Munchin's Marvellous Debt Busting Diary

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you have a lovely day out at the beach tomorrow.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good luck with your interview Munchin! Hope you enjoyed your night out :)
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks Lilith & HHD.

Went and saw Joanna Lumley last night in her 1 woman show. It was a great night out and she was lovely and interesting. Didn’t get off to the best start when OH got in from work and said ‘Ur driving as you are still doing Stoptober’. He’s already broken his alcohol ban. We got to the venue to park and guess who forked out the £7.50 parking ....moi!!. He is just being a selfish & thoughtless git at the moment. I’m not taking depression as an excuse as he won’t get help.

Today’s walk isn’t looking great as it is wet and miserable outside. Pup is pretending he doesn’t need loo so he doesn’t have to go out into wet:)
    I watched the Andrew Marr show this morning as prep for interview tomorrow. I’m not nervous at the moment but tomorrow could be a totally different story.

Tomorrow is going to be spendy because I need to pay for 2 lots of parking for the interview. I agreed to meet friends for coffee before the interview and I need diesel. These NSDs are sometimes very hard to come by :o.
  • Munchin
    edited 8 October 2018 at 4:45PM
    Options
    Weekly spends - w/c 07th Oct

Sun 7 - NSD
    Mon 8 - £10.15 (Tesco)
    Tues 9 -
    Wed 10 -
    Thurs 11 -
    Fri 12 -
    Sat 13 -

Total - £xx

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Found you and subscribed!

Goals looking good. And I think you do very well with your NSDs!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi SSG

My goodness, what a day. Interview over and done with and not sure how I did. I managed to sneakily see that there were 5 people in for the post, before the manager hid the sheet. These interviews are supposed to be 'informal chats' but managers are worried about people taking cases against them so they are really formal. Honest to goodness I thought I was sitting a promotion board rather than a side ways move. I was a bit nervous when I walked in but really there wasn't much else I could say. I should hear tomorrow or Wed.

I had to pop to Tesco's before interview as I had a bit of a stain issue and had to do a quick clean up job before I arrived at interview. Spent just over £10...could do better!!

I've had to park the car today in Belfast and it's a fair trek from work which is good for my steps and for cheaper parking, so all in it has cost me £4.60 in parking which really isn't bad for the city centre and was a total fluke that I managed to get the space.

I'm waiting for traffic to ease before I venture home in the car.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    NSDs can be impossible some days so you have to aim for LSDs at those times.

I hope you get the job.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Hope you hear back about the job soon :)
  • Munchin
    Options

Morning

Oops yesterday I frittered £7.15 on my lunch :o. I really took a notion for a salad and I hadn't bought a new lettuce as I had one already. I brought it out and it appears I had the lettuce for about 3 weeks and it really wasn't good. I'm surprised it hadn't sprouted legs and walked out of the fridge. I know that's just an excuse but I bought a massive salad in a local deli and some crisps but I still have 1/2 the salad for today. I know I could have saved myself almost £7 if I'd looked at the food in my fridge before I went shopping. The salad was delicious though :).

Still no word on the job but even though they want the job filled quickly they still have to rely on a private HR contractor issuing the successful/non successful letters. I really should hear today.

Last night I went to yoga and although I love it, I find it tough leaving the house once I'm home in the evening. I'm going with my sister tonight to her son's school event. Normally my Mum goes with her but she's busy.... I could see it far enough.

I'm suffering from a general blah at the moment and I don't know if it's the weather, the early morning or what is going on with me. At this point my therapist would be shouting 'self-care' but although I wish I could take a duvet day when I felt a blah day I really couldn't see the HR peeps accepting that as a valid excuse. I will try and leave work early today.

Weekly spends - w/c 07th Oct

Sun 7 - NSD
    Mon 8 - £10.15 (Tesco)
    Tues 9 - £7.15 (lunch) & £40 (yoga)
    Wed 10 -
    Thurs 11 -
    Fri 12 -
    Sat 13 -

Total - £57.30

• Lilith1980
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling "blah". I tend to feel like that more at this time of year and start reflecting on things more than usual.I I hope work get in gear and let you know soon :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure