NOW TV broadband sign up bonus

Options
Hi, I'm hoping that someone can help me with a problem I'm having with NOW TV broadband. When I signed up back at the end of August NOW TV were running a promotion whereby people signing up to their broadband service would receive a £50 gift card. I received an email from NOW TV confirming this and saying that my gift card was "pending" and I would receive an email about this within 60 days. I did not receive an email and when I contacted their customer service team they told me that it wasn't their issue and passed me onto another external email to follow this up. Despite multiple emails to this external department I haven't had a response and NOW TV are claiming that it has nothing to do with this.

The gift card was one of the decisions for going with NOW TV as it made the overall monthly cost cheaper than any other providers for the service we wanted. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or have any advice on the best thing to try and get this sorted? As far as I am concerned this could count on some level as false advertising by NOW TV as they wouldn't have been the cheapest without the gift card.

many thanks
tim

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NowTV gave me an external link to submit a request through.

I got my JL evoucher.

Remind me Monday to give you the link
  • gingercordial
    Options
    I have also not yet received my promised £50 M&S voucher for signing up with Now Broadband in August. I did receive an e-mail in September saying it was "pending" and I would get something further within 60 days but nothing since.

I have just used the link above to send them a message, so fingers crossed.
  • Hengabecka
    Options
    I'm having the same problem - signed up 30/08/18 and have chased up the voucher three times so far. I do at least now have a saved web chat record with Now TV saying that the waiting time is actually 90 days, not 60 as previously advised by email from the voucher company, but that still means the voucher is overdue. Leaving messages with the third party voucher company never gets a response. I'm getting the distinct feeling they are hoping we will just forget about the vouchers!

I have today submitted a complaint via Now TV website which their website says they will respond to within 24 hours, so we'll see! It would be great if everybody else who has been left waiting could also make a complaint - the more they get, the less likely they can continue to ignore us.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I joined Now TV BB in July, and have only just received my Quidco joining bonus. I was originally given a qualification period of 60 days, but we were way past that when the bonus was finally confirmed.
  • AndyPK
    Options
    Voucher are handled by an external company.
    Little value raising a complaint with NowTV.
    Use the link I posted above. When I did, mine was sorted in a few days
  • swebb44
    Options
    im having the same problem and have used the link 3 times. They are still ignoring my messages!
    Has anyone got theres recently?
  • Lottie2
    Options
    I switched on 17-Aug & my £50 Tesco voucher arrived at the beginning of November. :smiley:
  • litibe
    litibe Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    How do you find the internet and service at Now Broadband please? My contract with Talktalk is finishing in a month's time, I'm just looking around and was not impressed by all the horrible reviews of Plusnet, so seeing that Now Broadband offers Fab Fibre (?) for £23.50 in my area, plus a possible Quidco cashback, I'm tempted, but never heard of this as an ISP before. Hope to hear some of your feedbacks, many thanks!
  • AndyPK
    Options
    I'm very pleased. Owned by Sky who have a good broadband reputation.

Telehphone calls can take 10 minutes to answer.

But when I reported a fault with my line, open reach were out in less than 24 hours :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure