IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Bw legal

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 4 October 2018 at 1:49AM
    Options
    You've said that word ASSUME again. Eeek, stop.

We KNOW loads of PPS claims were filed in a batch last month, and we have 11 on the go right now.

I think a 'dangerous to wealth' live claim IS in play at the old address and YOU MUST email BW Legal tonight, now and tell them it has NOT arrived, that you intend to defend once a claim is properly served, and reconfirm your address for service.

Which address did they send the letter to, the new address?

Parking scammers have been known to do that, yet falsely, knowingly serve a claim at the OLD address where they KNOW the person doesn't live.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tg1
    Tg1 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    The letter was sent to the new address,I know the person who lives at my previous and the postman on that round also deliver anything to me from that old address so maybe it’s slipped the net if that is the case.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    OK, but due to the dates you can see why I say email TONIGHT, NOW.

No more discussion, IMHO you are about to get a nasty surprise CCJ and no opportunity to defend it unless you contact BW, saying what I suggested, right now.*

And get that missing post in the morning and bung in an MCOL acknowledgement!*

IN THE NAME OF THE DEFENDANT, OF COURSE.
  • Tg1
    Options
    Dear sir/madam

I have received a letter stating a ‘notice of county court claim issued’

If this is right I have yet to receive a ‘claim form’ so if you enter me into a CCJ knowing the claim was not served then I will report you to the SRA and ICO immediately.

I fully intend to defend myself once the claim has been properly served,here is the current address so there is no confusion.

Xxxxx
    Xxxxxx
    Xxxxx
    Xxxxx

Regards, Xxxxx

I have sent this,didn’t really know what to write so tools a few of your points and kept it short and sweet.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Good, then in the morning get the claim that's no doubt at the old address.

I hope that email was sent as your wife, the Defendant?
  • Tg1
    Options
    Yes it was,with the client number for reference.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 October 2018 at 7:30AM
    Options
    Was there a Claim number on the letter - 8 digits and something like ExQZxxxx?

If so call the Northampton Bulk Centre - number at the bottom

https://www.gov.uk/courts-tribunals/northampton-county-court-business-centre

Ask a) which address it was sent to and b) has the Claimant applied for a default judgement? If they have not applied tell them you are going to Acknowledge and Acknowledge online ASAP.

If there isn't a number beginning with "E" on the letter ask BW the number and then go back to the Bulk Centre as instructed.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    If you think that this down market law firm has behaved in an unprofessional manner, or in breach of their Code of Conduct complain to their regulatory body.

http://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.
    for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.
    for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Tg1
    Options
    Wife called and they told her that she is in the system with current address time/date and location of offence.
    No ccj has been applied for yet. The operative she spoke to said now is the time to start her defence and to go to ccbcaq@justice.gov.uk to start the defence.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The operative she spoke to said now is the time to start her defence and to go to ccbcaq@justice.gov.uk to start the defence.

The operative should have said Acknowledge first - then do the defence. It is all automated and if you miss a step, it is flagged up to BW who will pounce. Do the Acknowledgement today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure