Got the £10 Christmas Bonus this winter? Expect a further £60 in the New Year too!

Options

Comments

• Jeanoj
    Options
    It seems, that because I have deferred my State Pension (7 years now) I don't qualify!! That's life!!
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jeanoj wrote: »
    It seems, that because I have deferred my State Pension (7 years now) I don't qualify!! That's life!!

Yes I am in the same situation, can't say I am too pleased about it though.
  • SwissToni_2
    Options
    Silly question, but why are we being paid this extra £60?
  • robellett
    Options
    Great, as heating costs have not fallen as much as Oil etc, this will help us to heat our homes more affordably, as getting a winter fuel supplement is rare!
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Options
    SwissToni wrote: »
    Silly question, but why are we being paid this extra £60?

The reason is explained in # 9 in this thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1378429
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • Dave6726
    Options
    I get the War Disablement Pension but I am under 65, although I do get the Mobility Suppliement. I got the £10 christmas bonus. Would I qualify?

Also, is it correct that i cant get DLA because I get the above two?
  • kazzybee
    kazzybee Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    glenys1948 wrote: »
    I have for the last 11 years or so received the £10 bonus at Xmas as I am on DLA but I never got it this year, who do I contact.

I also became a pensioner on 27 November last.

Now you are a pentioner I assume you got the £10 in your pension instead of the DLA....so also enjoy your £60 when you get it.:j
    KIND REGARDS
    KAZZYBEE :hello:
  • kazzybee
    kazzybee Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I believe you either get War disablement pension or DLA but not both. Hope this helps.
    KIND REGARDS
    KAZZYBEE :hello:
  • jos22
    jos22 Posts: 249 Forumite
    Options
    My wife reached state pension age last year. By reasons of paying the "old" married womans reduced NI and also later being contracted out, the only state pension payment she receives is based on the "old" graduated pension scheme.
    Can anyone please advise me if she is entitled to the Christmas Bonus (which she has not received) and the new extra payment?
  • barbara212
    Options
    Updated 29 December 2008
    What's this about?
    Every year a £10 Christmas Bonus is paid before Christmas Day to pensioners and some people on benefits. This winter it's been announced an additional £60 per person will be paid between Jan & March 2009 to each person who got the £10 bonus.

Who qualifies for the cash?

If you got the £10 bonus, you'll definately get the additional £60.

You qualify for the £60 bonus if you were in receipt of at least one of the following benefits in the week commencing 22 December:
    • Attendance Allowance
    • Constant Attendance Allowance
    • Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance
    • Disability Living Allowance
    • Incapacity Benefit at the long-term rate
    • Industrial Death Benefit
    • Carer's Allowance
    • Mobility Supplement
    • Pension Credit - the guaranteed element
    • State Pension (including Graduated Pension)
    • Severe Disablement Allowance
    • Unemployability Supplement or Allowance
    • War Disablement Pension if aged 65 or over
    • War Widow's Pension
    • Widow's Pension
    • Widowed Mother's Allowance
    • Widowed Parent's Allowance
    Payments don't need to be claimed, they'll be made automatically to you.
    When will I get the money?
    If you receive the state pension, the £60 payment should hit your account at some point in January. Everyone else will see the cash credited in February or March.
    If you haven't had your payment by April, either contact the Jobcentre Plus or pension centre that deals with your regular payments or call the Christmas Bonus helpline on 0800 141 2591.
    Related Guides
    [threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
    hi, I am on Disability LA and long term incapacity, I get £10 bonus, so I presume I get the £60 bonus, but my husbasnd also gets pension credit , would he get £60 as well or is it a one £60 per couple? many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure