PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th January 2019

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Ooh I did a hhc earlier (well 40 minutes, but that's good enough for me)
    First proper sort out of the cellar prior to having to clear it completely.

A car load of stuff was taken to the tip/charity shop and I feel like I've got space to move down there now so I can sort out the rest. Mr Ts have a load of plastic boxes with lids for a decent price at the moment, so think I may invest in those, just need a good think about what we need before I buy - making a list in the bullet journal I think. Job for tonight.

Will need to do my daily jobs this evening post bed time and bring my work things down from the office. hubby needs the office space tomorrow to do his tax return so I'm relegated to the dining room table.

Living room currently looks like a jumble sale with toys everywhere. Grrrr to pants weather.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2019 at 7:37PM
    Options
    Yes please to HHCs :j

Survived my day, home now in pjs and have scoffed leftover macaroni cheese. DS really struggling with his pox :(. DW to go on now, I have run out of laundry powder so WM will have to wait until tomorrow.

Planning an early night x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another yes please to HHCs :T. Mine will have to start tomorrow as I’m irrecoverably attached to the settee now.

I’ve got a banging headache from work so it has just been dinner, WULTD, a quick s&s of the kitchen and setting the DW to run. DH ran the WM when he got in. It only took him 2 phone calls to me at work to get it running on the right setting :rotfl:.
  • notimetospare
    Options
    Evening everyone,

At work all day, but all dailies done.
    Kitchen level 1 achieved ��
    Tea prepared, cooked and eaten
    Dogs walked
    Weekend washing folded and waiting at the bottom of the stairs to be taken up
    Just having a cuppa ☕️ Then will wind down for bed
    Work again tomorrow but then 2 days off ��

See you soon x
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Washing basket empty until the morning (hopefully)
    All dry stuff away, but one load now hung in the bathroom - it's no wonder we have damp. Can't be helped though, no space elsewhere to do it.

Spent half an hour in the office, did a bit more shredding, mostly new stuff, but a smidgen of the backlog.
    Put things away properly.
    Cleared the floor
    Sorted out and brought down my work stuff as I'm relegated to the dining room table to work tomorrow.

Dishwasher has finished so I will empty that before heading up to bed. Will make pizza dough for tomorrow's tea while I'm at it.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 January 2019 at 9:51PM
    Options
    Evening all x

Paid stuff done. Dinner made, decluttered and I've washed up. Christmas stuff deposited in the spare room, I need to get some polyethylene or similar to wrap the tree box in so I can put it down in the pram shed.
    Kitchen bunkers wiped and rubbish binned.
    DD got herself up this morning and had her make up and eyelashes on before I fell out of bed. I of course proceeded to do the same:rotfl: it takes me all my time to wash my face and put my hair up :rotfl: DD now at dancing so I'm expecting her to go to bed quite quickly when she gets in.
    Nipped away from work today to go to the dentist, I've been hit with an approximate bill of £400 :eek:

Off to unpause harry Potter and chill for a bit!

ETA: Valli I'd love the HHC to come back. It was a great motivator knowing someone else was cleaning at the same time.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,671 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Shirlgirl well done, what do you do? I used to do dressage, badly, many years ago.
    One load through dw, ditto WM.
    Went to body Balance and zumba.
    Braved the changing room mirrors in Mat@lan :eek: as I needed bras.
    Checked cc bill and set up payment.
    Did a load of stuff from my deal with emails list.
    Rest of decorations away :(
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Tfoz
    Tfoz Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Big fan of this thread!
    Whoever thought of the Benny Hill music for some mad cleaning is a genius :)
    I'm on a mission to keep my house in some sort of order this year, the lists are brilliant
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning
    Heating and hot water not working again. A call out in for repair again. On the plus side, I slept fairly well which always helps.
    It’s a non work day today, but I have promised a friend that I will go to the allotment with her this morning. I also need to do a grocery shop which isn’t bad as my last proper one was a week before Christmas. Also need to fill the car up with petrol as I couldn’t face it yesterday. In between, I will fly which will keep me warm.
    Have a good day everyone. Back later.
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning. Still almost dark here but I've pegged out a load of washing, hopefully today will be drier than yesterday when it drizzled and was dull all day. No other plans yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure