PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    fayolle.. you may have done more than me! I delegated lots.. ;)
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Checking in. Boss was awful today. He is having personal problems and he can't leave it at home, he is grumpy, picks fault, checks up on me constantly. Need to develop some broad shoulders and see if it blows over.

Roast done for tea, kitchen cleaned, car hoovered after something got spilt, some work done on job no.2, DS delivered to GFs. Tired now.
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all,
    Im in this week, not played for ages, sorry :o but just started mat leave and now need to be kept on the straight and narrow. In addition to the few bits below from the list I have also batch cooked for the whole fam for the day, sent both DD and DH off with pack ups, changed my bedding before it walked out the room on its own and got tofu out to drain for tea tomorrow:A

Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level One

[STRIKE]Clear and wipe worksurfaces[/STRIKE]
    Scrub down the front of units and large appliances - don't forget those icky handles!

Level Two

Wipe and replace small appliances
    Clean oven and [STRIKE]hob[/STRIKE]
    Wash windows and sills

Level Three

Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Degunge the fridge!

Extras

Thoroughly clean the cutlery drawer!
    Run the WM's and DW's through a clean cycle
    Clean all the filters and door seals etc
    Before you put the cloth in the wash - wipe the catflap!
    [STRIKE]HHI[/STRIKE]
    A new month has started - make sure you have all cards needed!
    On a mission
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 March 2018 at 11:45PM
    Options
    WUALTD
    DW x 1
    TD x 2
    WM x 1

played games (Cards against Humanity!) with my kids this evening. DS made tea.

Am in awe of DS's GF's parents whose youngest child was 'at a friends' - found her in town at MaccyDs at 22:15 - so turned up to get her, thanks to 'find my i phone'. Parent WIN! (she's 14)

Oh I have been a superscrimper today..at asda there are 1l bottles of screenwash redued from £1.50 TO 15p WOOTY WOOTY WOOT WOOT. Bought 6; gave 1 to DD and one to DS's GF and will keep the rest in the shed!

Re paint I tried Crown once and hated it as it was way too gloopy for me. And I unpacked powder paint today, badly packed and damaged. It didn!!!8217;t make for a calm, efficient day in the office.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Well done LW with passing with flying colours

Admiration Dizzy for your wardrobe clear-out

Brilliant painting going on there Pigpen. I've always steered away from blues and greys as find them a little cold in this country.

Dailies and Spanish lesson done
    Dusted right through, top to bottom including all lights
    Most of kitchen done
    Cards bought and one posted
    Bank accounts checked and monies shuffled
    Did online check-ins for our holibobs flights
    Dinner out of freezer for tomorrow

Made a good start on the big bookcase and sorted one shelf properly

If it's gone I've done it or we don't have one

Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Clean oven and hob
    Degunge the fridge!

Triffic TuesdayBathroom blitz....
    Remove towels
    Scrub bath/ shower and don't forget screen and taps
    Polish taps with mf cloth
    Wipe Bath panel
    Douse loo in loo cleaner
    Scrub out loo
    Wipe outside if loo with cloth
    Put loo cloth in wm
    Scrub sink
    Wipe/polish any cabinets
    Polish sink taps
    Vacuum/ mop floor
    Put out clean towels
    Extras
    Remove fly corpses from light fitting
    Clean pelmets and skirting and any dust traps
    Do something nice for those you love
    Work on one (at least) of your challenges...MAD half hour

Hugs, sticks and spoons if you need some
    Hope you all have a super Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had an awful evening yesterday. J had a text from Z's boyfriend's Mum who said that she had turned up there feeling depressed and finding things difficult at home. J went over at 6.30 to fetch her but to cut a long story short she wouldn't come home - she locked herself in her boyfriend's bathroom and it ended up that the Police had to be called in and brought her home.

What I don't like is this was pre-meditated. R is the youngest of 4 and he has 3 sisters; 1 of which is very opinionated and was actually really rude to J telling him to go away as he wasn't helping. J was really calm about everything and called my SIL who is really close to Z and she spoke on the phone and ended up going to the house; she got Z out and they chatted but then Z blanked her out and locked herself back in the bathroom. She was coming up with phrases like 'I need a safe place' etc which she's never spoken like before - the eldest had taken Z and R (boyfriend) out to MacDs for a hot chocolate and they had been gone a long time and Z said that R's mum had said she could stay there? I don't get this as if it were me I'd say she could go for a chat but she needed to be at home with her parents but maybe it's just me? Apparently when J went to fetch her the whole family complete with BFs were there and J said it was like some awful American show like Jeremy Kyle with everyone watching and commenting. What about leaving J to talk to his daughter in private - they were sat on the stairs watching?

When she got back home the Police told her to go upstairs and they had a chat with us and SIL They said they had no worries about her re safeguarding etc (I nearly cried when they said that but managed not to - as if we would ever do anything to our precious girl). They said she is clearly anxious and we are going to take her to the GP to talk about that - she has had counselling in School before but needs some more help. I told them I suffer from anxiety and know the warning signs. They said the rules are too strict and Z wants some flexibility and not to be treated as if she is 10. That probably refers to us wanting her to go to bed at 9.30, lights out at 10 and not have her phone in her bedroom as she chats to R til the early hours and gets up at 6. We need to compromise and so does she. What really shook me is they said sometimes a child can run away, be returned and it be a pattern and then they find somewhere where there's no rules and really bad stuff can happen .... she's very grown up looking, is beautiful and it breaks my heart to think of anything like that.

So today we're off to the GP and need to talk to School. Me and J hardly slept all night so I've got up now to share this with you guys and to do some paid work as I have reports in to do. Can't believe this has happened but it has. We had a chat after Police went which is when she said the idea came back on Friday. We need to meet on middle ground, J needs to not be so strict. He's hurt by all this; looked close to tears and I just held him. I feel sick.

Sorry for ramble.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Mumof2
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ((Hugs)) x a million Mumof2. I can too easily imagine what you are going through. My DD is the same age as your's. X
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Have a huge hug from me Mumof2 xxx

Dizzy - I totally get what you say about a mood slump. I was on top of the world yesterday morning. That all changed when HMRC called me requesting a ‘routine’ VAT meeting in April :eek::(

I am beside myself with worry and it’s 6 weeks away. Barely slept and anxiety through the roof. I know my VAT isn’t perfect, whose is, but if there are any errors they are genuine. Told accountant and begged him to attend with me. Also decided he can do our VAT from now on.

Sorry head full of stuff. Again, biggest of hugs to Mumof2 xxxx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh Mumof2, what an awful situation. Virtual hugs being sent your way. I really hope you can get things sorted. No advice to offer, I'm afraid, just a listening ear. Stay strong xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure