you can turn the money you paid off into savings or over payments on the mortgage!!
  • Pinklepurr
    Options
    Congratulations! a really inspirational story. It just goes to show you that if you really want to achieve something you can really do it. Well done.
  • Storm
    Storm Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wonderful post, methinks you're going to have a VERY Happy New Year!

It's great to read the posts about people coming out the other side, especially for those like me that are just starting out. £35K in 2 years if amazing!
    Total Debt 13th Sept 2006 (exc student loan): £6240.06 :eek:
    O/D 1 [strike]£1250 [/strike]O/D 2 [strike]£100[/strike] Next a/c [strike]£313.55[/strike]@ 26.49% Mum [strike]£130[/strike] HSBC [strike]£4446.51[/strike]@15.75%[STRIKE]M&S £580.15@ 4.9%[/STRIKE]
    Total Debt 30th April 2008: £0 100% paid off!

PROUD TO [STRIKE]BE DEALING [/STRIKE] HAVE DEALT WITH MY DEBT ;)
  • LittleL_4
    LittleL_4 Posts: 714 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! Just goes to show what you can achieve when you put your mind to it :T
    You're an inspiration to us all - enjoy the freedom :T

L
    x
    Debt 28/12/06 £26,467
    £20 grocery challenge per week
    Savings £400
    £2 coins - £8.00
    DMP £357 pcm (CCCs) commenced 1/10/06
    DFD :think:
    proud to be dealing with my debts
  • pudding06
    pudding06 Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic - its what we are all dreaming about and working hard towards.

Well done you and thanks so much for posting- you've cheered me up no end - I love success stories.

Good luck in the future

pudds
    August 2009 grocery challenge £172.64/,,,,,

no point in doing grocery challenges, have no money left over to eat :0/
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    Hi

Well done, that's a fantastic achievement, your post has really cheered me up. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks.

Jx
    Debt at LBM £15231.43:eek: now £11397.43 Coming Down :D
    Snowball says DFD [strike]March[/strike] Feb 2010
    Official DFW Nerd No: 218 ;)

Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • dumpy
    dumpy Posts: 520 Forumite
    Options
    A lovely story and inspiring to all. It shows that it can be done.

I do hope the bottle of bubbly will be a free one from swapping energy suppliers! In true MSE style!
  • hopeless_case_2
    Options
    great story youare an inspiration to all. Very hard to be so srict with yourself.
    i could not do it .Bravo you.
    Make £11,000 in 2011 / ebay £600
  • K-Lye
    K-Lye Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    ampersand wrote:
    Don't know if you you collect Tesco points, but you'll have 4X their worth in deals, including holidays and YHA, if you use them this way during your Dad's visit.
    We've actually been saving up our vouchers for use at Christmas. As for deals, well I did book a trip on the London Eye through buyagift.com but sourced a 25% discount code on hotdeals ;)
    anyway maybe your bottle of bubbly could come from u-switch for changing your gas/electricity and prove your true MSE credentials!! lol
    dumpy wrote:
    I do hope the bottle of bubbly will be a free one from swapping energy suppliers! In true MSE style!
    Well, it occurred to me, but I've actually just done this and opted for the £15 cashback instead. We were actually given a bottle of vintage Dom Perignon a while back, so I'm thinking we'll pop that one and it'll cost us nothing :D
    great story youare an inspiration to all. Very hard to be so srict with yourself. i could not do it .Bravo you.
    :( Everyone can do it! As sure as you can make sure you get up for work/school in the morning, you can do it. If anything, after a time, it can get quite addictive in that you'll always be challenging yourself to do better and save more than last time. It's really important to keep a spreadsheet of somekind so you can watch as that debt starts coming down. Something else that helps is having a goal to reward yourself. I've promised my partner and I that we're going on a nice holiday next year as a reward - naturally I'll be saving up for it first :cool:

Thanks again all :o
    I imagine bugs and girls have a dim suspicion that nature played a cruel trick on them, but they lack the intelligence to really comprehend the magnitude of it. -- Calvin & Hobbes :rotfl:
  • Well done dude. Thats a huge amount, goes to show it can be done.
    I am going to take your advice and take a second job a couple of evenings a week. Although I don't have the debt, I don't like the worry of going into debt or not having the spare cash when the car breaks down in the same month as birthdays and bills and ...and ... as they all seem to come at once, no matter how well we plan for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure