IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM Parking fine - Heath Parade NW9

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes if it assists your case, and especially if they are prepared to attend the hearing with you as a witness. Otherwise it can be ignored as hearsay.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Dhudds
    Dhudds Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks. He will assist and attend the court. Can I also have a separate cost schedule for him to cover his cost or should I include it in my own cost schedule?
    Also according to helpful guidance to prepare the WS in part 2 of the NEWBIES:
    (a) How can I find a copy of the Beavis case?
    (b) Are you aware of any other recent successful Gladstones case that I can refer to?
    (c) Most importantly where can I get a copy of land registry showing the plan for Heath Parade, NW9. I know some members in forum have a copy of it but they never shared it with me even though I've requested many times from different members.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    (a) How can I find a copy of the Beavis case?
    Type his name into Google. Prepare for the deluge!
    (b) Are you aware of any other recent successful Gladstones case that I can refer to?
    Forum search on keywords Gladstones another one bites the dust
    (c) Most importantly where can I get a copy of land registry
    From the Land Registry - cost £3 or £4.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    How can I find a copy of the Beavis case?
    Google of course! You need to read & understand the (IMHO) stupid reasoning.

But you DO NOT include that case with your Witness Statement - too big/no need.

Include the witness attendance/travel/loss of leave costs in your costs schedule.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Dhudds
    Options
    Land registry only provides the title register for £3 but not the "title plan" and I don't really know where to find it. The title plan is an official plan of the site. Has anyone got the plan?
  • Dhudds
    Options
    Hi All,
    I have a witness attending the court. Would it be a separate schedule of cost or can I include his cost in my schedule of cost?
    I understand the maximum cost is £250 but is this include the cost of my witness attending the court?
  • Dhudds
    Options
    Can you help please?
    I have a witness who was sitting in the passenger side at the time of the alleged parking fine. He will be attending the hearing to support my case.
    Can I claim his cost for attending the hearing. If yes, Would it be a separate schedule of cost or can I include his cost in my own schedule of cost?
    Thanks
  • Dhudds
    Options
    Thank you Castle.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    3. On xx/xx/xxxx I was driving my car with my son sitting next to me in the passenger side. I noticed there was a layby largely marked as “Loading Only” ( Exhibit xx) .I stopped the car in heath Parade and went quickly to ask the security if I can stop the car there. The car window was left open and my son was in the car. I quickly withdrew cash (Exhibit xx). An undercover warden approached my car from behind (Exhibit xx) but instead of telling us to move the car she started taking pictures with her mobile phone. She was standing close to us taking pictures without our consent and without any given reason. After she took the photos, she pointed to a sign on the wall written in a very small font size which can be easily missed (Exhibit xx).
    I’d be careful how much you say in this paragraph.

If you knew it was ‘Loading Only’ (by admission here) and you had nothing to load/unload, then the bay wasn’t available for you to use.

Taking the opportunity to get some cash out at the same time may be interpreted as the prime reason for parking in the bay, again neither loading nor unloading.

You don’t need to reveal that much info which might risk this going against you.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport