Finally getting sorted

Options

Comments

• JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, £180 extra will make a massive difference to your debt! What a nice surprise considering you thought there was only £50 in there.

Keep your chin up, you're doing a great job.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Wow, £180 extra will make a massive difference to your debt! What a nice surprise considering you thought there was only £50 in there.

Keep your chin up, you're doing a great job.

Thank you.

Popped into £land whilst I was out and bought another tin and have started to fill it up. Would be nice to open it in a few months and find £200 to clear off the card and loan.

I'm surprised by how much was in the tin. Previously this is money that would have been "wasted" on stuff that I don't need. Really determined to clear this debt but to be honest even just without the credit card I would find things so much easier to manage
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Getting ready for work. Had a spendy day yesterday as got petrol but was only £18 instead of the usual £30. Shouldn't need anything else the next few days.
    Officially I can withdraw my £50 spends money today but still have £10 in my purse and although I do need to go to Tesco it's not urgent so will leave it in the bank a bit longer.

Picked up some extra hours next week but then one of my patients passed away yesterday so now my hours have dropped although the boss said we will still be paid. We don't usually though so am not banking on it.

Anyway aim is to keep the £10 in my purse as long as possible
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Sorry to keep posting. Hopefully on payday I will be able to make my emergency fund up to £1000. The end plan is to save as much as possible but need to get this debt paid. Credit card then loan then car overpayments.
    I have a few things I currently pay monthly
    Car insurance
    Prescription certificate and will also have an mot and car tax. I predict I need £550 to pay these in full so going to try and save it up so I can pay them in full when there due.
    I need this by october so will probably pay as much of the credit card as possible until June then start saving again.
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Always keep posting I find it keeps my head and straight and narrow before xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Can't stop worrying about money. Keep checking online banking 3-4 times a day even though I can't do anything else now until payday.

I have nothing to show for all this money I've spent other than my car. It's just been wasted on rubbish.
    Feel so stupid for getting in this mess.
    Roll on payday only 11 days to go.
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Just when I thought I was getting somewhere. Work are paying for me to do a course over the next 18 months ( I won't get a pay rise for doing it as they are paying the college fees but I can use it if I change jobs in the future) only problem is I need to get a laptop to do all the work on. I know nothing about technology but can guarantee it won't be cheap. The only option I have is to put it on the credit card but I really want to avoid doing that.. :( just don't know what to do
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Went to Tesco this evening and picked up my prescription and spent nothing despite looking at expensive shampoos and cheesecake. Tried to get my weekly spends money out of the cash machine but it had no £10 notes so just got £40 out and paid £10 off the credit card. The £10 left from last week has been put in the sealed tin.

Payday next Friday but hopefully the payslip should be emailed to me Wednesday so I can work out my money :T:T:j
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Ok 9 days till payday but am looking forward to next Wednesday. We will get our payslips emailed next Wednesday and I will be able to organise my budget for the next four weeks. I have a rough plan but until I know my exact wages I can't work out my overpayments.

Got a letter from the bank this morning and the £50 overpayment I made from my sealed tin has saved me £8.31 in interest. Not life changing but better in my pocket:rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Do not be tempted to take a repayment holiday, they will add extra interest which will double your interest added to the account.

As the interest rate on your credit card is so high, concentrate on paying this off........then tackle the loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure