Crafty Bargain of the Day!

Options

Comments

• The_Cre8tor
    Options
    Great bargain, Glynisrose! Very good luck with the sewing - you'll both be able to make Christmas ornaments which will last a lifetime and have such beautiful, lasting memories for your great niece.

Battybird wrote: »
    There is a website cardcraftplus.co.uk and at the bottom of the page you can order a free catalogue. I've never read the catalogue so don't know what is in it. At the top of the homepage, if you click on the word Inspirations, you can read about the shop. Sorry I can't do links. (unless my son is here to do it for me!)

I remember the first time I visited the shop and talking to a lady who was filling shelves. I said to her that I bet she spent most of her wages buying craft. She grinned and said that she owned the shop. :D

Pareroo, still not had the chance to visit Llandudno. For future reference, are the craft shops (and other shops) open on a Sunday?

Thank you for the link BattyBird. I spent ages on their website looking for the Ranger Melting Pot and some of the Cosmic Shimmer Ultra Thick Embossing Crystals to go with it, but couldn't find it anywhere. I ended up calling them on the phone (number at the top of the page on the website) and the lovely girl on the phone told me that they didn't have it in stock there where the website is based because that's purely for mail order, BUT ... she gave me the telephone number of the shop:- 01772 880852 and told me to give them a call when I told her about how you'd bought the Melting Pot from the store.

Called the store - wonderful gal called Clair spoke to me and told me that the Melting Pot was on offer until this weekend, and although it wasn't on the website, she could get it sent to me. When I asked about the postage costs she said it was free postage.

I ordered the Melting Pot and some of the Ultra Thick Embossing Crystals, (they're £9.99), and all with free p&p.

Want to say a BIG THANK YOU BattyB for sharing your bargain and all the details for the shop and website! It's only because you shared the joy that I'm joining you in being the proud owner of a melting pot, because I just couldn't justify the cost of the full price item. Your bargain put it into the magical, little bit more affordable range. (In fact I bought the melting pot and the ultra thick crystals for less than I would have had to pay for the pot alone!).

If you were here right now I'd be hugging you and doing the fashionable kiss on both cheeks! lol

I love this thread. :)
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
  • Battybird
    Battybird Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 10 October 2013 at 10:30PM
    Options
    The Cre8or, sending you a virtual hug right back.So glad you got one, and with free postage, fantastic. All the staff in the shop are lovely.

( And now Father Christmas may be able to fetch you something else?) :D

Edited to ask, do you know that if you want to use Beeswax in the melting pot, you would be wise to buy a project pan. This is a metal tray that fits inside the pot. I've been told that if you put Beeswax directly in the melting pot, there is a risk of overheating.
  • The_Cre8tor
    Options
    The Cre8or, sending you a virtual hug right back.So glad you got one, and with free postage, fantastic. All the staff in the shop are lovely.

( And now Father Christmas may be able to fetch you something else?) :D

Edited to ask, do you know that if you want to use Beeswax in the melting pot, you would be wise to buy a project pan. This is a metal tray that fits inside the pot. I've been told that if you put Beeswax directly in the melting pot, there is a risk of overheating.

Ah .. yes know about getting the other pans for Beeswax (and another for food use too.).
    I didn't buy the Beeswax until I've tried out the Ultra Thick Embossing Crystals. Thought I'd learn to walk before trying to run. lol.

I'm so looking forward to it arriving. Can't wait to have a play and am still filled with huggable thanks for you sharing your lovely bargain buy details. TC. x
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
  • craftymummyof3
    Options
    free delivery at blacksheepwools.com until the 22/10.:j
  • Scrapmate
    Options
    Ah .. yes know about getting the other pans for Beeswax (and another for food use too.).
    x

Could you use a small foil dish (the sort you get with savoury pies or mince pies) inside the pan you have, for beeswax?
    Use your stuff challenge 50/50
  • Battybird
    First Anniversary
    edited 21 October 2013 at 1:03AM
    Options
    Had a day out at Fleetwood yesterday and visited the Freeport shopping centre. They have a lovely craft shop called Craft Central. I bought some sizzix original dies for half price.

However, I wish I had known to go next weekend instead, as next Saturday and Sunday, there is 20% off everything! There's also going to be craft demos. Can't remember if the assistant said the demos where just on Saturday or both days. (I'm having to console myself by thinking that if I'd gone next weekend, the sizzix dies may have already sold out.)

