IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Premier Park - Brixham

Options

Comments

• RobinofLoxley
    Options
    Old_Eyes wrote: »
    The land is owned by the council. Makes no mention of Premier Park.

Title absolute 1 (12.09.2011) PROPRIETOR: THE COUNCIL OF THE BOROUGH OF TORQUAY of Town Hall, Torquay TQ1 3DR.

Is the car park in question definitely the 'Marina Car Park'? There are 2 car parks there, the one actually closest to the marina is the council owned 'Breakwater Car Park' and the multi story one across the road is the 'Marina Car Park' owned by MDL Marinas who own the Marina itself.

MDL Marinas also own Torquay Marina car park which has had many cases on this forum and both are infested by PremierPark.

5pqwb7.jpg
    Marina car park signs.

4ki2r7.jpg
  • Old_Eyes
    Options
    Is the car park in question definitely the 'Marina Car Park'? There are 2 car parks there, the one actually closest to the marina is the council owned 'Breakwater Car Park' and the multi story one across the road is the 'Marina Car Park' owned by MDL Marinas who own the Marina itself.

MDL Marinas also own Torquay Marina car park which has had many cases on this forum and both are infested by PremierPark.

5pqwb7.jpg
    Marina car park signs.

4ki2r7.jpg

This car park is definitely Brixham Marina and I was originally under the impression it was, as you say, owned by MDL marinas.

However, the freehold title (DN615127), is listed as follows:

(12.09.2011) The Freehold land shown edged with red on the plan of the above title filed at the Registry and being Marina Car Park, Berry Head Road, Brixham.

Whether or not MDL own a lease on this plot of land, I could not establish that. Yet.
  • Old_Eyes
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    If you have not yet submitted your POPLA appeal, add another point that the land in question is Council-owned, therefore (whatever the operator says about it) the land is not 'relevant land' as defined in the POFA 2012. And therefore, the registered keeper cannot be held liable. Then show an embedded image of the entry/and or map you got from the Land Registry where it names the Council as landowners.

You can't add new stuff if you've already submitted a POPLA appeal, BTW; they won't let you.

Thanks CM, for those two tips. I haven't submitted just yet as I want to get as much for the case as possible.
  • Old_Eyes
    Options
    In fact I've looked again at Land Registry

Address:
    Marina Car Park
    Berry Head Road
    Brixham

Tenure:
    Freehold

If a lease had been granted, then this would need to be registered too. I'll get to the bottom of this one.
  • RobinofLoxley
    Options
    Maybe MDL Marinas lease the car park from the council.
  • Old_Eyes
    Options
    Maybe MDL Marinas lease the car park from the council.

That seems most likely. I've managed to acquire a copy of the lease. But have to wait in the post.
  • Old_Eyes
    Options
    On the front page of the POPLA appeal, it asks for Motorists Name. The newbie thread says not to provide that, but these appear to be mandatory fields.

Whose details should be submitted - the keeper? Who is certainly not liable?

Their phone number? Who does not wish to be contact.

I'm assisting on their behalf etc

many thanks in advance
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    and the answer (aS USUAL) is in the newbies STICKY THREAD and also in other posts by COUPON-MAD on this topic

in short

THE APPEAL IS SAVED AS A PDF AND UPLOADED UNDER OTHER on the popla website

there is no need to answer anything other than THE KEEPER and I dont see why any valid telephone number should be provided either

no paperwork is filled in , so the popla pages are irrelevant as they are not used
  • Old_Eyes
    Options
    Thanks Redx
  • Old_Eyes
    Old_Eyes Posts: 31 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2017 at 11:13AM
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    and the answer (aS USUAL) is in the newbies STICKY THREAD and also in other posts by COUPON-MAD on this topic

in short

THE APPEAL IS SAVED AS A PDF AND UPLOADED UNDER OTHER on the popla website

there is no need to answer anything other than THE KEEPER and I dont see why any valid telephone number should be provided either

no paperwork is filled in , so the popla pages are irrelevant as they are not used

But what postcode? Make one up?

I realise what the newbie thread says, which is what I referred to, it was more about the actual content.

For instance - if a [EMAIL="keeper@email.co.uk"]keeper@email.co.uk[/EMAIL] is added, would I miss out on emailed info about the case?! Presumably I should make up a vague address.

But what postcode? Make one up?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport