Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• vintagegal
    Options
    Hello everyone! We've got lots of very small budgets this year, I am in awe of some of them! But then I am very easily tempted when it comes to clothes and shoes..

I've ordered a few bits in the sales, mainly shoes as I needed some flat ones due to the broken ankle. I have deliberately avoided looking at clothes as I DO NOT WANT TO BE THIS SIZE! and I don't want to buy things that are too small as that is just depressing. I ordered three nighties as I had to throw some away as they had holes in... I think I've had them since I was pregnant and my children are 11 and 9! I never wear things out so that was a first.
    Am counting these in the already blown 2016 budget which is naughty.

I weighed myself and managed not to cry.. haven't decided what weight loss to do (maybe SW?) but also need to wait until my physio appt next week to see what movement I will be allowed to do. Hopefully can start walking but want some guidance about how many steps etc. I have set up the savings account to transfer the budget to, as and when I lose any weight. Need to try and get some of the chocolate out of the house without encouraging the children to eat more than they should!
    Fashion on the Ration 2020 - 5/66 spent
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please could i join in ,i would like to stick to £5 a week ,all buying to come from charitx shopx and all monies to come from selling my own used and unused clothes .Also i am starting a diet on the first of january sono money to be spent until i losea stone.Thank you.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,437 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    try_harder wrote: »
    Please could i join in ,i would like to stick to £5 a week ,all buying to come from charitx shopx and all monies to come from selling my own used and unused clothes .Also i am starting a diet on the first of january sono money to be spent until i losea stone.Thank you.

Of course you can, you are number 22.

Good luck with it :)
  • somerandom
    Options
    Thank you Kim for setting up the thread :T. I'd love to join in again - I'm setting my budget to £365 for the year :)
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening

Could I join again please? I failed dramatically last year, but I'll set my budget at £300 again if possible.

I'm doing project 333 so that should reduce the amount I spend. I have done 3 cycles now, so another one and I should have clothes for all seasons :D

Happy new year everyone.

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • Kim_13
    Options
    Am out for New Years' so will update the challenger list when I'm in a fit state tomorrow/Monday.

What is project 333?

£365 - nice realistic budget. Might go for that next time if I don't overspend this time.

Tried to weigh myself today. Really need to get a digital scales as it wasn't easy to read at all.

Have a good New Year everyone

Kim
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    Am out for New Years' so will update the challenger list when I'm in a fit state tomorrow/Monday.

What is project 333?

£365 - nice realistic budget. Might go for that next time if I don't overspend this time.

Tried to weigh myself today. Really need to get a digital scales as it wasn't easy to read at all.

Have a good New Year everyone

Kim

Hello,

Project 333 is 33 items of clothing every 3 months. so for instance, my current wardrobe includes tops and bottoms for work, weekend clothes, shoes, boot and coats and total 33 in all. Each 3 months, i look at what I have worn, and swap things out for other items which are either in storage, or I need to buy, to change my wardrobe around and make it season appropriate.

As I have been doing it for less than a year, I have been keeping all the clothes which are not part of my 33 items, in storage. Any that I have not worn for the year will be either sold, given away or taken to the charity shop. Basically, there are never more than 33 items of clothing or footwear in my wardrobe at one time :)

Not sure I have explained that very well, but google might be more helpful :)

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • Kim_13
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    Thank you Kim for setting up the thread :T. I'd love to join in again - I'm setting my budget to £365 for the year :)

somerandom,

You're welcome.

You are number 23.

Kim
  • Kim_13
    Options
    32b3in2013 wrote: »
    Hello,

Project 333 is 33 items of clothing every 3 months. so for instance, my current wardrobe includes tops and bottoms for work, weekend clothes, shoes, boot and coats and total 33 in all. Each 3 months, i look at what I have worn, and swap things out for other items which are either in storage, or I need to buy, to change my wardrobe around and make it season appropriate.

As I have been doing it for less than a year, I have been keeping all the clothes which are not part of my 33 items, in storage. Any that I have not worn for the year will be either sold, given away or taken to the charity shop. Basically, there are never more than 33 items of clothing or footwear in my wardrobe at one time :)

Not sure I have explained that very well, but google might be more helpful :)

32b3

32b3,

That all makes sense, thanks.

I've given you number 24.

Kim
  • LJS90
    Options
    Can I sign up for £50 per month (£600 for the year), not included is any outfits that need to be bought for weddings (two this year so far).

Anything I don't spend from that £50 I plan to put into savings and NOT roll it over to the next month.

If any extra is needed per month this has to come from the sales of other clothing, shoes, etc.

Looking forward to this challenge!

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family