PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th January 2019

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I missed the HHC but I was digging at the allotment. Does that count?! I have some fresh spinach which will somehow become dinner tonight, and some leeks which quite frankly are really spring onions. It was a beautiful morning out there.
    I have also finally cleaned the kitchen surfaces, removed crud from the fridge and freezer seals, and made a supreme effort and cleaned the kitchen floor. I was that close to making an excuse not to though.
    Just grabbing a coffee then I’m off to brave Mr M.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Apologies for not posting yesterday - I had a Meet'n'Greet visit with a new client. Result - Bracken, who is a gorgeous dog, big fella from Dogs Trust, will be coming for his holiday in August.

I also have two more Meet'n'Greets this week, Thursday and Saturday, so I shall be a gibbering wreck by the end of the week!

Have done a load of my washing, also hand-washed some place mats that I made out of the cut-off bit when I shortened the kitchen curtains to fit the window.

Mr Wolf has been to his first of six exercise classes at the hospital - these are for Parkinsons patients, with a view to enabling them to remain mobile and functional. So I don't suppose he'll want to do a lot else for the rest of the day.

I do want to steam-clean the bath lift when I get chance, but there's an A-frame full of washing over the bath currently, so it won't be today.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    that's it, living room immaculate.
    window opened while i worked so fresh air enjoyed.

lunch now
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 January 2019 at 6:24PM
    Options
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    Shirlgirl well done, what do you do? I used to do dressage, badly, many years ago.
    :(

I show dogs. I have a 9 month old puppy that won Best !!!!! (female dog) which is the 2nd time in only 3 championship shows. Crufts next!

The OH wants to start competing at carriage driving and DD2 does intro dressage and 2ft sj. DD1 used to sj at decent heights but she gave up riding last year.

Zero flying and not even dailies here today. Left home at 7am to take relative to hospital walk-in clinic. Arrived home at 2 pm in time to see the dogs and then sort the horses. Realised I'd left the key for the stables at the nursing home in my jacket which is 45 minutes plus away.:mad: Late to collect DD2 from the station. Will be glad when today is over.

Really wanted to do a HHC never mind maybe next time.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have found some GUAG and have cleaned kitchen and bathroom.
    Posted nephew-to-be's birthday card and the PTA lottery licence cheque/invoice (late, as I forgot). Birthday card isn't late though!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 January 2019 at 6:37PM
    Options
    All decs down and in the attic, with many thanks to OH who basically did all the Christmas decorations this year on his own. Extra bedding needed for extra guests all sorted away to near the attic, so the house is back to normal for the first time since before Christmas. It all feels a bit empty, what with one thing and another. Must start on Mount Washmore; mostly bedding because I cleared everything around New Year.

Been to the dentist and had a filling, so my face feels most odd.
    Better is good enough.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Evening all,

I am really tired, was up all last night with DS. It's been a long time since I was up all night with a child! He seems a bit brighter thankfully but still needs the full week off school as they haven't crusted over yet.

Washing all up to date, just need to put clean laundry away, and DW is about to go on. Have lovely evenings all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    HHC. Starting now if anyone want to join me?
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    In my HHC I have......

Put the dishes past
    Stuck a load in the WM
    Emptied the winterdyke
    Gave DD her dinner
    Decluttered the coffee and side tables and dusted them ditto the TV unit.

DD packed off to dancing, I'm just having my dinner now and a cuppa with a bit of Harry Potter then I'll do the lunches for tomorrow.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've just managed to get the hard drive out of my very, very old laptop that needs to go to the tip. Result! If I'd thought to check YouTube videos first it would have been even quicker.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport