IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NGP - Company Vehicle

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Write a letter to the named Judge, with your costs schedule.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Noree
    Noree Posts: 166 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Write a letter to the named Judge, with your costs schedule.

Spoke to the court and a judge was not allocated due to the claim being discontinued the Friday beforehand.

Suppose I best send an email to the above mentioned by The Deep?

Also, any other suggestions?

Thanks
  • Noree
    Options
    So NGPM/Glads have sent a LBC AGAIN in relation to the other two which were not combined as requested.

This is all going to have to start again!

Where do I stand with this and can I do anything about it?

They!!!8217;re just going to waste more of my time and that of the courts.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes, send a copy to the Judge who is allocated to the one with a hearing and point out this unreasonable and vexatious intimidation by court claims, drip by drip, like a form of torture to a LIP. Even if you have already asked, send a letter to the Judge to point out what is happening to you and how unfair it is on a LIP, let alone a waste of court resources.

Ask that these matters are merged or that the court reminds the Claimant of the doctrine of res judicata.

Assuming the charges are all essentially about the same matters and facts, they can't have lots of attempts at court, one by one, once the issue at hand has been decided.

So at your upcoming hearing, if you win, do not leave until you have asked for the other ones to be struck out, if by then G's have filed another claim. Ask on the spot for that to be ordered, and for your costs of course.

And to G's, respond now with a reasonable request that the latest LBCCC is frozen until the matter of claim xxxxxxx is decided, because these claims deal with essentially the same matters and remind G's that as solicitors, their first duty is to the Court (i.e. including not to waste court time on trying to slip 2 similar cases through separately).
  • Noree
    Options
    Thanks for your response CM, but the previous case (as mentioned previously in this thread) was discontinued and no judge was allocated.

My main concern is that I won!!!8217;t have anyone who can strike this out and that I have to jump through the hoops until another court date is decided.

I would assume the Claimant will do the same again and discontinue it as my defence will be as strong as the last claim, if not stronger.

It all seems like a waste of time and should be stopped way before a hearing!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Oh OK, sorry I thought your hearing was postponed.

I am afraid you will have to do this all over again then, and they will discontinue again, leaving you unable to claim your wasted costs/postage each time. This should be illegal.

Send an account and copies of the trash thrown at you, to your MP, Trading Standards and Sir Greg Knight MP.
  • Noree
    Options
    Ok cheers CM.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Oh OK, sorry I thought your hearing was postponed.

I am afraid you will have to do this all over again then, and they will discontinue again, leaving you unable to claim your wasted costs/postage each time. This should be illegal.

Send an account and copies of the trash thrown at you, to your MP, Trading Standards and Sir Greg Knight MP.
    Maybe a counterclaim for harassment and the costs incurred in defending the first claim could be included, if a claim is issued.
  • Noree
    Options
    Castle wrote: »
    Maybe a counterclaim for harassment and the costs incurred in defending the first claim could be included, if a claim is issued.

I have thought this, but not sure if it’s going to create more hassle for myself.

The solicitors and their parking company have enough against themselves already, so I expect it to be discontinued again.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Noree wrote: »
    I have thought this, but not sure if it’s going to create more hassle for myself.

The solicitors and their parking company have enough against themselves already, so I expect it to be discontinued again.

If you put in a counterclaim, they cannot then discontinue. Depends on whether you want to face them at court. Alternatively, they may not want to come to court, given the strength you believe your defence has, so they will then have to pay your counterclaim costs.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport