PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I love the first two series of Death in Paradise with that first man as the cop, didn't really like the rest.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Monna I can't wait to be spoilt :) and HUH hugs and a crocheted blanket are most welcome in whatever form they are offered, virtual or otherwise :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You might like the latest Death in Paradise detective - it's Dougal from Father Ted
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another Father Brown fan here. Even the violent bits are somehow gentle and the bad acting is very endearing.
    I have only just cottoned on to Vera. I recorded the last series and am working my way through them.
    My guilty pleasure is Talking Pictures. I love the old black and white films and find I can hear every word they say. Unlike some of the new programmes where I can hear speaking but have no idea what they are saying. The actors seem to mumble and mutter. I thought that I was going doolally but a friend says that she has the same problem, in fact one programme she watched last week she thought was in a foreign language until she recognised a couple of words.

I wasn't as productive today as I'd planned. I sat down to do some writing this afternoon and woke up a couple of hours later with the pen still in my hand.

FairyP, Tunes are good. I also like Halls menthol sweets. They are good at clearing passages and soothe your throat while doing a bit of DynoRod action on your sinuses.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 January 2018 at 10:45PM
    Options
    I am not an avid TV/Film watcher but my recent days off resulted in me putting on the TV a few times....

Apart from Shaun The Sheep Movie, I watched both Despicable Me movies and much :o because I loved them :o:D

I think you must all be getting a measure of me by now :cool: :rotfl:

Ask me about my 5 best loved novels and I promise to be more serious.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • mardatha
    Options
    I don't watch tv at all, but the RV is a rabid soap addict. Re accents monna I crack up at Eastenders. I never know what the hell they are saying and some of them overdo it so much they crack me up -
    "If you fink I'm goin to do this then you got another fink coming" :rotfl:
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 9 January 2018 at 10:16AM
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    There's one of them every day from Edinburgh too spirit -the Dreamliner (?) Goes to Qatar. I know the noise when it's incoming as comes over this village but still pretty high. Different tone of engine altogether isn't it :)

It's a cracking plane the Airbus 330. It's sooo much bigger than the other jets. It's seems to just hang in the air Mar. I wonder how something that big manages to fly.

I've not lived here long, but the locals tell me that even they stop what they are doing to watch it.

It goes out/comes in 3times a day. I
    I could easily become a plane watcher. Lol
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • mardatha
    Options
    Ooooh not seen that one, just the Dreamliner. Will go and google that one now :)
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all.

I was woken by the sound of the digger going next door. They are widening their drive to take in half the front garden and the workmen start at some unearthly hour.

I am determined to get more done today, no more nodding off after lunch. Soooo. .....it will be shower and get stuck into the to-do list.
    However, I have no illusions, my intentions may be good, but the practice often falls woefully short.
    Of course, the first hurdle is getting out of bed. It is warm and comfortable and I have a good book on the go.

With my shortcomings in mind

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Judge me when you are perfect.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • FairyPrincessk
    Options
    Monna,

You could always try my tactic and work from bed. I suspect the sort of work you have in mind won't allow that, but there is always the list-making part which can satisfactorily be dragged into the stage of indexing the list of getting out of bed is proving too difficult.

Of course in spite of my efforts the lurgy has taken a turn for the worse. Everything has moved northwards and my sinuses are now suffering so I'm tucked up again with laptop, clipboard and piles of work with a hot water bottle at my feet. I've also put Radio 3 on for a bit of cheer. I've already managed an hour of work.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback