No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2017

Options

Comments

• sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU from tonight:

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter WDBA. This has saved me skin from being so dry and dehydrated lately. I've got another one on it's way to me, should arrive in the next few days.

I've just found out that La Roche Posay have discontinued the Hydreane range here in the UK, and it's the only moisturiser I've found suitable for my skin. I'm nearing the end of my tube as well. May have to purchase another whilst I still can before I start testing a new moisturiser.
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    One TA - No7 Beautiful Skin Pore Vacuum Mask. Awful mask! Does nothing for my skin, other than stretch it as I pull it off (should only be allowable for teens!), and makes a huge mess of my hands and sink. Thankfully I bought it on sale, so I don't feel so bad for binning it.
  • savingfortomorrow
    savingfortomorrow Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i finished john freida volume shampoo. WNBA. It dried out my hands a lot and it seemed to be very expensive for what it is.

I started using e45 shower gel and it was horrible like using paint, it is so thick and white.

I have been rather money saving today with making do with the items in the items i had already and resisted getting a new item or two.
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tried the LE face mask. I can see it working on my skin. and making it look less red and much clearer but it is so greasy the oiliness keeps getting in my eyes and I don't think my pillowslips would forgive me if I slept in it, as advised.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am panning the naked 2 and it is never ending. I have one cm left of the glow tonic and it is something im not sure about replacing.

You have my respect. I couldn't pan a full pallette in one go.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    Hey hey,

Interesting chat about Pixi Glow Tonic I finished mine a while ago, and I have a tiny bit of Alpha H liquid gold to go too and wondering what to replace - I did once have first aid acid pads and I seem to recall them being good and potentially even better than those two. They do feel like'are they doing anything' products but I echo the feeling that suddenly you look rougher if stop! I've been racking my brains to what an older skin routine was that I'm sure gave my the best skin I've ever had. I think it could have been Emma hardie or Osaka cleanser the first aid toner pads and maybe an Emma hardie oil but I'm not sure! Might rebuy the Emma hardie cleanser and the pads but have to order them as harder to find.

I really want to try First Aid Beauty products as well and may pick some up when I'm in the US in September. Really can't recommend the Murad one enough though. Not sure if you could get a sample from anywhere to try.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    I dug out a No 7 eyeshadow trio to use this week but have thrown it away. The colours are a champagne highlight/brow bone shade, grey and taupe brown shades. The highlighter is ok but the other two colours are just muddy. Think this probably came as GWP. No point hanging onto this.

Today I'm wearing a Laura Geller eyeshadow called Praline which is lovely. I've had this a while and have only managed to level the dome on top. Nowhere near pan.

Pulled another category from my roulette which is "a Maybelline product". I only have two Maybelline products which are Colour Tattoos and both have about the same sized dip in them. Have pulled out my Creme de Nude one to use in rotation. No goals for this, just to use it regularly.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • mad_scientist
    mad_scientist Posts: 399 Forumite
    Options
    fixx wrote: »
    One TA - No7 Beautiful Skin Pore Vacuum Mask. Awful mask! Does nothing for my skin, other than stretch it as I pull it off (should only be allowable for teens!), and makes a huge mess of my hands and sink. Thankfully I bought it on sale, so I don't feel so bad for binning it.

The name sounds terrifying! :eek: Face masks, I really should remember to use one every now and then, or they will never get finished. Those and nose pore strips are just always things I forget about!

I did remember to use body scrub before my shower last night and the FCUK one only has one application left so should get a UU at the weekend!
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 3 May 2017 at 8:03PM
    Options
    Uh oh, I have a few INs to report:

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Levres lip balm 7.5ml
    La Roche Posay Lipikar Surgras Lipid Enriched Cleansing Bar 150g
    Vichy Ideal Soleil Mattifying Face Dry Touch SPF50 50ml
    Vichy Ideal Soleil Lip Stick SPF30 4.7g
    The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter 90ml
    The Body Shop Aloe Calming Cream Cleanser 250ml

And that isn't all of it. These are online orders that have arrived today. I need a gentler cleanser, so trying the Aloe cleanser from The Body Shop as well as continuing to use the Camomile Cleansing Butter. And the Cicaplast Lip balm is new one to try for when the dry air at where I work damages my lips. And I'm jealous that the French get special packs of sunscreen which include a free SPF lip balm, it was cheaper than buying it here as well.

I still have a few products that are near finishing though, so I should have some UUs soon.

As well, I have a few products taken out of my stash that are not quite OUTs yet, I need to post them on a Skincare Exchange first. And then I've taken out the products containing mineral oil. I need to find someone who would want these products.
  • VALM
    Options
    3 sachet L'Occitane Devine cream do like this. May repurchase. Need to re-evaluate my moisturiser stash.

Have repainted my nails and am wearing OPI Amore at the Grand Canal. Was going to use a mini bottle of Sephora by OPI Sample Sale but it was practically empty so have TA.

Probably my bottle of nail polish remover will be UUed next.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family