• titchthepunkess
    Options
    Hi, Can I join please ?

I aim to buy 3 lunches (on butty Friday :) ) so 16/19 home lunches

Thanks

Nics
  • eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Can I join please? No bought lunches for the whole of august (including payday!!!):beer:
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • danothy
    danothy Posts: 2,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Managed to bring my lunch in today, off to a good start.
    If you think of it as 'us' verses 'them', then it's probably your side that are the villains.
  • Rachel021967
    Rachel021967 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Kids and I fed and watered before we went out this afternoon. So that's 2 days without a shop lunch.
  • MacsReturns
    MacsReturns Posts: 335 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 8:16PM
    Options
    Good luck to all with the challenge - I visit too infrequently to join in, but I'll happily share a tip or two from my own 'lunch challenge'.

I realised that my habit of 'popping out' for a sandwich, samosa and slice every day was getting a bit steep (not to say unhealthy and fattening!) Bit by bit I trained myself to wake up five minutes earlier :eek: and make a packed lunch for work. This helped bring down the £3 to £5 daily expense. Maybe a couple of loaves a week, and some filling... but I was also buying muesli bars, adding another couple of quid a week. Cut those out in favour of bananas (only £1 for a week)... Then I joined the Coop to get divi (my village shop is a Coop...) added a Coop member's credit card for extra cashback. THEN I discovered TasteRadar (see thread in 'Surveys' section). With £25 a month to spend on fresh fruit and veg, that now covers my daily lunch of a banana or apple, some grapes, a tomato or two, and reduced my sandwich element. I also discovered when the Co-op mark down their bread, so weekly bread and rolls is only about £1, too. I think I'm now getting paid to eat lunch everyday :D I'm sure the weight will come off eventuallly :o

HTH and remember you can save money AND eat more healthily :beer:
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone - Thoreau
  • MrGreen
    MrGreen Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    #9 - d3mon4ngel, #10 - nodwah, #11 - Jamrock, #12 - swampduck, #13 - titchthepunkess, #14 - eleanor73

You've all been added to the list, Good luck.
    Nearly debt free
  • MrGreen
    MrGreen Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kids and I fed and watered before we went out this afternoon. So that's 2 days without a shop lunch.
    That's what we do when we go out, today we had lunch at home, then took a bottle of diluted squash with us to the park, on the way we popped into Tesco and got a 8 pack of fab for 99p, the kids were entertained and had ice cream for 99p, so a great cheap afternoon.
    Nearly debt free
  • josephine82
    josephine82 Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Can you add me please for August?
    0 bought lunches for me this month!
    Debt free as of 2 October 2009
    Mortgage free as of 27 March 2024
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    No lunch bought yesterday, though didn't bring packing up so just went without. Surprising how well SQL can keep my mind off food :D

No packing up brought again today, though no excuse as I was up in plenty of time :( Hopefully can keep myself busy enough to keep my mind off it again.
    ::: Total Paid Since LBM (27/05/10): £4639.85 Official Debt Gone!! :T :::
    :A
    That money talks, I don't deny, I heard it once, it said "Goodbye"
    ~ VSP2011: #104 ~
  • 415SanFran
    415SanFran Posts: 743 Forumite
    Options
    Yesterday was a close call,
    I remembered my lunch but the drinks sat on the worktop all day, was about to go to the coffee shop that costs about 3quid for a coffee, then I remembered I had a couple of fruit teas in my purse that twinings had sent me free, a few weeks ago.
    So emergency averted, must remember to replace them, for the next time it happens.
    Ebay 13 ;)........1583.46/2000.00 Amazon sales 54/50 Etsy sales 63/50
    Amazon 14.......4/50 Etsy14............46/75. Ebay........23/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family