My diary... becoming debt free whilst still having a life!!!

Options

Comments

• sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hi hope everyones ok
    off to pick DD2 up from swim training soon then will watch a bit of BB eviction( cant believe i,ve admitted to watching it:o :o )
    back at work today after 10 days hol it was like i,ve never been away lol
    gone stardrops crazy in the bathroom (its all shiny:D :D )
    rubydoiwannabee hope you've had agood day x
  • ~Yorkshire_Belle~
    Options
    It is exactly like not having been away at work for me too :(
    Hope you had a good day Ruby and Cas
    Getting there...slowly! :D

GC : must do better
    NSD: very rare

No matter how slow I go I am lapping everyone on the couch.
  • rubydoiwannabee
    Options
    Hello my friends, (and anyone else reading)
    We have had a good day today... only spent £2 on cooking apples and butter. Didn't get around to making the crumble though, so will have to do that tomorrow. Did make a new recipe for supper though, chicken fried in peppers, mushrooms and leek then cooked further in a tomato pasta sauce and served with a circle of cooked puff pastry on top. It was yummy and the kids loved it.

Also good news this evening, signed up to two mystery shops to take place over the next few days, one will pay £20!! and the 2nd £15!! So that can go to the OD.

Surfed this site for ASDA free delivery codes and have enough to last me for the next few weeks.

So all in all a good MS day.

I too am watching BB especially seeing as it is a DOUBLE eviction, I am sorry to say I am hooked.:o

Sistercas, what is this stardrops and where can I get it please? I love shiny!!

Will be back later.

By the way I was good and was in bed by 11.30pm last night, aiming for 11pm tonight.

xx
    The good you do comes back to you.
    DFW Long haul supporters No: 134
    ;)
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nice to see another diary.... I'm afraid the old style board just seems to big and complex to me.... so tell me simply how do you feed etc a family of 5 on £240 per month. I'm struggling on my target of £360 altho I must admit that usually includes pressies etc...:rotfl:
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • ltm07
    ltm07 Posts: 966 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Ruby! I will keep an eye on this diary & wish you luck! OH & I feel similar to you & have started to enjoy ourselves alot more the last few months than in the first few months of our DFW journey, even though the debts aren't going down very fast. It is important in my opinion to enjoy every day & do the whole DFW journey at your own pace, rather than try to clear everything as fast as you can, whilst not enjoying life in the process! All the best & will catch up tomorrow!!
    Debt at LBM(July 1st 07)-£35,053.92 Debt on 1st Anniversary of LBM(July 1st 08)-£33,170.11 (31st January 09)-£32,318.73Paid off so far £2,735.19(7.8%) Average paid off p.m. £143.95 L/H supporter 115 DFD target February 2018 DFD March 2028. PAD(Started 28/12/08) £253.77 £10 a day Feb £110/£280 WEDDING Paid off £1,585.96 Saved Up £925.40
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hello Ruby and Belle and anyone else
    Ruby your tea sounds lovely can you set an extra place for me:D
    stardrops is new to me there are a couple of threads about it. try this one.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=354039&highlight=stardrops
    i love it:T :D

missed the 1st BB tonight as DD2 took ages to come out of the changing rooms will watch the second unless i get too tired

well done with the mystery shops I have to confess i dont really know what they are or whats involved lol!
    I have just looked at quidco and there is £50 waiting to be paid out in September:j :j will put it towards xmas expenses

hope everyone has a good evening x

edited to remind Rubydoiwannabee to go to bed before 11pm!!
  • ~Yorkshire_Belle~
    Options
    I am a stardrops convert too - it's great!
    I haven't used quidco yet - must do it I know.
    savingholmes, I have a family of 5 and HAVE NO IDEA how to feed them on £240/month but would like to get there eventually
    Hope you all enjoy BB - am off to book tv for eviction!
    Belle
    Getting there...slowly! :D

GC : must do better
    NSD: very rare

No matter how slow I go I am lapping everyone on the couch.
  • rubydoiwannabee
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Well Sistercas I failed at 11pm bedtime, but I am going to type this then toodle off upstairs.

Hi to ltm07 and saving holmes, thanks for reading my diary.

LTM, I couldn't agree more about the enjoying life and working at the debts. I honestly think since our LBM things have changed and we won't go back to our old ways, but we may every now and again treat ourselves to a meal out or a takeaway, cinema etc. so that life doesn't become one big money making, debt paying treadmill.

Savingholmes, I have no idea how to feed a family of five on that money, I am currently working really hard at trying to stick to it for all our groceries etc and that is for a family of four. Some weeks we do, others we spend £70 or £80. I do find working out a meal plan and buying all that I need for that helps. The cupboards and freezer don't have as many 'extras' in them as they used to so I guess I am only buying what is needed. But it is hard. How long have you been trying/spending that for groceries?

On the subject of BB, I am glad Cat has gone, but still not sure who I want to win? What do you all think, who do you want to win?

I'm off now, have a busy day tomorrow. I can't believe I have had six weeks off work and I still have to go to town tomorrow the day before DD goes back to school to pick up polo shirts that I thought I already had!!!! That means labelling again tomorrow night.

I haven't got time now to read about Stardrops (love that name by the way) but I will tomorrow and think I will be looking out for them in the shops too.

Night, night to everyone.
    take care

xxxx:A
    ;)
  • rubydoiwannabee
    Options
    Oh no!! DD goes back to school tomorrow and has been up all night with a bug!!!! EEEEEkkkkkkkkk:eek: :eek: :eek:

(why oh why didn't I go to bed at 9pm!!)
    ;)
  • Hope DD is feeling much better now...nothing worse than being poorly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure