Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Options

Comments

• 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Thank you for your review

I can confirm we had a glitch in our system and this sent out emails that where not intended for certain customers.
    I apologise for this error and as we have highlighted to yourself we will not be charging you a cancellation fee.

Kind regards

247 home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • 247homerescue
    Options
    Thank you for your review

I can confirm we had a glitch in our system and this sent out emails that where not intended for certain customers.
    I apologise for this error and as we have highlighted to yourself we will not be charging you a cancellation fee.

Kind regards

247 home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • suky71
    suky71 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 September 2018 at 9:47AM
    Options
    Took out a policy with these {text removed by MSE Forum Team} in December 2017. In April 2018 tried to make a claim as my heating was churning out boiling (scaldingt) water was told this is not covered !!! I have had many policies with British Gas and Homeserve never had this kind of issue previously.

Stay well clear pay the extra and get proper cover as more than likely you will not be covered in the event of a fault or partial or even full breakdown. This company will try their best to worm their way out of fixing and or even sending an engineer out.
    Pay the extra and get proper cover not some {text removed by MSE Forum Team} with opt out clauses . {text removed by MSE Forum Team}
  • mpat
    mpat Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    It has been months and I haven't had the resolution of my demand to refund back my excess and also the money I spent (elsewhere) to get the boiler repaired. This is after their engineer verbally informed my tenant that 'he's sorted out the issue'; but for some strange reason forgot to mention in his report.

So far, there have been tens of emails back and forth - from their front desk and also with Mr H. There have also been the social media agents (from Facebook and from here), who have initially taken this case as 'let me look into this' and then ditched me cold and square in the middle of nothing. From what I conclude, they are just here to waste my time. They have all gone quiet on me, in the end.

1) Does anybody know what further option have I got in the matters of going down legal route ? What process do I need to follow ? Who do I need to speak to (Watchdog ? Trading Standards? Ombudsman?)
    2) I do have a Legal-Advice+Costs covered under my landlord's insurance. Has anybody got any experience they want to share regarding the legal route + expenses covered ??

Regards.
  • vindaloo
    vindaloo Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2018 at 9:41AM
    Options
    Just added my name to the list of disgruntled customers of this outfit. Had my boiler serviced earlier in April, engineer discovered a fault and said he would get the parts ordered and be back in touch, he left without providing me with a service report, fault report or gas safe certificate. Expected them to contact me regarding repair date but about a week later received an e-mail referring to 'our previous conversation' (there hadn't been one) informing me that 'remedial work' was outside the scope of my agreement. I rang to complain that it was not remedial work but a fault, obviously got nowhere and asked for a Manager to telephone me, yes you guessed it no phone call.
    I subsequently read all the adverse comments on here and all over the internet and decided to cut my losses and cancel the contract and my direct t debit. Two weeks on and I have had the expected phone call demanding money as I was informed I couldn't cancel because I had a service.
    I fully expect them to try and reinstall the direct debit and attempt to take the money {text removed by MSE Forum Team}
  • 247homerescue
    Options
    Dear Vindaloo

Thank you for your review. In order to ensure this matter is dealt with promptly and the areas of your complaints are investigated, please would you be kind enough to contact me via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
  • 247homerescue
    Options
    Dear mpat

Thank you for the information you have provided on this forum. Apologies that you have not heard anything further. So that we are able to investigate this matter as soon as possible, please can you contact me on socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Please provide me with your full name, ref number, when and with whom this matter was raised with.

I look forward to your response.

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
  • 247homerescue
    Options
    Dear suky71

Thank you for the information you have provided. When signing up with 24/7 Home Rescue we by law clearly highlight what is covered as part of your service agreement with us in the terms and conditions.

Unfortunately I am unable to clarify why your claim was declined as I have not been able to consider your account.

Please can you contact me at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk please provide me with your full name, contract number and we can engage in this matter further.

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
  • vindaloo
    vindaloo Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Dear Vindaloo

Thank you for your review. In order to ensure this matter is dealt with promptly and the areas of your complaints are investigated, please would you be kind enough to contact me via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue

Thank you for reply Lauren, but I have no desire to email you as I have made my position clear to your company via email and subsequent letter. I have cancelled my agreement and direct debit and just want to put the experience behind me, I have arranged for the repair to be carried out by a local plumber.
    It would be nice to have confirmation that the contract is finished and I will not be harassed for further charges. Contract number WS0104329.
    Regards
  • 247homerescue
    Options
    Dear Vindaloo

As per your conversation with Bradley in our complaints department on the 20/04, you were made aware that the contract has been cancelled and I can confirm that the cancellation fee has been waived for you.

Hope this helps

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback