Barclaycard Platinum card

Options
Can anyone confirm that there are definitely NO FEES whatsoever for withdrawing cash (either the European destination or Barclays Bank) if I get Martin's recommended : Top Overseas Spending Card: Barclaycard Platinum Cashback

Thanks in anticipation.... off on our hols in 10 days :)

Comments

• heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This forum is just for posting holiday deals so I will move it over to the credit card forum

Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Any ATM fees will always apply, regardless of the card you use.

Barclaycard can't control third party fees.
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    maggiesoup wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that there are definitely NO FEES whatsoever for withdrawing cash (either the European destination or Barclays Bank) if I get Martin's recommended : Top Overseas Spending Card: Barclaycard Platinum Cashback
    Just wanted to say that an MSE member reported at the weekend that the affiliated MSE link that is meant to take you to the cashback card, took them to the wrong product. So double-check that the affiliated link takes you to the correct Barclaycard product. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This'll be the card you want ?

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/credit-cards/platinum-cashback-plus

No fees at ATMs abroad, except if the machine's owner bank imposes a separate surcharge, as mentioned above, likewise no fees for goods and services.

Three cardinal rules

1. Always elect to pay in local currency.

2. Always settle the balance in full within the timeframe when the next monthly statement arrives.

3. Always have an alternative source of funds - a Starling card comes highly recommended
  • Paul_DNAP
    Paul_DNAP Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Options
    maggiesoup wrote: »

Thanks in anticipation.... off on our hols in 10 days :)

Where you say "if I get" - does this mean you don't already have it - and you're hoping to apply, be approved and have it in your pocket in 10 days time? That seems optmistic to me, but good luck and happy hols!
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    But you could get Starling, Monzo and Revolut cards all in three days which don't charge exchange fees in shops or using ATM's.
  • Alexd52
    Alexd52 Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    But you could get Starling, Monzo and Revolut cards all in three days which don't charge exchange fees in shops or using ATM's.

Agree with this, only caveat being that Monzo has a £250 fee free limit/month for atm withdrawals abroad.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    Alexd52 wrote: »
    Agree with this, only caveat being that Monzo has a £250 fee free limit/month for atm withdrawals abroad.

...and Revolut £200. Paltry.

So that leaves Starling.
    But also useful to have a credit card for deposits etc
  • maggiesoup
    maggiesoup Posts: 766 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    Where you say "if I get" - does this mean you don't already have it - and you're hoping to apply, be approved and have it in your pocket in 10 days time? That seems optmistic to me, but good luck and happy hols!

Card arrived today - impressed !
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bear in mind you wont be charged a fee for withdrawing the cash. But you will pay interest on it from the moment you withdraw it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure