£150 switch incentive from NatWest (2019)

Options

Comments

• leew
    leew Posts: 726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got a text from Natwest today saying switch has been rejected by Halifax :(

I am not sure why although I did put the wrong 16 number debit card number in when completing the form online.

Does anyone know If that would get me rejected? bizarre really.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    leew wrote: »
    Got a text from Natwest today saying switch has been rejected by Halifax :(

I am not sure why although I did put the wrong 16 number debit card number in when completing the form online.

Does anyone know If that would get me rejected? bizarre really.

Yes. The reason they ask for debit card number is to confirm it's you that's requesting the switch (i.e. for security).
  • leew
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    Yes. The reason they ask for debit card number is to confirm it's you that's requesting the switch (i.e. for security).

Duly thanked... I never knew that! thought it was odd asking me for that but now it makes sense.

I have filled out the form again and this time put the correct 16 digit number in, hopefully that sorts it even though it said on the text to contact Halifax.
  • snooper1975
    Options
    Hello,

I am new hear but long time reader...

I am thinking of switching my Halifax donor account to the Natwest Select and I have a couple of questions to ask the experts, if I may?

1. Do I have to have any direct debits set up on the accounts - I cannot see any mention of this in their terms and conditions
    2. Is it a case of logining into their account either via Online or App
    3. Depositing £1500 until the payment date?

Thanks for any help in advance, particularly on the DD's
  • snooper1975
    Options
    Spoken to Natwest via their Cora online system (which put me through to a human) and the conversation was:

"Do I need any active direct debits on the switching account?"

"There is nothing like that" and then she said

"All you need is to deposit £1500 into the account, log on to our online banking system or app and the bons will be paid by 19th of April 2019"
  • leew
    Options
    Does anyone think Natwest will not honor the bonus seeing as I bank with them already? Reason I ask is they will say its my main account (wages DD's etc go in/out) and it mentions on the terms it can't be your main account.

I've applied again but thinking they will say that :(
  • ESonic
    ESonic Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I've closed my Natwest account around November last year.

If I switch my Loyds account to Natwest now, can I get the switch bonus?

I've never received any bonus from Natwest.
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Anyone else getting the 'error' message when trying to sign up to the digi documents page they link you to when signing up for the account?

yes i called them and they said just send the sign agreement, that the email invitation to upload docs to digidocs is not necessary for my situation ( have been a Nat West customer b4).She said it's an automatically generated email that invites customers to upload docs to digidocs. I gave her what for because i had been holding on to the phone for and age, got through, then i had spent another age b3ing transferred to someone who could help, and that's all she had to say.
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    leew wrote: »
    Does anyone think Natwest will not honor the bonus seeing as I bank with them already? Reason I ask is they will say its my main account (wages DD's etc go in/out) and it mentions on the terms it can't be your main account.

I've applied again but thinking they will say that :(

I don't think they look closely and see if the other account is your main, they're just interested in gaining customers and other banks losing customers.it does say it's available for existing customers, so you should be fine. don't forget to log in to the new account and deposit £1500 from another account, rather than a nat west internal transfer, all before that date that they say in march.
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    ESonic wrote: »
    I've closed my Natwest account around November last year.

If I switch my Loyds account to Natwest now, can I get the switch bonus?

I've never received any bonus from Natwest.

That should be fine because they say shouldn't have had switch bonus between Oct 2017 and Dec 2018 and you haven't, so yep you're okay to get a bonus.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure