Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

Options

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Read the meters and sent the numbers in online. I've been doing that every month to make sure I'm on top of the actual costs as I don't want any nasty surprises. I'm expecting the gas bill to be high this month because its been so cold. The deal I'm on means I pay a higher amount in the winter anyway so hopefully theres enough to cover it.

Did a few Onepoll surveys and had a YouGov one which turned out to be a prize draw rather than a points one :p.

Not a NSD as had to pay for the big old furry boy's pills for the month which cost just under £27. Posted my online sale when I was out. Got very wet on the way home, made me realise we haven't had much rain at all in last few weeks.

Have shredded and sorted another load of papers and emptied another box [of books this time].

Just logged on and have got another online sale :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    All good then :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :T :T Well done on getting 'stuff' from the office sorted - and shredded! It's definitely a big help to have an exit strategy in mind for things - and then implement that strategy! (rather than driving around for weeks with bags of stuff for the CS in your car boot.... ;))
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Regular meter reading is something thats still beyond me :o so well done you :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    edited 7 February 2019 at 11:03AM
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    :T :T Well done on getting 'stuff' from the office sorted - and shredded! It's definitely a big help to have an exit strategy in mind for things - and then implement that strategy! (rather than driving around for weeks with bags of stuff for the CS in your car boot.... ;))
    x

Thanks greent, my strategy involves persuading anyone I can to drop it off for me as I don't have a car! I suspect you won't be the only one who has driven around like that :)
  • teapot2
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Regular meter reading is something thats still beyond me :o so well done you :)

Think the fact that I'm a bit obsessed with making sure I don't get a mega bill helps :o
  • teapot2
    Options
    Big old furry boy to the vet as they wanted to do a couple of check ups because of the meds he is on - took 5 minutes if that and cost £31. He's gonna have to get a paper round ;);) All was good so I've asked if it would be ok for him to have 6 monthly checks instead of quarterly so thats been agreed :j Think I need to start putting money into a pot to cover his expenses again as I stopped doing that.

Bit more sorting and shredding done as well. Also made a phone call I've been putting off to one of OHs friends that I've not spoken to since he died. Pleased I managed to do that though.

Sold a book on Amazon this evening. I listed it 10 years ago when I looked at the order. Just hope I can find it and its in the same condition. I could have done with updating the price though as from what I remember its quite a thick book so postage will be quite high. Ah well its still a wee sale :cool:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad that you managed to speak to your DH's friend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Our cats dont half cost us money :rotfl:

• teapot2
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Glad that you managed to speak to your DH's friend :)

Thanks, I had been putting it off as I knew it would be emotional, I've not spoken to them since he died though we've been in touch via sending cards.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback