Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• GentleGiant_2
    Options
    Been pleased with EON for the last year - however now going to have to move to another supplier.

Why?

EON's lowest tariffs do not show on their website.

Sure if I was switching from another supplier I could get the rates, but even with MSE club the EON tariff that Martin mentions in email, which i believe is called 'E.ON Saver Fixed 1 Year v1 Paperless ' is not available to me.

So it's got to be goodbye EON and hello British Gas.

Crazy :(
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Been pleased with EON for the last year - however now going to have to move to another supplier.

Why?

EON's lowest tariffs do not show on their website.

Sure if I was switching from another supplier I could get the rates, but even with MSE club the EON tariff that Martin mentions in email, which i believe is called 'E.ON Saver Fixed 1 Year v1 Paperless ' is not available to me.

So it's got to be goodbye EON and hello British Gas.

Crazy :(

Good morning GentleGiant,

It's shame to read that you want to leave us :(

Malc has posted lot's of information on the collective thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5519605&page=6

You're correct though, it's not on the website or available over the phone.

We're continually looking to develop tariffs and this particular one is aimed exclusively at new customers. This isn't to say we're not also exploring the best ways of looking after our existing customers. We're doing this all the time and continue to offer tariffs and rewards to both new and current customers through our website.

Malc is, as we speak sending feedback to the people that make these decisions.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • However
    Options
    So the new tarriff gets announced and appears on comparison websites as applicable to me, cheaper than V19, but can only be switched via E.On's site. So I try - and I cannot. And now I find that you say it's for new customers only. Well thank you very much. This is unacceptable, unethical and as near as dammit dishonest behaviour. It's also stupid because you are forcing me to switch away from E.On. Do you guys really want to annoy customers (because you're sure going about it the right way), or are you actually no more than incompetent? Beats me. I suggest 'the people that make these decisions' get fired.
    Options
    However wrote: »
    So the new tarriff gets announced and appears on comparison websites as applicable to me, cheaper than V19, but can only be switched via E.On's site. So I try - and I cannot. And now I find that you say it's for new customers only. Well thank you very much. This is unacceptable, unethical and as near as dammit dishonest behaviour. It's also stupid because you are forcing me to switch away from E.On. Do you guys really want to annoy customers (because you're sure going about it the right way), or are you actually no more than incompetent? Beats me. I suggest 'the people that make these decisions' get fired.

Good morning However,

Thank you for your feedback, it's being taken and passed on.

We really don't want to annoy or upset our existing and loyal customers. As I say above Malc has posted further information on the other thread, so that may be worth a look.

Thank you

Helena
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • GentleGiant_2
    Options
    Good morning GentleGiant,

It's shame to read that you want to leave us :(

Hi,

I do not want to leave EON. Not sure why you assume I do.

However you give me no choice!

Unless you are going to pay me the £200+ that British Gas will save me.

I did log a complaint, but was just told to complain to the ombudsman. Not really an answer.
    Options
    Hi,

I did log a complaint, but was just told to complain to the ombudsman. Not really an answer.

That's what I meant really, that you don't feel you have a choice.

I'm sorry you feel this way.

Helena
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Feed back on E-On

Just to add my annoyance with the latest marketing tactic, bringing out a new tariff to compete with MSE collective and then limit it to new customers only.

This is not on, I have been with E-On for over 2 years and like the easy to navigate web site and good customer service, but in order to get a better fixed rate tariff I will have to change supplier.

I think they may live to regret this as they may loose more customers than they gain.

Is it too much to ask for a level playing field, senior management need to reflect on the advert run a few years ago by Nationwide BS about" new customers only" Nationwide dropped that requirement and have gone from strength to strength.

It is said that E -On are continuing to look at new tariffs how about one for existing customers only.
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    Feed back on E-On

Just to add my annoyance with the latest marketing tactic, bringing out a new tariff to compete with MSE collective and then limit it to new customers only.

This is not on, I have been with E-On for over 2 years and like the easy to navigate web site and good customer service, but in order to get a better fixed rate tariff I will have to change supplier.

I think they may live to regret this as they may loose more customers than they gain.

Is it too much to ask for a level playing field, senior management need to reflect on the advert run a few years ago by Nationwide BS about" new customers only" Nationwide dropped that requirement and have gone from strength to strength.

It is said that E -On are continuing to look at new tariffs how about one for existing customers only.

Thank you for the FOREVER21,

I've passed it on to Malc who is collecting this.

Helena
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looks like the worm has certainly turned...

We build 'em up, to knock 'em down.

:cool:
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,

If you do not want to leave Eon, then don't. No one is forcing you. It's entirely your decision. :)

You cannot complain to the ombudsman until you have first complained to the supplier and allowed them at least 8 weeks to resolve your complaint or issue you a deadlock letter. Have they issued you a deadlock letter yet? No. So don't waste your time with the ombudsman.

Furthermore, the ombudsman do not allow complaints based on a supplier's commercial decision (e.g. the prices they decide to charge), so going to the ombudsman in this matter will be a complete waste of time in any event.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback