IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC/Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saga

Options

Comments

• speedo76
    Options
    I had a letter a couple of weeks ago and I've gone with what the majority of people on another forum have said and ignored the first 2 letters,I've now had one from a company called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd basically saying if I don't pay what is owed by a certain date they will recommend me to the creditors solicitor and that court action should be taken to recover what I owe. Since then I've had a 2nd letter off Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saying if i don't pay by next week they will get the creditors solicitor to take me to court where I will pay the money outstanding plus court costs,solicitors fees and interest of 8% per annum. Has anyone else had these letters from euro car parks or Debt Recovery Plus Ltd?

Thanks...
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 February 2014 at 12:19AM
    Options
    Yes, everyone you will find when you search this forum for the keyword 'Recovery'. Discussed every day - you don't even need to search, just start at page one instead of staying on this ANCIENT thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

'Ignore' hasn't been the advice for a year unless in NI or Scotland! You wasted your time Googling and reading 2012 advice. By the way if you had read my post immediately above yours you'd have searched the forum by now as I did explain how! '' put in 'Recovery' as a search term, and read all the zillions of other threads about debt collector letters. ''

So...that's obviously still the case.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Joshuahalls
    Options
    Hi there,
    Can you tell me more about your experience with DRP please. I've had a letter off them saying that my case will be passed to the creditors solicitor to commence court proceeding if I do not pay by today.
    Getting a bit nervous but some people say not to reply and others say that laws have changed now and that you can't get away with that.
    Thoughts?
  • neil.net
    neil.net Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,
    Can you tell me more about your experience with DRP please. I've had a letter off them saying that my case will be passed to the creditors solicitor to commence court proceeding if I do not pay by today.
    Getting a bit nervous but some people say not to reply and others say that laws have changed now and that you can't get away with that.
    Thoughts?
    This is a very old thread, read the NEWBIES thread and if you still have queries start your own thread.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi there,
    Thoughts?
    neil.net wrote: »
    This is a very old thread, read the NEWBIES thread and if you still have queries start your own thread.

As above, don't read old out of date information. Read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES at the top of the page. This will answer all of your questions.
    Then start your own thread if you need anything clarified.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • paul_denton
    Options
    How are companies like this allowed to operate.
    They dont seem to follow any rules.
    You try ringing them the only line they pick up is option one ,the payment line.
    My disabled daughter was given a threatening letter to pay a fine it quite clearly is not hers , her vehicle is a white 15 plate Astra the vehicle in question is a Black Bmw 54 plate she was told just pay up.They are just faceless bullies,why have they not been investigated its outrageous.

PAUL DENTON
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,038 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You try ringing them the only line they pick up is option one ,the payment line.
    My disabled daughter was given a threatening letter to pay a fine it quite clearly is not hers , her vehicle is a white 15 plate Astra the vehicle in question is a Black Bmw 54 plate she was told just pay up.They are just faceless bullies,why have they not been investigated its outrageous.

PAUL DENTON

Best to start your own thread for advice, but never ever phone a useless scumbag debt recovery company that have no powers anyway.
    You are perfectly correct about one thing they are bullies.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

PAUL DENTON

Bullies, cretins, plebs, pond life are just a few words we can use.

BUT, why on earth did you let this happen ?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes Paul , the stupid attendent or the defective ANPR equipment got the number wrong

I take it you have EMAILED them and asked for photos

PS:

happy thread resurrection!
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You would need to start your own thread to get any advice.

But no need to ask about debt collectors letters.Ignore them.

Read up in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure