How old is your mobile?

Options

Comments

• boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a 2014 nexus 6 i brought second hand and is now worth about 150 pounds, but it is one of the few phones that has an acceptably large 6 inch screen as my eyesight is no longer good enough to easily read tiny iphone sized screens. Even their flagship model is only 5.5 inches but that still seems quite small when you have less than perfect eyesight.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My husband's Motorola is at least 27 years old. It's one of the very early analogue 'bricks' whose battery was the size of a shoe box.
  • Sjc1973
    Sjc1973 Posts: 84 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2017 at 2:59PM
    Options
    Wow TEDDYSMUM :) that might be worth something as it's a early edition of a mobile phone, or might be in a couple of years! Does he still use it?

I have a iPhone 5 that I bought outright in 2012. I got the battery changed In 2014 for free as apparently certain ones had a battery defect! I use it as a hotspot a lot for my iPad so it gets a lot of use. I would like to upgrade but that's not a need but a want, I can't justify the cost to buy outright again at the moment particularly as I also have an iPad now!
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 March 2017 at 6:57PM
    Options
    Sjc1973 wrote: »
    Wow TEDDYSMUM :) that might be worth something as it's a early edition of a mobile phone, or might be in a couple of years! Does he still use it?

The old phones were analogue, so will no longer work, but he has refused to get rid of it.

There are a number on Ebay and one person in Yorkshire is asking £1500. They will be lucky to get £50 including postage.

These are similar and his has the fabric carry case as shown in one of the photos.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1990+cell+phone&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjS9vvUzODSAhVKK8AKHaSRBDUQ_AUIBigB&biw=1280&bih=585#q=motorola+8500x&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CX2iXufdbEtWIjhcF14-qo3JW31_1JAaxQNc5p2LbrWiyqWBTSHGt2JBPjZ_1K8J6bxRxRlSvBsIQb1ENPMPJI6nQl8ioSCVwXXj6qjclbETW07PYojMnIKhIJfX8kBrFA1zkR0QWyu-UbfgYqEgmnYtutaLKpYBHBzSILxSU6FCoSCVNIca3YkE-NETvFjS6We1NxKhIJn8rwnpvFHFERA4lapLg9SsYqEgmVK8GwhBvUQxE7xY0ulntTcSoSCU8w8kjqdCXyEWdp4oT6bEgu&*&spf=942
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mine is a Sony Erickson, belonged to no1 son so must be over 15 yrs old. All I want is to text and phone
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nexus 6P 64GB. Bought 10 months ago sim free for £410 on offer.
    Replaced my 3 year old HTC One M7.
    Currently on a sim only deal with cash back that works out at £3.24 per month!
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    iPhone 5s - coming up for three and a half years. Have Three's 321 Pay as You Go. Changed from giffgaff (luckily phone is unlocked; I bought it direct from Apple.)

Thinking about jumping ship to Sony.
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Moto G (2014) - 28 months old now and still looks new. Cost me £150 when I bought it. I pay £3 for a 500mb / month data bundle on delight mobile.
  • alisont
    alisont Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    iPhone 6 - couple of years old now, paid for it outright and have a 12 month Sim deal with Vodafone which is £8.50 for 5gb data, unlimited texts and calls. That does run out very soon but hard to get through on live chat but keen to sign another deal - but don't think they do the 50% off deals anymore.

My phone before that was an iPhone 4 which lasted me years until I got the iPhone 6 - doubt I'll change my phone for anotner couple of years yet.

My Dads still using an old Sony handset of mine that's about 15 years but has nearly given up.
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
  • lg g3 best phone I've owned had it for 3 and a half years and been on sim only since contract finish in November 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure