Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

Options

Comments

• andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Popped into Lidl on Saturday, and they had all the Christmas goodies, but we managed to resist most of them - apart from the mini pannetone for 75p, just right to split between us over a cuppa.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    andygb wrote: »
    Popped into Lidl on Saturday, and they had all the Christmas goodies, but we managed to resist most of them - apart from the mini pannetone for 75p, just right to split between us over a cuppa.
    You've got self-control!

I could wolf down a large one in one sitting :o
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    You've got self-control!

I could wolf down a large one in one sitting :o

DH is on his third lot of stollen. :eek:
  • rhcp
    rhcp Posts: 2,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A few things start disappearing off the shelves at this time of year to make way for the christmas stuff, including the aldi value low fat natural yoghurt, which I love!
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Interesting find inside a packing carton of Aldi Chunky chicken and vegetable soup today.

Just one can of Heinz Big Soup - Chicken and Vegetable!

All the other cans in the carton - Aldi Chunky Chicken and Vegetable.

The store doesn’t sell Heinz soups, so unless some odd customer slipped one into the outer carton, which wasn’t even on top, I think there may be certain conclusions to be drawn........:)

There was a story a couple of years ago where people buying Aldi's own Hula Hoops multipacks found packs of the branded ones inside
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    DH is on his third lot of stollen. :eek:

I don't like marzipan, I don't eat cake - but I absolutely crave stollen:eek:
    I haven't had stollen for a year.:(
    203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Hope not - though they were still selling it here on Saturday, when I bought a couple. Good stuff - and almost identical to Heinz, who probably make it for them on the basis of the post third back from this one.

Definitely missing from my Aldi, no space on the shelf any more :(
    203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Milk chocolate Lebkuchen Hearts from Aldi @ 89p for 300g are way too good and so easy to eat I will need to get myself banned until they run out of them.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Milk chocolate Lebkuchen Hearts from Aldi @ 89p for 300g are way too good and so easy to eat I will need to get myself banned until they run out of them.
    I keep on hearing good reviews but despite my love for all things cake-y have never quite taken to them. The abundance of mince pies, panettone and stollen dosed with Ballycastle serve me perfectly well in December :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I keep on hearing good reviews but despite my love for all things cake-y have never quite taken to them. The abundance of mince pies, panettone and stollen dosed with Ballycastle serve me perfectly well in December :D

Well done you for waiting until December! :eek::T

I haven't seen any chocolate marzipan in Aldi. Anyone know if Lidl has any? :drool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure