Recommeded; YBS and Kent Reliance

Options
Amongst all these tales of woe and dropped rates, can I recommend the cash ISAs from Yorkshire Building Society (4.9%) amd Kent Reliance (4.96% Direct ISA). Neither of which have dropped their rates in the current round of cuts.

I transferred my ISA and TOISA to these building societies during 2005 and found the transfer process to be as smooth as silk & CS very good.

No doubt they will both now drop their rates!
Ethical moneysaver

Comments

• RichyRich
    RichyRich Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I can also recommend YBS (although have no experience of Kent Reliance) - customer service has always been very good, but unfortunatly no branch down here in Cambridge :(
    #145 Save £12k in 2016 Challenge: £12,062.62/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £5,027.78 CHALLENGE MET
    #060 Save £12k in 2017 Challenge: £11,03.70/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £12,976.79 Shortfall: £996.30:eek:
    This is the secret message.
  • alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Options
    I`ll second K&R

http://www.krbs.co.uk/
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    alared wrote:
    I`ll second K&R

http://www.krbs.co.uk/

Me too. I put my 2004 cash in there - it's still there :)
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • baldbloke_2
    baldbloke_2 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    RichyRich wrote:
    I can also recommend YBS (although have no experience of Kent Reliance) - customer service has always been very good, but unfortunatly no branch down here in Cambridge :(

The Britannia BS act as an agent for the Yorkshire BS and you can apply in branch for any of the YBS accounts etc. There is a Britannia branch in Cambridge according to their site.
    I had a Yorkshire 1yr Rollover Bond last year which was available through the Britannia branch here in Norwich.
    I agree that the YBS seem to be a very good BS to deal with and they have a good range of accounts and Bonds etc.
  • steady__eddie
    steady__eddie Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Options
    I thank you for that info. about the Yorkshire/Britannia tie-up Baldbloke, I wished I'd have known that a couple of hours ago before I did a 20 mile round trip to a Yorkshire agency. Kent have still got an I.S.A. of mine which I transferred a few years ago.
    I was a little disappointed some years ago with Yorkshire when I applied for an e-I.S.A. on April the 6th. After 2 weeks of waiting I had received nothing through the post so I gave in and went elsewhere. The reason apparently was due to "unprecedented demand", for god sake what do these people expect at that time of the tax year ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure