Time to mend and make do, beg, borrow and barter.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great going :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Thanks Beanie I know its utterly ridiculus but closing that overdraft was a real breathe breathe breathe moment. I've had both of them for the best part of 15 years or more.

Proper big girl stuff.

:D
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done :D Amazing that the OD has gone :D

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Wooo hooo to closing the overdraft. I've not used my overdraft in years, but I still can't close them, just in case something goes wrong with my money shuffling. Scary to think I could take £1100 of the bank's money without them even asking me why.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • beanielou
    Options
    Yes, my OD is an awesome amount.
    I could no way pay it back.
    Nor my CC if I was at the limit.
    More than half my annual income :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Well done :D Amazing that the OD has gone :D

x

Thanks me dear I hope you and yours are well. :A
    Wooo hooo to closing the overdraft. I've not used my overdraft in years, but I still can't close them, just in case something goes wrong with my money shuffling. Scary to think I could take £1100 of the bank's money without them even asking me why.

Aye totally get that - I won't get rid of the other one - but I'm in the process of closing this account eventually, I don't need two current bank accounts anymore. I'm hoping to sneak the other ever more into the black and keep the OD there for similar (hopefully never needed) emergencies.
    beanielou wrote: »

I hear you for sure. I'm about the same with both cards. Its scary to think what they do allow you to have access too.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bonnie day out there but my oh my is it brrrr-tastic. The poor dug could see his breath in the garden.

Morning world.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Morning campers.

Up with the larks, or possibly before them. If only this early morning stuff was not post jet lag and I could sustain it.

More of the epic list done :) and I've done a -garden-ninja-fly-lady-esk 15 minute mega hoe in one section of the garden - raked and will clear that up later. Two sections done - many more to go. Lucky I love it eh?

Washing is out and dogs fed and been out.

Need to get organised for later - taking lots of home food for a bitsabuffet tonight in our wee getaway. Chum is coming HUZZAH. DD is also extracting herself from the city.

*Perfect*

I have hair stuff and will beautificationesk myself later - got a 2 for £10 deal so very MSE. I may even take the nail scissors out later and go mega and trip my hair ends. If that's not pushing the boat out too much.

Had a lovely parcel yesterday of DIY sushi kit. All with reduced stickers (except the smoked fish which was still cold....ponders my chums wizardry) - how lovely eh.

Sent off a suitably silly b'day card to me bro who's on the 1st of May.

DS cleared out a bag for the charity shop so best try and rehome that later and the dump pile is ever growing.

*still not managed to paint the table due to showers* - we'll see what today brings.

With change of employer - not sure when we'll be paid this month the other lot paid on the last day.

Online shop came last night so we have food and supplies.

First things first - gotta get sorted and get the pesky car to the garage.

I'm trying more actively practise gratitude (GP I do love your daily ones) so I'm reflecting on yesterday, knowing me it will be sporadic but I am trying.

Very grateful for

Time with my son and my partner over lunch, catching up and just giggles.
    Stamps so old they feel like they are free and their ability to feel more connected with dear friends.
    Leftovers - I don't think I'll ever tire of chicken sandwiches, butter and salt.
    Walks as the sun goes down with the hounds and my boy.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »

Scary indeed, you've just made me add in the credit on cards too, cards plus od is more than my current,'garunteed' income. Ouch!
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Ouchy indeed. Morning lovely. Stuff to think about eh?

Well blow me I've only gone and painted the table and benches. First coat is a drying.

More washing to hang out. Heading to garage in a half hour or so can do a wee pick of chores before then.

Happy Birthday to Cheery too :) nice month for b'days :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Washing has been in & out.
    Started raining heavily here.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure