This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Love the new focus - all the goals sound exciting. :)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Well done wonderful wattster.
  • selloptape
    Options
    Really inspiring goals, thanks for posting :)
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £132k in 2 years :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Love it watty ill keep the sig strike off going for the strike team haha

Hope you are well

Good work! I found it so motivating to strike it off as it came down. I do need to add I didn't actually make 132K in 2 years - I released savings and sold shares to do it. Not maybe the best FIRE way to do it but I felt it was best for us.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Hi Watty, great to see you!

I love that you acknowledge the fantastic job you did with the mortgage

:)

Now bring on the Retirement Fund :T
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Watty1 wrote: »
    I do need to add I didn't actually make 132K in 2 years - I released savings and sold shares to do it. Not maybe the best FIRE way to do it but I felt it was best for us.
    People do get pounced on for doing that sort of thing, don't they. Thing is, it isn't a purely financial decision, we live in the sort of world where being free of external influences on your home could be a very good thing indeed.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    People do get pounced on for doing that sort of thing, don't they. Thing is, it isn't a purely financial decision, we live in the sort of world where being free of external influences on your home could be a very good thing indeed.

And the freedom from the stress of not making a large mortgage payment has, for me, been a relief. Being self employed I now know the house is ours and I just need to cover some of the other costs now.

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    I know what you mean watty ya as im self employed myself to so totally get how you feel or felt.

If i had what my mortgage is available i would also clear the debt

I think for the self employed who feel like we do a strong EF is essential which will come into use at the end of the mortgage life so works both ways in case worst happens and to help pay the last bit of mortgage off :]

Glad your sticking around anyway even tho your MF now how many times have you walked around or looked at you place thinking yes its all mine hehe
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • Watty1
    Options
    Glad your sticking around anyway even tho your MF now how many times have you walked around or looked at you place thinking yes its all mine hehe

Actually not many surprisingly. While I owed so much to the company I didn't feel mortgage free - which is why I haven't yet posted on the roll of honour. I think I will only really feel it once the company is financially sound again and I have a little bit of savings. At the moment it has been a bit of a hand to mouth existence so the MF hasn't sunk in if that make sense. I felt wealthier when I had the mortgage :rotfl:

• Watty1
    Options
    Lovely walk in the rain with doggy. Such a joy to be out tramping over the fields with him. Very happy Watty and dog :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback