PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Elona wrote: »
    Wednesday

If I did not have family coming over I would be tempted to just snuggle up in a dressing gown but don't want them to think I am not on top of things so will make an effort to tidy.

I find wearing night clothes so much more comfortable than normal clothing.:)I wish I could wear it out of the house too.:rotfl:
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I very seldom have a PJ day but if I do you can always guarantee I get unexpected visitors:eek::rotfl:

That said my winter day to day wear tends to consist of yoga pants + slouchy layers so nice and comfy:)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    sometimes I struggle to use a loaf up! ..

I used to struggle but have adapted. I love my small bm and its tiny footprint and the metal jl beadbin keeps the bread perfectly, right to the end and often for days. My panny is still in the garage, under a cover and I am more than happy to let it go now, to dd when she has moved

wort, oh yummy, that meal, sounds beautiful

Thinking ahead after I had my head in the fridge. Spinach must be used up tomorrow and I have to get cracking on the new ricotta. I am thinking I will add a bit of spinach to my stir fry today, which will be bountiful in kale.

Tomorrow lunch, pasta tossed with ricotta, chopped walnuts, olive oil and parsley and served with spinach. It cooks down to nothing and I think was meant for salads. I have taken 2 fresh organic eggs out for breakfast poached eggs. Popped out for eggs yesterday and my nearest convenience shop is keeping these lovely organic eggs, must be demand as it is that sort of area. I am happy

I am amazed at my room temperature, still at 19 with no external heat because it was sunny all day yesterday. The oven is going on later so that will give the temperature a boost. Something good to be said for open plan

It is snowing
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    ...The oven is going on later so that will give the temperature a boost. Something good to be said for open plan

Until you cook cabbage ..... that stuff travels!
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Me too Caronc, joggers and fleece tops at home, and as soon as I get home if I've been out!!
    Pjs if it's around 4pm!!!
    It's strange because I always get washed and dressed as soon as I'm awake in the morning I don't go downstairs before getting dressed!!!!
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I find wearing night clothes so much more comfortable than normal clothing.:)I wish I could wear it out of the house too.:rotfl:

Some used to, had to ban them from T8sco

Snowing now, and today is DGS birthday party, we are going over, it's about 15 miles, hope you don't see us on TV stuck on the motorway:o I'll be wearing my huge padded day glow jacket, like the cops have. Nice and warm just in case it's needed

Porridge & HM yoghurt with fake maple syrup for breakfast

Lunch I think is cheese on toast

Party food buffet later, seen on FB that DGS wants train like cake, which his mum makes using Battenberg, lovely, one of my favourite cakes.
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    I used to struggle but have adapted. I love my small bm and its tiny footprint and the metal jl beadbin keeps the bread perfectly, right to the end and often for days. My panny is still in the garage, under a cover and I am more than happy to let it go now, to dd when she has moved

wort, oh yummy, that meal, sounds beautiful

Thinking ahead after I had my head in the fridge. Spinach must be used up tomorrow and I have to get cracking on the new ricotta. I am thinking I will add a bit of spinach to my stir fry today, which will be bountiful in kale.

Tomorrow lunch, pasta tossed with ricotta, chopped walnuts, olive oil and parsley and served with spinach. It cooks down to nothing and I think was meant for salads. I have taken 2 fresh organic eggs out for breakfast poached eggs. Popped out for eggs yesterday and my nearest convenience shop is keeping these lovely organic eggs, must be demand as it is that sort of area. I am happy

I am amazed at my room temperature, still at 19 with no external heat because it was sunny all day yesterday. The oven is going on later so that will give the temperature a boost. Something good to be said for open plan

It is snowing

I really should get back in to making my own bread, the downside though is that when I do I eat too much of it:o

Spinach & ricotta is one of my favourite combinations of food, love it with a generous grating of nutmeg mixed through it:D
    Until you cook cabbage ..... that stuff travels!
    "Price's Chefs candle" I wouldn't be without one as they are the best thing I've found for absorbing cooking whiffs:)
    wort wrote: »
    Me too Caronc, joggers and fleece tops at home, and as soon as I get home if I've been out!!
    Pjs if it's around 4pm!!!
    It's strange because I always get washed and dressed as soon as I'm awake in the morning I don't go downstairs before getting dressed!!!!

I'm not quite a washed and dressed as soon as I'm up person these days but never feel my day properly starts until I've done both. After a prolonged spell of sink washes and basically living in my PJs in 2016, I now equate showering/dressing as a daily "must do" for my mental well-being if nothing else.:D

It's trying to snow here though I don't think it will come to anything. I braved the bitter wind to empty the bin and feed the birds and will now cosy in for the day:)
  • caronc
    Options
    Farway wrote: »

Snowing now, and today is DGS birthday party, we are going over, it's about 15 miles, hope you don't see us on TV stuck on the motorway:o I'll be wearing my huge padded day glow jacket, like the cops have. Nice and warm just in case it's needed

Porridge & HM yoghurt with fake maple syrup for breakfast

Lunch I think is cheese on toast

Party food buffet later, seen on FB that DGS wants train like cake, which his mum makes using Battenberg, lovely, one of my favourite cakes.
    Good luck with journey, make sure you have some snacks/drinks and a suitable empty bottle just in case. The cake sounds fab:)
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »

Lol, you do get some people at my local corner shop dressed in pyjamas, usually young women actually.:rotfl:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 March 2018 at 1:26PM
    Options
    It's snowing here. Didn't expect that.

Big soft swirling flakes. I was outside of one of the coloured weather warning areas on TV weather maps, by about 30 miles.... but they added a new coloured area this morning so today I am between two areas that should expect heavy/bad snow....

Just ate two hot sausage rolls, so if the power goes (no reason for it to as it doesn't usually), then I have hot food inside me :)

Baked up the parsnips and the cabbage I cooked in the last couple of days too .... so when that baked Bub/Squ variation cools I'll slice it and freeze it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback