No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2017

Comments

• savingfortomorrow
    savingfortomorrow Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I bought an elvive moouse as my hair is really flat and some tesco wipes.
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I'm back in for May too.

I had another UU today which was on my April PP list, so I'm happy to see that go! Mini L'Occitane shower gel.

I've got a few things still to carry over from April PP into this month, and I've added a few more for May.

PP list for the month:
    - Clinique eye serum (April carry over)
    - Organic Surge face wash (April carry over)
    - Neal & Wolf Hair Oil
    - Garnier Summer body lotion
    - Elemis Evening bloom dry body oil
    - Carrefour lip balm
    - Nivea hand lotion

And my 5 by summer list
    - Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. Just want rid of this, but there’s nothing wrong with it, so I have to use it up :P
    - Erno Laszlo face cream
    - Kedma eye cream (using on decolletage)
    - Ark face scrub
    - Soap and Glory Micellar water – has cucumber in it, which I hate (I can smell it), but I haven’t got much other makeup remover, so might as well use it.
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Carrying over my April PP list:

Vaseline – Advanced Repair body lotion – 200ml – using on hands, feet, legs after shaving
    Sanex – hand cream – trying to use daily
    Soap & Glory – Pulp Friction body scrub – 250ml – using weekly
    St Tropez – In Shower Gradual Tan Medium – 200ml – using weekly to maintain St Tropez tan
    Beyond Bronze by Fake Bake – Self Tanning Mousse – 210ml – using weekly
    Biore – Charcoal Pore Minimiser scrub – 92ml – using weekly
    Neutrogena – Spot Stress Control foaming face wash – 150ml!- using weekly
    David Babaii – Volcanic Ash Root Amplifier 200ml – will use weekly
    Eucryl – Tooth Whitening powder – 50g – using weekly, quite abrasive
    Vitabiotics – Perfectil Plus Hair supplements – Exp May 2017 – using twice weekly, too potent for my stomach
    Dior - Addict 2 and J'Ador perfumes – travel size – getting old - Using every few days

Simple – Cream eye make up remover – 100ml – using weekly
    Boots Botanics – All Bright make up remover – 150ml – using daily
    No7 – Stay Perfect mascara – 7ml!- will test in the week
    Bourjois – Volume Glamour Ultra Curl mascara – 12ml – using on the weekends
    Benefit – Black They're Real Push Up Liner – will test on the weekend
    Neutrogena CC cream light – 50ml -LHJ
    No7 – Beautiful Skin BB Cream Normal/Oily Fair – 40ml!- using weekdays
    Rimmel - Stay Matt pressed powder 005 – 14g – using when not wearing make up / blotting
    Revlon – Plumping lipgloss 01 -7ml – starting to separate - will use weekly
    Max Factor – long lasting 120 red + balm – starting to dry – using weekly
    Max Factor – long lasting nude + balm – starting to dry - using twice weekly
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 May 2017 at 9:37PM
    And thank you for new thread, count me in again, pp list is on lap top so cannot update ATM.

VALM. As skin is so sensitive decided to stick with usual products and not change things around. Currently at Barnard Castle moving on to Durham, Berwick on Tweed, Edinburgh area then breaking the homeward journey at Kendal, after 3weeks will need a holiday to recover from the holiday :T:rotfl: I am very lucky to be able to do this:D

Sorry if odd smilies, not good tapping on a tablet obvs.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Houseplant26
    Houseplant26 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

How is it May already!?!? Although I do like new months feel like new starts. I'm starting to seek work fall into place a bit more and I'm currently looking for a new flat to rent - wish me luck!!

I'm not going to make a PP list as I have a pretty good idea of what I'm concentrating on and what is likely to get UU soon. I expect there will be some ins though this month.

I had a bit of a tip off from someone I know that space nk may do another gift with purchase at some point soon. Does anyone know what time last year they did like a summer edit? There was a spring one not that long ago wasn't there? But I know the US space nk has done a big GWP recently.

Sorry if this is enabling but have some HG I've been out of for a while so debating stocking up when there is an offer on. Been avoiding buying in drips and drabs in case they do one.
  • I can not believe that it is may already. Time has moved so fast this year.
    I have a few items that I want to finish this summer

• Pixi glow tonic’- it seems to do nothing but when I stop my skin looks dull and tired. It is very deceptively effective.

• I have an eye shadow half baked to use up’- I have been using the same palette only since autumn 2015 and it is never ending. I am very determined to get this pallet finished and get all my value from it.

• Bielenda serum it is brilliant and a real discovery as it makes my skin look healthy. It contains high levels of vitamin b3 and lactic acid.

• Lancome eye liner it has served me well and is so soft and blendable. I would like it to be finished.

• Caudalie polyphenol c moisturizer. It is really nice and I think it is effective

• Neutrogena micelluar water, it is nice but well it needs to be finished.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    I used to work in "Barney", Maddiemay, lots of lovely places to stay around there. I worked in a building that overlooked the Market Place, just opposite Heron Foods ... You can imagine that there was some discussion when Heron opened in that neck of the woods. I wrote a letter of support to the local paper.

I'm sad that bus journeys are a bit of a trial now for me, the butcher on the corner of Horsemarket and Galgate is worth making a special trip for. I would often pop in there. That butcher is famous in the area.

Durham City is my favourite place on the planet, 'nuff said.
    That moment when you walk up steep little Owengate and out on to Palace Green.
    The Cathedral is suddenly there in front of you , with the Castle just behind you and all the beautiful medieval buildings at the side of the Green...
    Stuart Maconie put it nicely when he said it was like walking in to an episode of Brother Cadfael. I loved showing friends and family round Durham.

When DS and DD asked where I would like to spend my 50th birthday day out, Durham was the instant answer. (Swaledale would have been the second choice locally. I worked in Barney at the time, so that was off the menu.)

I have been given an unexpected gift of a Body Shop set. Frosted Cranberry - it was forgotten at Christmas by the giver. I will be putting it aside until the winter and using it then, with great pleasure.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Gemzie121
    Gemzie121 Posts: 668 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 May 2017 at 1:38AM
    Count me in again, still snowed under with stuff to use up. Got a load to sell too.

My PP list for May is:

1. Ohh...sugar sugar candy floss whipped sugar scrub
    2. Lush curly wurly coconut shampoo
    3. Head & shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo
    [STRIKE]4. Lush american cream conditioner 475g[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]5. Dove hair mask [/STRIKE]
    6. Lush pot o gold shower jelly 100g
    [STRIKE]7. Lush snowcake shower gel 250g[/STRIKE]
    8. Lush prince charming shower cream 100g
    9. Lush butterball shower cream 250g
    [STRIKE]10. Nip & fab winter cherry body wash mini[/STRIKE]
    11. TBS chocomania shower gel 250ml
    [STRIKE]12. TBS chocomania body butter 200ml[/STRIKE]
    13. Johnsons night moisturiser
    14. Simple foaming facial wash
    15. Lush ocean salt face & body scrub (gift set size)
    [STRIKE]16. Soft & gentle rose & vanilla roll on deodorant[/STRIKE]
    17. Lush honey i washed the kids soap sample
    [STRIKE]18. Lush maypole soap sample[/STRIKE]
    19. Lush sea vegetable soap sample
    20. Crabtree & evelyn lavendar hand cream
    21. Lush love & light hand cream sample
    22. Lush pink peppermint foot lotion
    23. Lush love spell massage bar

Will add more - need to dig out a deodorant spray and a body spray.

I have a ton of shower gels on the go but a couple are nearly empty.

VALM - i laughed at the boots mango scrub! Seem to recall you hated it as much as I did?! Ive still got one left in my stash and im thinking of palming it off on mum. Dont mind the butter but that scrub smells disgusting if you take too long in using it. Just generally meh!!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Welcome back mad_scientist.

VALM - I have the Stila Not So Nude palette which has 6 eyeshadows a blush and a highlighter, it is very pretty.

And/Maddie - we went to Barnard Castle over Easter, it is a lovely area, we visited High Force which was very impressive.

I have some uu

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - this was just a mini and I did really like the results but found the brush awkward to use and I always ended up having to clean up mistakes. WMBA

Lipstick Queen Lip Crayon in Mystery - this is one of those almost black coloured crayons which goes on a sheer plum colour. Colour was perfect on me, very flattering, but it wears off quickly and it is expensive. WNBA
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Tolteca87 wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread. Am in again.
    I seem to have found a HG. I didn't have a shower oil option by the side of the bath, so took a Rituals Indian Rose and Sweet Almond Oil one out of the stash. I used it in the bath instead of a shower and now my skin feels awesomely smooth and soft - even without body lotion apres bath and my skin and the bathroom smell fabulous.

I love Rituals products although I have only tried the green one so far. I have a gift set in my stash ready to use when everything else has gone. I usually shop my stash for birthdays and don't really have anything other than this that looks suitable as a gift but there's no way I'm giving this away!
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family