(and I think the shop used to run a scheme where card holders got 10% off. I think they've stopped the card, and now everything is priced 10% off to all customers. Then you'll get the 20% off that price.)

If anyone decides to go for a day out, don't forget to visit the market. One stall holder has 2 big stalls jammed full of knitting yarn, haberdashery and some craft. There is also a big craft shop near the library.
  • glynisrose
    Options
    If you have one of those oil burners that are like a little stove with a ceramic pan on the top, you can use them to melt UTE powder and metallic embossing powders you just need one of those little foil pie tins and a supply of tea lights......
  • The_Cre8tor
    Options
    Scrapmate wrote: »
    Could you use a small foil dish (the sort you get with savoury pies or mince pies) inside the pan you have, for beeswax?

Hello Scrapmate! I was going to say that I wasn't sure ... but Glynisrose has given a far more positive answer! Thanks for the great info. Glynis!

Batty ... I want to move house and come and live next door to you. I have no neighbours who are crafty and no one in the family has any inclination to be so (despite my trying REALLY hard to get them doing something or other) .. so I'm moving next door to you! (lol)
  • Battybird
    First Anniversary
    edited 24 October 2013 at 3:26AM
    Options

Batty ... I want to move house and come and live next door to you. I have no neighbours who are crafty and no one in the family has any inclination to be so (despite my trying REALLY hard to get them doing something or other) .. so I'm moving next door to you! (lol)

How my sons and Hubby will laugh when I read them this tomorrow. I think I've typed on here before that I'm not actually a crafter, I'm a fascinated by craft, and mess about but not actually making anything, person.

If you lived next door to me you could certainly borrow quite a bit of stuff, I have quite a lot of dies. And no, we're certainly not rich. Most of the stuff I buy is from carboot sales, unless I spend Christmas or birthday money. (my one downfall has been buying an Accucut machine with 61 dies from a local lady, for a bargain price.)

I've found some real bargains at car boot sales, recently bought 5 quilling dies for 50p each! I don't think I've ever bought any card or paper from a shop, all bought at car boot sales. I recently bought a large zipped case containing over 300 beautiful different print on each side, 12x12 thin card for £5. I also buy rolls of wallpaper from Charity shops for 20p or 50p for die cutting.

My nearish neighbour is really crafty, and does cardmaking and decopatch. She's decopatched a nest of second hand coffee tables and they're beautiful. (I'll let you know if the house next door to her comes up for sale.) :D:D:D

( Edited to add if anybody reading this decides to buy cheap wallpaper for die cutting, I think the paper will have a copyright so you wouldn't be able to sell any cards with the wallpaper on???)
  • The_Cre8tor
    Options
    How my sons and Hubby will laugh when I read them this tomorrow. I think I've typed on here before that I'm not actually a crafter, I'm a fascinated by craft, and mess about but not actually making anything, person.

If you lived next door to me you could certainly borrow quite a bit of stuff, I have quite a lot of dies. And no, we're certainly not rich. Most of the stuff I buy is from carboot sales, unless I spend Christmas or birthday money. (my one downfall has been buying an Accucut machine with 61 dies from a local lady, for a bargain price.)

I've found some real bargains at car boot sales, recently bought 5 quilling dies for 50p each! I don't think I've ever bought any card or paper from a shop, all bought at car boot sales. I recently bought a large zipped case containing over 300 beautiful different print on each side, 12x12 thin card for £5. I also buy rolls of wallpaper from Charity shops for 20p or 50p for die cutting.

My nearish neighbour is really crafty, and does cardmaking and decopatch. She's decopatched a nest of second hand coffee tables and they're beautiful. (I'll let you know if the house next door to her comes up for sale.) :D:D:D

( Edited to add if anybody reading this decides to buy cheap wallpaper for die cutting, I think the paper will have a copyright so you wouldn't be able to sell any cards with the wallpaper on???)

Right, that's my mind made up ... I'm packing a bag and DEFINITELY coming to live next door to you! Whenever I've gone to car boot sales I can honestly, truthfully say that I've never ever managed to buy anything remotely resembling craft stuff. Never! Now you, on the other hand, have the magic touch and obviously find it by the bucket load ... so that's my mind made up. I'm on my way.

Put the kettle on gal pal. :) lol.~ T.C. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure