Creation Consumer Finance - Warning

Options

Comments

• Markjones63
    Options
    This Company CREATION CONSUMER are joke...

I have household insurance and pay the premium monthly. Early July the insurance company wrote to me informing me that they were switching finance companies to CREATION CONSUMER and asked to fill in another DD mandate, I did this and sent it back. Last Friday I had a very demanding and rude letter from CREATION CONSUMER telling me that my account was in arrears (the policy is only £15.00 a month) and that if I did not pay the full amount then they would inform my insurance company and cancel the policy. I called them on Saturday and the person I spoke to was so rude and unhelpful stating that the problem was not their and was my Bank's as the new DD mandate had not been processed. They wanted to charge me £15.00 (admin fee), I refused to pay this and after he had consulted his supervisor they agreed to waiver this charge but only if I settled the full amount (£33.00), I agreed only to be told that there was a £3.00 charge for processing my debit card payment (its what the banks charge us for using the fast payment system), I wasn't happy but agreed to pay the £3.00.
    I have had a letter this morning from the insurance company telling me that my policy has been cancelled because the account was in arrears....Can't believe this. I have just rang the insurance company and they were really good and understanding and could not apologise enough. They have said that they will sort the mess out.....

Stay well clear of CREATION CONSUMER...they are just sharks.
  • mundo2
    mundo2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I would agree that Creation's practices are very underhand and totally not-transparent. The FSA need to sort these sharks out.
  • ~Brock~
    ~Brock~ Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The FSA do not regulate consumer credit. That is the job of the OFT.
  • mundo2
    mundo2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
  • rock-on_2
    rock-on_2 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just been reading through this thread about these total cretins Creation Finance.

I have been caught out just as others have been. Duped by a retailer, Currys, into thinking I had arranged a 'buy now pay later' deal for a laptop. Salesman assured me that I was to pay deposit then nothing further to pay for 6 months but a direct debit would be set up in case I didn't pay on time as there would be no reminder sent by the finance company.

Bought the laptop December 2010, went away on holiday for a winter break of 9 weeks and thought no more about it. That was until I checked my bank account during January and found a debit had been taken. I had no idea who had requested it, contacted my bank who gave me the details of the finance company who I had never heard of so thinking there had been some mistake I reversed the charge.

The Creation started to harass. They phoned every day, sometimes twice a day. I repeatedly told them I was in Spain, I didn't have the agreement with me, couldn't check it with the retailer and I would sort it out when I got back and gave them the date of return. They, knowing I was in Spain, sent letters to my home address and charged me for them. They put an arrears notice on my credit reference file within 5 days of the reversal, they were rude, and denied me my consumer right to confirm details without further harassment until it had been sorted out. They demanded that I paid the amount in full there and then and all this via mobile phone calls. I made at least 2 verbal complaints which should have been noted, recorded and acted on but never were. I had no way of putting anything in writing as replies, if they ever bothered, would have gone to my home address so I wouldn't have received them. On top of that, there was no email address to send complaints to.

I called the Financial Ombudsman Service who told me that they were no allowed to harass to that extent and at the moment I am waiting for them to get back to me after contacting this Creation crowd. The FOS need to really sort this problem of being mis-led by retailers leading to having to deal with this company and then fine and/or revoke the licence issued to Creation for their totally unsavoury attitude, rude and aggressive behaviour. The more people complain to the OFT and FOS the better. Perhaps then something will get done to stop these bully boy and mis-leading tactics by both retailers and Creation.
  • Vasantha59
    Options
    I bought a used car and the finance was arranged with Creation Finance.I was shocked when the first DD was supposed to be paid last august.. .I discovered that it was cancelled and so my first payment never went through.I later received a letter advising me that the DD had failed and that I would be charged £35 by Creation.I called Creation who advised me this often happens with their DDs!!!This happened AGAIN 1 month later and I NEVER cancelled the DD on either occasion nor did my bank.

Now that I have seen these posts I will contact FOS about this issue of failing DDs and being charged for them,as I have a dispute with the car company over the cost of the car I bought as it has faults.I am paying £18000 for a car that is only worth £4500 and was 3 yrs old when I bought it.The maths don't add up!
    The car company and the warranty company are refusing to take responsibilty.This exacerbates an already disturbing issue with Creation!
  • Charlie111210
    Options
    polosdad wrote: »
    I recently bought a TV and this was the company that was used, I wasnt aware that when you make a payment they add on to your payment ten per cent of the actual bill. I owed £400 and my payment of £50 ended up as a payment of £54 just for paying online or over the phone. WORD OF ADVICE if you still have a cheque book its only the additional cost of a stamp to make a payment that way

I've used them 11 times over the past 5 years and i have never had a problem.. They've generally been for curry's and pc world but i've used them for dfs as well. It is stated on the agreement each time exactly when the payments are due, and as quite a few of mine have been buy now pay later's, the paperwork shows the special offer period and when it will go into direct debits and have the interest charged.
    I called up with the first agreement to see how to make the payments, and a very helpful girl told me about the charges with a debit and credit card but that depending on the timescale there is also the option of a bank transfer and sending a cheque. I've had no problems with paying, and with one of the purchases, the special offer date was the next day and i hadn't remembered, and called up and was told that i could make a payment even on the same day with a card and it'll go through straight away. I've always had my receipts when they've said and every person i've spoken to over the last 5 years has been very polite and professional.
    I think as long as you stick to the paperwork you're given, and actually read the terms and conditions, then creation consumer finance ltd is a great company to go for, but always check what you're signing. Looking at a lot of these posts, it seems to be people who think they were mis-sold or weren't told the full details with the shop assistant... Who's at fault there then?
  • shootdown1
    Options
    I have just tried to pay off the full amount on a year 0% finance deal (payment by the 27TH) but the Creation Consumer Finance Ltd site will not let me complete the transfer by flagging "Invalid house No/Name" ;this address is shown on the "Personal details" section of the website and is the address for the card.
    What is going on?
  • rock-on_2
    rock-on_2 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 May 2012 at 1:19PM
    Options
    Had similar problems, took the case to the FOS as they kept harassing me. Now it turns out they have 'lost' records of phone calls they made, lost records of letters they sent and are completely denying making any phone calls at all. I complained by phone and email as I was on holiday when problems started but this was never recorded either so was totally ignored.

FOS are still trying to get information out of the Creation Finance or should they be called Cretin Finance.

Make sure you keep calling them, get the name of whoever you are talking to, get an email address if you can, get every bit of information you can because this lot will deny everything and if you can't pay on time because they won't accept it then they'll charge you for it even though it's their fault. I wouldn't have any interest free, buy it now or any other type of credit that involved this lot. They're rude, aggressive and when given information completely fail to record it then deny all knowledge of even speaking to you.

If all else fails email the CEO [text removed by MSE Forum Team] not sure whether that will do any good but I emailed him in desperation perhaps if he gets more emails he may actually do something.
  • shootdown1
    Options
    Thank you Paulie's Girl for posting Creation's number: 028 90260900. I rang this morning , have made the payment over the phone and was given a reference number for the transaction.I will however continue to check at an ATM until they have taken the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure