IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Newbie questions

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I cannot be bothered and I do not want it to go on my file or credit check (which they do)

No, they don't. This can't affect your credit rating without the small matter of you losing in court.

This thread has been a complete waste of time if you are keen to fund the next 3 or 4 PCNs against more vulnerable victims. I would not be able to sleep for doing that...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • doubled1989
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Great to be rich so as to be able to fund these companies so they can continue to pressurise and harass those who are not so well placed as to be able to throw away £100.

Recently widowed ladies who have no one left in their lives to turn to, cancer patients targeted after their chemo sessions that have over-run, OAPs for whom £100 is 2 weeks food budget, who are going to have to subsist on anything that's left in the fridge/cupboard.

Not comfortable thoughts on which to sleep easy.

Okay that is a bit over the top and melodramatic....
  • doubled1989
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Great to be rich so as to be able to fund these companies so they can continue to pressurise and harass those who are not so well placed as to be able to throw away £100.

Recently widowed ladies who have no one left in their lives to turn to, cancer patients targeted after their chemo sessions that have over-run, OAPs for whom £100 is 2 weeks food budget, who are going to have to subsist on anything that's left in the fridge/cupboard.

Not comfortable thoughts on which to sleep easy.
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No, they don't. This can't affect your credit rating without the small matter of you losing in court.

This thread has been a complete waste of time if you are keen to fund the next 3 or 4 PCNs against more vulnerable victims. I would not be able to sleep for doing that...

I said thank you for your help already. Stop being melodramatic. You obviously care so much about this sort of stuff, I do not. I have a good job and a wife, nice house and kids and cannot be bothered to deal with the extra stress that this rubbish comes with. I will sleep fine tonight knowing I got this off my back.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 12 March 2018 at 9:48PM
    Options
    People who pay parking charges, fund the next ones, fund & sponsor the scam. TRUE.

That is a huge shame, awful to join them.
    I have a good job and a wife, nice house and kids

Me too - except I am female and have a husband. I help people in my spare time, to stop people falling for scams like this. You are a very very rare person by saying you want to pay a firm who are spineless.

On the POPLA Decisions thread I showed you a link to a person coping with exactly the same as you, and they are recovering from a stroke yet they can manage to sit tight & not pay a scam, not fund it.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Okay that is a bit over the top and melodramatic....

So is saying your credit rating can be affected (which is a complete falsehood) and you can lose your home, wife, family and job to be fair.
  • doubled1989
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    I think you are making a mistake but I respect your decision. Personally knowing Britannia I wouldn't pay because as I said they don't do court. If they ever started they would also likely go for very low hanging fruit such as multiple "offenders" who ignore paperwork. They are easy pickings in court.

You, on the other hand, would be seen as a difficult target, somebody who has engaged and put up a fight. Judges like people to engage with appealing and look more favourably on people who have engaged. Britannia know that and now so do you.

The chances of them risking a case on you is minimal. What's more is you can keep an eye out and see if they do start chasing easy targets. If they do you can pay then. They can't put the fees up any more. Again they know that and so do you.

Why not check once a quarter for the next 12 months or so to see if they become active? Four times that's all. It takes me less than 20 seconds. That's less than two minutes work a year. £100 for 2 minutes. That's a bargain.

Thank you. Sensible post that is and not rude . I will check, it will be interesting, I will also talk to the nice lady from britannia who goes around the carpark near me (unrelated to this) and have an honest conversation with her. I will keep checking the site and see what happens, I am sure this stuff will cease to exist soon but I do not like dealing with extra and unnecessary hassle which this is and happy to get this off my back and out the way, at the end of the day they are just people doing their job like parking wardens or train ticket inspectors and it just so happens that they will always be hated for it
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    nice lady from britannia
    I sometimes chat with the ladies at my local Waitys, from Britannia. Hilariously deluded bunch.

These are not parking wardens.

This is not a real fine, they are not just doing a job - except they've done a job on you...
  • doubled1989
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    People who pay parking charges, fund the next ones, fund & sponsor the scam. TRUE.

That is a huge shame, awful to join them.

Me too - except I am female and have a husband. I help people in my spare time, to stop people falling for scams like this. You are a very very rare person by saying you want to pay a firm who are spineless.

On the POPLA Decisions thread I showed you a link to a person coping with exactly the same as you, and they are recovering from a stroke yet they can manage to sit tight & not pay a scam, not fund it.

I will not argue but to be fair I think it is pretty unfair to keep her going on in this game when she has said numerous times she is out of her depth, had a stroke, stressed etc and it clearly would be easier to let her pay it and be done with it. And to be fair all that will happen now is a deluge of letters and more stress. If I could get stressed then no wonder what somebody else must be feeling. Lessons learned and all that which I have done. But each to their own.

You help 99% of people very well but I am stubborn, yet I also know when I cannot be bothered to deal with something and it is not worth my time to keep doing this. I apologise but you tried and I thank you for it
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You could just ignore them completely though, it's what we did before POPLA existed.

No action needed, no stress, no replies, just laugh at the threatograms, scam over.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Mrs waamo used to get stressed by tickets and threatograms. Now when she gets a ticket she walks in throws it at me and tells me I've had another ticket to sort out. :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure