beanielou wrote: »
    Our cats dont half cost us money :rotfl:

Sure do and I've only got the one :eek:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,321 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Three for me.
    My best boy who is nearly 19 <<< & the two rescue cats I got last year.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,263 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd like another cat as well but furry boy is extremely territorial and has only recently retired from going into full on attack of any cat who ventured into the garden [also not good for vet bills :eek:] He now sees them off rather than actually making contact. I don't think he would tolerate another cat :(

I assume yours get on together?
  • beanielou
    Options
    teapot2 wrote: »
    I'd like another cat as well but furry boy is extremely territorial and has only recently retired from going into full on attack of any cat who ventured into the garden [also not good for vet bills :eek:] He now sees them off rather than actually making contact. I don't think he would tolerate another cat :(

I assume yours get on together?

That was my big worry too.
    But all has worked out well in the end.
    I wouldent say they were friends but they tolorate each other & thats good enough for me.
    I was very careful with the introductions last year & that certainly helped :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    In a way it has given my best boy a new lease of life which is fab.
    Not long til he is 19 :)

• teapot2
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    In a way it has given my best boy a new lease of life which is fab.
    Not long til he is 19 :)

Good that they tolerate each other and your best boy has upped his game. We had an older cat years ago when we also took on a kitten. The kitten used to harass the old girl who took to spending her day in the spare room for a bit of peace. I did feel bad about that :(

Our/my last few cats have all been older boys or girls that weren't wanted any more - not official rescues but still needing a home. Don't think I'd want a kitten now even though they have the cute factor.
  • teapot2
    Options
    Council tax, gas. leccy and phone/BB have come out of the account which on top of vets bills have left the balance quite a bit down and there is more to come out. Ideally I try to keep the balance at a level that earns enough interest monthly along with the cashback to more than cover the account fee and leave a bit of 'profit' which is usually about £7. Its more if I have a bigger balance of course. So, to keep the balance up I transferred £200 over from my online sales account. I'm planning to do something about that account as it now doesn't get any interest :o

I managed to find the book I sold last night and packed it up this morning. Its quite thick and heavy so I've made sure I used bubblewrap to protect it especially at the corners. Cost less than I thought it might to post so still a few £ profit in it phew.

Came home and sorted out the recycling ready to put out later. I managed to fit more shredded paper in the boxes and have put heavier stuff on top so it shouldn't blow away when they take the covers off to empty them. Also flattened another 3 boxes to go out.

I have lots more shredded paper to recycle but am hopefully going out on Sunday so might be able to do it then. Bit more tidying and sorting done as well :)

Applied for and got a T S B account this evening. Once all the gubbins arrives and is set up I'll close the ISA I've got elsewhere and transfer the contents there. I thought I had about £400 in it but turns out theres nearly twice that when I looked :o but it only earns 1% interest.

Recycling out and washing up done so will chill out with a bit of TV before bed
  • teapot2
    Options
    Forgot to say; not a NSD as had run out of biccys so 99p spend there :(
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My local council doesn't take shredded paper for recycling, so I try not to shred whole sheets of paper, its the only thing I can do - can't even put it on the bonfire sometimes, as its coated in plastic :(
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    Options
    All the different councils seem to take different items for recycling, its very confusing I think :mad: My council is pretty good I think, we also have a separate food waste collection every week.

They've started charging annually in the big city for brown bin emptying recently - no doubt that'll be rolled out here too at some point :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback