Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Options

Comments

• HopeAndDriftWood
    Options
    Hi :)
    I should so be asleep....
    Ah well, how did the storage hunt go? I badly need some too!
    Signature down for maintenance :rotfl:
  • Popkins
    Popkins Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    I don't really have room for an expedit let alone 2 altho I would love one!!! I've got a Lack but definitley need something else so been measuring up - tbh I really need a bigger work surface so trying to think of cheap options!! I want something that I can work at but standing up not sitting down so needs to be higher than a desk - maybe it would be best to just buy kitchen worktop & have it built in and then have storage under but it needs to be cheap so if I have to pay someone to install it thats a problem!!
  • HopeAndDriftWood
    Options
    I have no space at all....if you move in here you are stepping on someone or something, and if you stand still you are in the way, lol. It's dreadful...

I'm counting down the hours til postman....11 left! Haha. I've never been so exciting over pens!
    Signature down for maintenance :rotfl:
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    Hassy wrote: »
    Hello everybody
    Hope you don't mind me joining in.
    I have been following the site for a long time and have just plucked up the courage to put fingers to key board... I have seen a post by The Wife asking about Hunkydory, they actually have a shop newly opened in Preston, their wbsite is cardcraftplus.co.uk I am afraid I am not computer literate enough to have a blog site or able to post links etc.. :-( . I have been making cards for about a year now, just for interest as a hobby to give them to friends and family. I have had a good reaction to them, hope people aren't just being polite??? and I love all the creations you do, you are all very talented and have been a great help for my inspiration and answering questions that others have put on the thread, thank you all :-D
    I do hope that there is no restriction on this post because I know that as a newby some info isn't allowed, so whether this will be edited or not I don't know, but hopefully not as I am hoping to help The Wife with her query.
    Sorry to waffle on.....

Hassy, thank you for that info, I like what I've seen of Hunkydory, the kit I had was very good quality. Jump on in here with a loud splash, it's a nice place to be at anytime of the day and the peeps on here will always help out if they can.
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• THE-WIFE_3
    Options
    Popkins wrote: »
    I don't really have room for an expedit let alone 2 altho I would love one!!! I've got a Lack but definitley need something else so been measuring up - tbh I really need a bigger work surface so trying to think of cheap options!! I want something that I can work at but standing up not sitting down so needs to be higher than a desk - maybe it would be best to just buy kitchen worktop & have it built in and then have storage under but it needs to be cheap so if I have to pay someone to install it thats a problem!!

Popkins that's exactly what I did, I can't sit and craft, it's to do with my eye sight so I prefer to stand. OH put in a long kitchen work top, plenty of room says he :D Shelves above for the printer and scanner. I treated myself to the Really Useful Storage units for the boxes I had and bought more which the spendy elves have steadily filled up for me which is so kind of them! There's plenty of room for two adults to works or two little grandaughters who each have a spot that they like to work at. One spot has the bling box underneath and the other had the ribbon box, I'm teaching them young like a good nanny should. He he! With OH being on very early shifts, he's up between 1-2am, it means I've got my escape pod, dog at my feet, Skinny Cow hot choccie in the flask and I'm happy! The only thing I can't use is the my Nesties Wizard machine but I've got my Promarkers now and they don't make a noise.
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• Popkins
    Options
    well yes... I'm still up!!! doing well with my craft room tho!!! can't believe how much stuff I've got - tbh its a bit like going shopping cos I'm finding allllll kinds of treasures!! Anyhoo must go and have a brew & some brekkie - I'm starvin marvin!!!

and then back to it - don't want to halt the progress!!!

Hassy - newbies always welcome!!!
  • THE-WIFE_3
    Options
    I have no space at all....if you move in here you are stepping on someone or something, and if you stand still you are in the way, lol. It's dreadful...

I'm counting down the hours til postman....11 left! Haha. I've never been so exciting over pens!

Saucy, you will love them, you're not going to believe this but........... there I was last night with the various brown tones matching them up with the dog as he's got such lovely colours in his coat :o:o:o
    Sad or what?

• THE-WIFE_3
    Options
    Morning! Popkins! It's not raining so off to walk the brown tones doggie!

• Popkins
    Options
    THE-WIFE wrote: »
    Saucy, you will love them, you're not going to believe this but........... there I was last night with the various brown tones matching them up with the dog as he's got such lovely colours in his coat :o:o:o
    Sad or what?

Morning - made me chuckle!!! as mad as me spending the entire night trying to sort & organise my room - & still not done!! Getting there tho... feel like I've been saying that for ages!! My hubby popped his head round the door before he went to work & :o he spied the pink Cuttlebug (that I hadn't mentioned buying) must've slipped my mind!!! :rotfl:He just laughed!! & said issssss that a PINK cuttlebug I spy? oh well I'll cancel the order for the cricut then... AS IF!!!!
  • MrsBsBlog
    Options
    WOW, the threads got a new home. I`m going to try and catch up later with the posts on this thread, but have to do a few things first.
    But was wondering if the Mother`s Day card challenge was still going. I`ve posted my card on my blog this morning and hope it hasn`t closed, but if i`m too late, never mind. Have to go and give the boys a kick start, as always too much play and talk and no closer to getting sorted for school. Hoping to catch you all later.
    Grocery Challenge 2010 £400 each month
    January £377.67 February £375.18 March £355.43
    April £506.23 May £381.04 June £88.58
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills