Comments

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks for sharing that, inspiring :)
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • beverleyhills
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Congratulations on your achievement. Hope that you will hang out on this board to help others.
    'You can't change the past, you can only change the future' Gary Boulet.

'Show me the person who never makes a mistake and I'll show you the person who never makes anything'. Anon
  • K-Lye
    K-Lye Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm so glad my story has given people some positive vibes. I know that there were times when things were depressinly tough and I'd ask myself whheter I'd *ever* be debt free. Now though, being so close, it's just such an exhilarting feeling. I can't wait and I'll definitely be back to let everyone know when the day arrives! :cool:

What's really funny though, is that whilst I'm planning easing off the gas a tad and allow myself a luxury or two when I get there, my focus hasn't really changed! I'm already thinking of ways that I can tackle my mortgage and starting to apply what I've learnt so I can actually start making money! :D
    I imagine bugs and girls have a dim suspicion that nature played a cruel trick on them, but they lack the intelligence to really comprehend the magnitude of it. -- Calvin & Hobbes :rotfl:
  • Seaxwyn
    Seaxwyn Posts: 4,896 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you K-Lye. Your post has given me a huge boost as I owe £35,000 like you did, and had been feeling it was completely impossible ever to pay it off. That you have paid that amount off in such a short time is a huge inspiration. Thanks for posting.
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• oops_a_daisy
    Options
    :j Well done K-Lye:j . Thankyou for posting your inspiring story :T
    :cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:
  • MascaraMinx
    Options
    Brilliant! That's a great story, I'm glad you posted. I owe less than you did but still feel like it will never go away. But also like you I'm aspiring to the mortgage-free wannabe board too :)
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    Wow - well done - you deserve the applause, and you deserve the holidays.

i'm tryin to be be free in just under 4 years and your story is an inspiration.
  • charlotte3
    Options
    WOW! I'm so glad you did post your story! It's great to hear the positive things in regards to managing debt. I'm sure your post will be a great inspiration and incentive to many fellow MSE'ers!
    Sexkitten

Good things come to those who wait......... but the best will be taken by those who got there first ;)

• rarele
    rarele Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Well done - what a fantastic acheivement :T

It's exactly this sort of post I need at the moment to keep me going. So thanks K-Lye & many congratulations :D

R :)
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    Debt Free by "sometime" in 2010:j
    £2 Coin Savers Club £22 Started again after saving and spending £96 for Xmas :T
  • hattie_pea
    Options
    You so have done amazingly well and should be so proud of the effort, hard work, and sacrifices you have made in order to achieve your goal! A big round of applause coming your way from me!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport