A success story.. *almost*

Comments

• moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank for taking the time to post! Well done on your achievement so far and more importantly for me, well done on maintaing a sense of balance while you are on your debt free quest ;) Enjoy your time with your dad, those are special times.

Hope you post on the debt free roll soon ;)
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    There are a lot of new people on here at moment who are feeling there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I hope they read this and are inspired!

Well done, you are a real star!!!!!

Now get over to 'the other side' - mortgage board - and start on that!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • K-Lye
    K-Lye Posts: 78 Forumite
    moozie wrote:
    Hope you post on the debt free roll soon ;)
    I never realised this existed.. I look forward to it! :D

And thanks again everyone. Good luck in your own challenges!
    I imagine bugs and girls have a dim suspicion that nature played a cruel trick on them, but they lack the intelligence to really comprehend the magnitude of it. -- Calvin & Hobbes :rotfl:
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,564 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just to add another Well Done! to those already posted.
    You are lucky, though, to live where public transport is an option.
    For many, it is not.
    Don't know if you you collect Tesco points, but you'll have 4X their worth in deals, including holidays and YHA, if you use them this way during your Dad's visit.
    There are loads of threads under Grabbit Quick which will help you increase points totals and find bargains. Waitrose may be my shop of choice, but Tesco's price promise makes freebies a certainty.
    Do check it out.
    Once again, YOU ARE A CHAMPION!
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• :T Outstanding effort :T
  • JDGB999
    JDGB999 Posts: 26 Forumite
    I can only imagine how hard you have worked in the last 2 years to knock off that debt. Well done.

The great thing about this site, and the task you have almost completed, is that you will NEVER go back to your old ways. You have learned about debt and how to live life with cash in your pocket - that is something that I don't think you will ever forget.

I started my voyage to debt freedom not very long ago but already I can see how ignorance was to blame for the debt in the first place - once free of it I will never go back.
    Start of £18.5k in 18.5 month project - 3rd October 2006

Debt at 3rd October 2006 - £18,637.56
    Debt now (1st February 2007) - £16,627.92

Loan#1 £3960.66 | Loan#2 £7362.50 | Loan#3 £428.55 | CC £4876.21 | [STRIKE]OD £4038.76[/STRIKE] (moved to CC on 0%)

Official DFW Nerd Club Member#188
  • freebird65
    freebird65 Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done for having your lightbulb moment and really buckling down and doing something about it. It isn't easy (I know that) so you deserve that glass of bubbly when you cross the finishing line!!

:T :T :T

Enjoy the moment! :D
  • Congratulations!

That's an amazing story! :T
    Mortgage Free as of 03/07/2017 :beer:
  • Well done! :T

I love these kind of posts. Looking forward to seing you posting that you are debt free in the very near future!
  • anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    Wonderful. What a fantastic post.Very well done. Also, enjoy your very well deserved holiday.
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

:A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport