Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've only tried one SW meal: the chicken jalfrezi. It was OK but the sauce was a bit watery.

If you like an Indian curry then I'd recommend Aldi Lamb Rogan Josh for 1.5 syns. Just as good as a take away IMO.

Sorry you were disappointed with your kedgeree denise. I'm hoping the haddock will be OK. I bought 3 for £10 bags from Farmfoods to try. The salmon wasn't that good, we'll see what the haddock's like. I might try Iceland another time. I generally buy my fish YS in Sainsbury's or in Lidl. I'm trying to up our fish intake but it seems you get what you pay for.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I've had a couple of the ready meals but I'm not keen. Then again I generally don't like any ready meals. I tend to make my own read meals from left overs and have them in the freezer for when I want something quick instead
    Zebras rock
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Really surprised (mind you last week I rounded up so it might have made the difference) but

-3.5lbs

So now only got 2.5lbs to go until I've lost 4 stone :o really cannot believe it. I never thought it would happen. I'm wondering if my thyroid tablets are now too high mind but I think the last prescription said review in April so might wait until then and not bother docs as I've got more energy now and stuff.

Food for today:

Breakfast: Greek 0% fat yoghurt and an apple cut up.
    Dinner: birds tomato sausages (I'm saying 4 syns each so 8 syns), home made gravy (2 syns), broccoli, sprouts, cabbage.
    Tea: I think I'll have fish, mushy peas and mint sauce.

Also I think I've asked before but feeling like a bit of chocolate - can anyone tell me what chocolate honeycombe matchsticks are for 4 or how they work it out.

Well done to the losers, keep your head up sts and any gainers. It's heading in the right direction and remember where we started to where we are now :)
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    I used to get Iceland ready meals on the way to work - they fill the spot but not that well. I now make a quick omelette or take some frozen veg out and nob it in the pan with frozen fish/ tin of tuna on my can't be bothered days.

Welcome Fred btw and thanks for the chart Katheryna - sorry to hear you're under the weather with the meds. Might be worth asking if there's any alternate/ something that can be taken inbetween as there's nothing worse than being in pain
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on your loss dawyldthing . Shiny next week? !!!128512;

I can't see any Matchsticks online. If you post the food values we can work it out.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Really surprised (mind you last week I rounded up so it might have made the difference) but

-3.5lbs

So now only got 2.5lbs to go until I've lost 4 stone :o really cannot believe it. I never thought it would happen. I'm wondering if my thyroid tablets are now too high mind but I think the last prescription said review in April so might wait until then and not bother docs as I've got more energy now and stuff.

Food for today:

Dinner: birds tomato sausages (I'm saying 4 syns each so 8 syns), home made gravy (2 syns), broccoli, sprouts, cabbage.

Also I think I've asked before but feeling like a bit of chocolate - can anyone tell me what chocolate honeycombe matchsticks are for 4 or how they work it out.

Well done to the losers, keep your head up sts and any gainers. It's heading in the right direction and remember where we started to where we are now :)

Do you mean matchmakers? If so the honeycomb ones are 1 syn per stick so 4 would be 4 syns.

Good luck for the 4 stone shiney next week!

Denise
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done to all the losers!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Have my first class tomorrow, back to my old group and consultant (who is absolutely fab) so will start plan properly on Wednesday. Not sure my thyroid meds are quite right yet but I'll give it my best .

Quick question - SW Iceland meals - these didn't exist the last time i did plan, are they worth buying or are you better to try and cook from scratch? They seem like a handy thing to have for the days when you're not in the mood for cooking but don't want to stock the freezer up if they're horrid!

IMO the cottage pie one is best.
    A lot of them use way too many spices and way way too many peppers.Bah.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options

-3.5lbs

Food for today:

Great loss for you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,825 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 February 2018 at 6:22PM
    Options
    Thanks for the chart, kathrynha, and sorry you're not feeling too good at present. Congratulations to GAF on slimmer of the week, and welcome to Fred.

On the subject of SW ready meals - we like the chicken tikka masala one and find there's ample to share between two of us. We've also tried the lasagne (both the beef and vegetable varieties) but weren't at all impressed.

We've just discovered the ALDI 'Slimwell' meals, which are cheaper and less calories than the SW equivalents - I think SW threatened to sue Aldi because the packaging is very similar, so I don't think they've been given syn ratings.

So far we've just tried their bolognese ragu, which we had with courgetti and we both enjoyed. We have a couple of other ones in the freezer, but not tried them yet - we try to cook from scratch, with ready meals being for the odd occasion where neither of us can face cooking.

I can second mamans recommendation for the ALDI chilled rogan josh if you enjoy curry.

Plan for today - got up late, so just brunch today - ham salad sandwich (HEXB) with cheese (HEXA) and red pepper.
    Beef casserole in the oven for tea shortly
    Mango, clementines and pears for snacks, possibly with a muller light.

Syns - 1 for oil when preparing the casserole, and possibly a kitkat.
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Do you mean matchmakers? If so the honeycomb ones are 1 syn per stick so 4 would be 4 syns.

Good luck for the 4 stone shiney next week!

Denise

That's the ones. Thank you. Don't attend club but will award myself with new trousers or something when I get there :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport