Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• bri160356
    bri160356 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    I moved to Avro’s Simple&Supreme tariff last year and my current deal ends on 9th Oct’18.

When it comes to renewal do Avro offer existing customers any sort of preferential tariff, or is it just a case of accepting (or rejecting!) their lowest publicly available tariff?,…which at the moment would be ‘Simple&Summertime’.

In essence, are they open to tariff negotiation or do they have a ‘take it or leave it policy’?

Until a few days ago a swop to their cheapest Simple&Glory tariff would have meant a 5.97% annual increase for me,….so not too bad.

However, the Simple&Glory tariff has now been replaced with Simple&Summertime which will be an 11.7% increase for me,…ouch! :eek:
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,601 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bri160356 wrote: »
    I moved to Avro!!!8217;s Simple&Supreme tariff last year and my current deal ends on 9th Oct!!!8217;18.

When it comes to renewal do Avro offer existing customers any sort of preferential tariff, or is it just a case of accepting (or rejecting!) their lowest publicly available tariff?,!!!8230;which at the moment would be !!!8216;Simple&Summertime!!!8217;.

In essence, are they open to tariff negotiation or do they have a !!!8216;take it or leave it policy!!!8217;?

Until a few days ago a swop to their cheapest Simple&Glory tariff would have meant a 5.97% annual increase for me,!!!8230;.so not too bad.

However, the Simple&Glory tariff has now been replaced with Simple&Summertime which will be an 11.7% increase for me,!!!8230;ouch! :eek:
    In my experience, they do not offer "preferential" tariffs to existing customers. But you can switch to another tariff with them before your current one ends, if it makes financial sense to do so, without any sort of penalty and the new rate will run for 12 months from the day you switch. I haven't tried, but I don't believe you can arrange in advance to switch to a new tariff taking effect from when the current one ends for 12 months.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Sapphire
    Sapphire Posts: 4,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    victor2 wrote: »
    I haven't tried, but I don't believe you can arrange in advance to switch to a new tariff taking effect from when the current one ends for 12 months.

My new tariff will apparently come into effect from when the current one ends in September, according to the confirmation I've been sent.
  • bri160356
    Options
    Sapphire wrote: »
    My new tariff will apparently come into effect from when the current one ends in September, according to the confirmation I've been sent.

If you don’t mind me asking which tariff are you on at the moment and which renewal tariff have Avro offered you?

My present tariff ‘Simple&Supreme’ ends on 9th October and a move to ‘Simple&Summertime’ will mean a hefty 11.7% increase for me;…as it stands there are 2 cheaper alternative companies/tariffs out there at the moment but unfortunately both still mean a substantial price increase.

I’ve no doubt Avro will introduce their new Simple&DaylightRobbery tariff at some point soon so I may need to jump-ship before my present deal ends. :(
  • bri160356
    Options
    Avro have now just replaced their very short lived Simple&Summertime tariff with the even more expensive Simple&Summerfix;

…the ‘Renew Tariff’ button on their website for existing customers doesn’t appear to be working either.

They're probably already working on an increase to Simple&Summerfix.:D
  • bri160356
    Options
    AVRO really are taking the p*** out of their existing customers at the moment;…existing customers have no online functionality whatsoever when it comes to switching to a new Avro tariff.

The ‘Renew Tariff’ button has been disabled and they have posted this message “ If you are an existing Avro Energy customer and are looking to renew your contract or change your tariff, please get in touch via Contact Us

Contact us by phone, email, or post they say! (don’t all laugh at once). :D

New customers can immediately access (and select) the latest tariffs online if they wish;…existing customers can’t.:(
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The next Avro tariff may be a 11.7% increase for you but for me a switch the lowest tariff for one of the big six would be a 17% increase.
    But I have just renewed by email for mid September as the renewal button did not work and Avro was still the best deal for me although some of the other small companies did match my new tariff.
  • admars
    admars Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    i emailed the other day for a renew quote, how long did it take them to get back to you?

when I switched to them from BG there was a problem, but Avro's support team always got back to me quickly, it was a problem at British Gas' end, but Avro were v helpful.
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    Was thinking of moving to Avro.... would people recommend them ?
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Was thinking of moving to Avro.... would people recommend them ?
    I've been with them for a few months now and have had no major problems. The worst I could throw at them so far is that monthly statements are have not always been within 5-days of the statement date. With DDs this is not a major problem however.

Their customer service is a bit slow and fairly basic but I've had no problems on that score so far. Some report delays in repaying credit balances when transferring at the end of a contract. Other reports suggest they block switches if you are in any debt at all.

I'd say this supplier is ok for those who keep track of their energy usage and stay in credit. When I switched to them I saved quite a lot compared with other suppliers and was aware of the downside risk. I'm content with my choice.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback